Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
parker

Default S2 Egas wont start

It's got spark (checked cyl 1 - front), can smell gas in the intake when the airbox is off. Plugs are fairly new and leads have just been changed (in an effort to fix it), but still just keeps cranking forever with no sign of ignition.

It did it about a week back and has been driven a couple of times since. That time it just came good after a little while, but this time I've tried HEAPS and it just wont go.

parker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Battery might not have enough charge to ignite the fuel. Try a jump start and see if that helps. Could also be the coil pack. Are you in the NRMA? Give them a ring if you are. They will sort it out for you.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #3
ReVd_uP
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

maybe you have a blockage, try cranking it while you get someone lightly tapping the converter with a hammer or shifter or whatever,... failing that, get it down to a workshop before you blow yourself up
ReVd_uP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #4
parker

Didnt get anywhere - just had it towed to the local NRMA/Ford workshop. :'(
parker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #5
jmack
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

my company ute did the same thing the other day racv just tapped the inlet sol at bottom of converter and it started he said it was a common call for them they are gumming up or somthing
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2006, 12:30 AM   #6
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I get it occasionally ... the converter floods ... you need to VERY SLIGHTLY depress the accelerator while cranking ... That lightly that it doesn't shut off the starter ... and keep cranking till it catches. It takes a good 10-15 seconds ... make sure you have a good battery ... and a backup car to jump start if you really kill the battery.

It's a bugger .... if you don't get it to start the first time .... 2nd can be a real pain.

I still haven't sorted mine .... but when i start first time ... I over hold the key when starting and make sure it starts ... cos it sounds like it catches at first ... but it doesn't and needs a couple more seconds with the key held in the start position.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post