Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 31-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
norman A
Starter Motor

Default Ford Festiva (1993) tail lights

Would anyone on the forum know whether the tail lights on a 1993 Ford Festiva are one piece or the lenses separate from the body of the tail light.
I have to roadworthy a Festiva, but before I can do so, I have to either replace the tail lights or if the lenses separate from the bodies, repaint the blinker lenses because they are badly faded.
That provided I can separate the lenses from the bodies of course.
Norm.

norman A is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-06-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
Billy99
Starter Motor

G'Day again Norman
Just had a look at the workshop manual; the lenses do separate from the housing.
First remove globes and sockets, then the nuts holding the light assembly. Once the whole light assembly is out, you will need a hot air gun or hairdryer. The sealant holding the lenses in place is 'Hot Melt' type. So with the hot air gun, heat up the sealant then push an object (handle of a ball pien hammer in the book) through from the inside to gently release the lenses. The sealant may be reused when reassembling, or, book recommends; 'Uni-sealer (8531 77 739)' whatever that is.. Just Google.

Other things to watch out for with the roadworthy: Worn rubber pads on the brake and clutch pedals, fraying of the seat belts (cigarette lighter will remove minor frays) and flex in the steering wheel molding. Not much you can do about this one, seems to be a common fault with Festiva's, more pronounced in summer when the steering wheel really gets hot.
I no longer have my Festiva as my wife was hit in an accident and the car was delared a write off. Fortunately no injuries. Now have a WQ Fiesta l'm getting to know. Fun to drive and great handling.
Cheers Bill
Billy99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
NudgE^SIKBRO
Never late with a V8

Depending on HOW faded ur blinker lenses are (the more faded the better) you can simply use amber bulbs.
Steering wheel rim flex is another easy fix. a large syringe with epoxy glue or the like, Poke the needle through the BACK of the steering wheen and squirt a moderate (not toooo much glue) through the padding and it will bond the padding back onto the steel ring inside the wheel, do this about every 2 cms in the area that has broken loose.

Hope this helps, Cheers Dan

(Daily)2004 Explorer V8 Limited
(Work) 2014 Kenworth K200 Aerodyne
(Classic) 1969 Mini K, 1340, twin SU's
The beginning is near!!!

Body by Ford. Soul by NudgE
NudgE^SIKBRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post