Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-02-2024, 09:36 PM   #2911
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Car Detailing - What products are your go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
When you say ipa wipe down, obviously that's to remove any residue.. I bought some nv clarify a while back which from memory you don't rate at all. Will that work. Otherwise I can get straight ipa from work.

I was thinking of getting a stronger soap as a cheaper option to clean wheels. The spray on ones, while effective, work out to be quite expensive as they don't last very long. Would lift or snow+ be able to perform this double duty?

Thanks again for your great advice.
Sorry, I abbreviated prep spray as IPA, mainly because most of them are IPA based. Yes, NV Clarify will work just fine, in this case you are using it a final wipe over before applying the layer of protection.............be generous with the product too.

And 100%, a higher alkaline car wash soap can be used as a wheel cleaner. In fact, its probably nicer overall to work with. I actually use soap far more often than wheel cleaner on my cars, and that's a pH neutral soap too. Considering you actually drive () your cars, then using the alkaline soap would be more appropriate for you.

While Carpro don't freely advertise the pH value of Lift, I tested it at 12.3...............

NV suggest Snow+ is valued at 8.1 but I tested 12.05..............

That sort of plays out in real world as I find Lift is slightly more aggressive than Snow+.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 25-02-2024, 07:44 AM   #2912
anobserver
Oppressive patriarch

Quote:
Cheers. It's been well looked after but I don't think any fancy product has been used. Paint still looks quite glossy so it's not like I'm trying to bring something dull back to life.

The owner wasn't in to cleaning door jambs etc. A bug bear of mine, so will need a bit of love in those areas.

I'll start a thread (another one) in the Everest section soon on my thoughts around the car and transitioning from territory.

I'm a big fan of door jamb cleaning. Its such an easy way to make a car more inviting and add to the whole experience.

BA RTV.
anobserver is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2024, 04:27 PM   #2913
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

The AMMO Australia website is now live.

https://ammonyc.au/?_kx=kpj3xD-e3CxH...bYzD054.SeiZnH

The products are priced on the premium side, but in line with other Carpro and Koch Chemie, and similar to Adam's. Shipping about on par with other Sydney based suppliers delivering to Country Victoria, although there is currently no free shipping threshold.

Now, I do I resist the temptation?
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2024, 04:51 PM   #2914
bfets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
The AMMO Australia website is now live.

https://ammonyc.au/?_kx=kpj3xD-e3CxH...bYzD054.SeiZnH

The products are priced on the premium side, but in line with other Carpro and Koch Chemie, and similar to Adam's. Shipping about on par with other Sydney based suppliers delivering to Country Victoria, although there is currently no free shipping threshold.

Now, I do I resist the temptation?
Keen to hear your opinion on the various products once you've tried them.
bfets is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2024, 05:02 PM   #2915
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfets View Post
Keen to hear your opinion on the various products once you've tried them.
I have used a few of them already, paying triple figures to have them shipping from the USA.

Hydrate - this is his post wash drying aid or "paint moisturizer". This is unlike any other product I have used for this role, it being more of a lotion than a spray. It takes a bit to get used to, but I can see where he was going with it. I will point out I have the original form of Hydrate, the newest formulation is even thicker.
https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-hyd...nt-moisturizer

MUD - this is a tyre dressing with a slightly glossier appearance. It smells sweet and is superbly easy to apply. More of a gel like consistency that a spray or cream.
https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-mud-tire-gel

Brute Wheel Soap - again, something a but different in that this is a dedicated alkaline wheel specific soap. Probably not a game changer, but he also uses it as a strip wash.
https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-brute-wheel-soap

I'm keen to try Frothe, a foaming rinse-less wash, again something unique. I was also keen to try Blush, a finishing wax, but the price sort of put an end to that. I'll probably order Plum Wheel Cleaner and Spit.
https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-spit
https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-plum-wheel-cleaner
https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-blu...h&_ss=e&_v=1.0
https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-frothe-hoseless-lift
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2024, 05:11 PM   #2916
bfets

Quote:
I have used a few of them already, paying triple figures to have them shipping from the USA.

Hydrate - this is his post wash drying aid or "paint moisturizer". This is unlike any other product I have used for this role, it being more of a lotion than a spray. It takes a bit to get used to, but I can see where he was going with it. I will point out I have the original form of Hydrate, the newest formulation is even thicker.

https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-hyd...nt-moisturizer

MUD - this is a tyre dressing with a slightly glossier appearance. It smells sweet and is superbly easy to apply. More of a gel like consistency that a spray or cream.

https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-mud-tire-gel

Brute Wheel Soap - again, something a but different in that this is a dedicated alkaline wheel specific soap. Probably not a game changer, but he also uses it as a strip wash.

https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-brute-wheel-soap

I'm keen to try Frothe, a foaming rinse-less wash, again something unique. I was also keen to try Blush, a finishing wax, but the price sort of put an end to that. I'll probably order Plum Wheel Cleaner and Spit.

https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-spit

https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-plum-wheel-cleaner

https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-blu...h&_ss=e&_v=1.0

https://ammonyc.au/products/ammo-frothe-hoseless-lift
I can't remember which video, but I think it was in one of the OG wash and talks, Matt said that the Ammo stuff is good, but not THE best, which is why OG don't use or resell them. I wondered how they really stack up against Carpro, Koch Chemie and the like.
Old 25-02-2024, 05:17 PM   #2917
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I can't remember which video, but I think it was in one of the OG wash and talks, Matt said that the Ammo stuff is good, but not THE best, which is why OG don't use or resell them. I wondered how they really stack up against Carpro, Koch Chemie and the like.
Matt used the earlier versions of the AMMO "system" on his GT-350. And yes, his comments were that they are good, but not something he could on-sell in the way he has setup his business (selling only select products from a variety of manufacturers and not a whole line).

As for how they compare to the established brands, its hard for me to comment. If you look through his product lineup, the offerings are different and somewhat unique. That I guess is smart, going this route sets him apart, rather than simply bottling and branding an existing line of products that tend to fade into the background. Think any private label brands.
Mustang GT

Old 26-02-2024, 04:22 PM   #2918
prydey
Rob

Quick question... Can I use carpro perl (diluted) on ford Everest side steps or will it make them slippery?
Old 26-02-2024, 04:25 PM   #2919
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Quick question... Can I use carpro perl (diluted) on ford Everest side steps or will it make them slippery?
Yes you can, I have used various similar products without issue. Probably best diluted at least 1:1, or preferably 3:1.
Mustang GT

Old 28-02-2024, 06:10 PM   #2920
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

You would assume using these products so regularly that dilution amounts would be muscle memory, but my brain doesn't work that way. I got sick of looking up the dilution each and every time I mixed one of the following chemicals, so I did what I do best....................made a spread sheet!

Mustang GT

4 users like this post:
Old 28-02-2024, 06:44 PM   #2921
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The P&S brand has gone from strength to strength over the last decade, delivering a variety of high-performance products that have really found favor with the pro and enthusiast detailing market. In recent times they have been reinventing some of their older formula's, some rebranded to bring them to prominence, some reformulated for modern times applications.

One such product being Undressed Tire Prep, which was once known as P&S White-Wall Tire Cleaner. It's been brought under the Pro-Series banner and sold as an alternative to Shine Supply Wise Guy or Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner.

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...44057049006295

Another being Crystal Wash. This actually hasn't been alternated in formula, rather it's a different take on an iron fallout remover........without the stench. Instead of dissolving contamination and turning purple, it attacks and then crystalizes contaminants for easy hose off. This product dates back to the 1980's and has been brought into the spotlight in recent times as an alternative to stinky iron removers.

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...18899248709689

Another product, and the reason for this post, is Radiance. The original formula being a good old-fashioned wash & wax type maintenance soap. The case for a maintenance wash with carnauba wax is very limited these days, it really doesn't play well with ceramic coatings and sealants. Up until recently, you could still buy Radiance Premium Wash & Wax.

However, Radiance has since gone through a reformulation to be more relevant, now known as Inspiration Radiance Coating Maintenance Wash................

https://psdetailproducts.com/product...wash-wax-quart
https://carcareco.com.au/product/ps-...ntenance-wash/

The new formula, and new name for that matter, was intended to fit into the rest of the P&S Inspiration ceramic coating lineup. Like the original wax version, the new formula is designed to clean, then leave behind some additional Si02 to increase gloss, slickness, hydrophobics and provide some very minor protection.

Now, you can see I have the old and the new side by side. That was not intentional as I've never been a wash & wax fan. However, I was sent the old bottle in error (or maybe not), I must have got the very last bottle as it's since been removed from the supplier's website.

From what I have seen, Inspiration Radiance is not a high foaming soap. Nor have I been a big fan of these dual-purpose soaps. But, well, I wanted to try it. Time will tell if this changes my mind.
Mustang GT

Old 29-02-2024, 10:50 AM   #2922
prydey
Rob

Quote:
This is great info. I only have perl and ech20 on that list. Are these values from the company or are they also partly user experience?

Interested to try perl on the interior before I spend more money. May as well try the products I already have.
Old 29-02-2024, 12:48 PM   #2923
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:

Interested to try perl on the interior before I spend more money. May as well try the products I already have.
I find perl just as good as 303.

Little real world scenario, I cleaned the dash of my P250 with APC and afterwards my dash was sapped of all moisture and was very dull. I freaked out and put some 303 on and it made no change. The dash was so dry and I thought I had ruined it. Put some Perl 1:8 on it and no change, cue more stressing as my P250 is immaculate.

I can't remember the ratio i ended up using, maybe 1:1 or 1:2 but it sorted it out. It's been over a year now and the dash is totally fine and I haven't even dressed it again as I wanted to make sure it was ok.

I also use Perl as a tyre dressing and in the engine bay.
Old 29-02-2024, 07:09 PM   #2924
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
This is great info. I only have perl and ech20 on that list. Are these values from the company or are they also partly user experience?

All dilution ratio's presented above are the manufacturers recommendations. With the rinse-less wash products, I would follow those to the letter.

The only product on that list I would mess about with would be ECH20, people seem to find their own sweet spot with that one.
Mustang GT

Old 29-02-2024, 07:23 PM   #2925
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
I find perl just as good as 303.

Little real world scenario, I cleaned the dash of my P250 with APC and afterwards my dash was sapped of all moisture and was very dull. I freaked out and put some 303 on and it made no change. The dash was so dry and I thought I had ruined it. Put some Perl 1:8 on it and no change, cue more stressing as my P250 is immaculate.

I can't remember the ratio i ended up using, maybe 1:1 or 1:2 but it sorted it out. It's been over a year now and the dash is totally fine and I haven't even dressed it again as I wanted to make sure it was ok.

I also use Perl as a tyre dressing and in the engine bay.
I remember when that happened, I was so worried on your behalf.

I was actually having an argument about this on Autogeek last week, someone was asking about what APC they should use on their interior. My comment was that you really don't need an APC for interior cleaning, that there are much safer pH neutral interior cleaners that clean perfectly well without posing the risk of causing damage like a high pH APC can.

And then the good-old yankie boys came out of the woodwork, one claiming that he had been using Meguiar's D101 APC on interiors forever and had no issues. I was actually waiting for those comments by the way, the sort of guys who have never used anything but Meguiar's because that's what they have always used, but never thought that maybe things have moved on since 1999. If Meguiar's did offer a pH neutral interior cleaner, they would have been shouting from the rooftops about it instead of D101.

This also formed part of my response -

"I see so many Youtubers hosing interiors down with APC, sometimes blasted with steam in the process, and shudder at what could happen. Granted, some of those interiors are filthy, but they are also quite often older interiors with 10-20 years of age on them. You can be sure they won't be showing before and after shots of an interior turned white after using APC."

"Quoted from another poster in a previous thread on the topic -

"Meguiars D101 has a pH of 13 in concentrate. That is one level below oven cleaner. Diluted 10:1 it has a pH of 11.959. Diluted 50:1 it has a pH of 11.292. It seems a bit too alkaline for interiors."

I'm not saying APC or D101 doesn't have its place, but unless you are dealing with a putrid interior, you can clean just as effectively with a pH neutral cleaner. Even on my daily drivers that I attend to, one of them from a heavy smoker, I never require such alkalinity. As for the garage queens, again, its either an interior detailer or simply a damp towel.

Now, if you are a pro detailer tasked with cleaning heavily soiled and neglected interiors, sure, I can see the value in having a heavy duty APC."
Mustang GT

Old 29-02-2024, 08:03 PM   #2926
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
The newly updated MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannon has just gone on sale in the USA, Australia hopefully following closely behind. This represents MTM finally listening to the calls for a wide mouth bottle.

https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/collec...-2-foam-cannon
https://www.mtmhydroparts.com/collec...-bottle-3-pack

Now, I have been running these foam cannons for three years now. The key benefit of these foam cannons over others is the more efficient consumption of the soap solution. This is something I have verified side by side with an older Waxit branded foam cannon, which goes through the contents of the bottle considerably faster. And yet, even with the added efficiency, you still get exceptional foam from the MTM.

But like any product, there was room for improvement. The earliest versions of the PF22 had a sexy looking bottle……………that would tip over if not completely full of liquid. MTM partially addressed this with the 22.2 update, the bottle reshaped to be wider at the bottom to prevent it tipping over. And yet…………………..it still tipped over when empty. This stems from the heft and bulk of the FP22 cannon body, which is much chunkier than key rivals.

Another irk was the lack of a wide mouth bottle to make filling easier. I will say, I have never had a wide mouth bottle foam cannon, so I have always managed with the FP22.2’s narrow opening. The key to success is to fill the bottle with water first, then add the soap at the end. There were also complains of the plastic bottle not threading nicely with the brass foam cannon body, although I have never really had much problem.

With the latest update to the PF22.2, MTM have redesigned the bottle to have a wide mouth and a bayonet fitting. Retooling for a new foam cannon body would have been very expensive, so MTM designed a plastic adaptor to mate the old brass body to the new bottle. Some have complained that this is a half-assed approach, but take a look at the competition……………they are doing the same thing. My only concern would be the durability of the bayonet fitting.

Now, at the moment, in the USA MTM are only offering the new PF22.2 as a full assembly, along with replacement wide mouth bottles. I have been told that there will be the ability to convert an older PF22.2 via the adaptor and replacement bottle. At the moment, I can’t find those on the MTM Veloci website as standalone parts.

As it stands, I won’t be buying another PF22.2 foam cannon, I already have two that would be a prime candidate for the upgraded parts. So, in addition to selling the new units in full, here’s hoping the local retailers stock the required parts for a conversion.
WOW!! That was quick, both the complete unit and retrofit kit are now available from Detailing Shed!

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...e-mouth-bottle
https://detailingshed.com.au/product...-cannon-bottle
Mustang GT

Old 02-03-2024, 01:24 PM   #2927
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If I ever get sorted and start building a shop, then a lift will be factored in from the very beginning. Rather than deal with ramps, I want to do it in-ground like they did............

Even if you did end up having to cut and repour concrete like they did, the Swisstrax would cover that up and deliver the clean finish.

I wish I had the same multi-skillset that Mike does. I know Matt ruffles feathers, he has ruffled mine a few times, Mike on the other hand is a natural in front of the camera and a complete opposite to Matt. He actually just bought a 911 GT3, which I think is a well deserved reward for his hard work.
Just came across this, that is NOT how you do it, very bad and dangerous the way the concreting is done. I would not want to put a car on that.

The new concrete needs to be tied to the old concrete with starter bars drilled and anchored into the existing slab.

Apart from that it looks pretty cool.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

Project 1 : '75 XB GS 351 Ute, Toploader, 9" with 3.5's

Project 2 : '74 XB GS Big Block Coupe, Toploader, 9" with 4.11's

In Storage : '74 XB GS 351 Fairmont Sedan

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 02-03-2024 at 01:33 PM.
XB GS 351 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2024, 01:54 PM   #2928
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually came to this thread to see what car wash buckets people are using?

Was looking to buy some for a two bucket system with grid guards.

The Week End Bruiser : FPV BF GT 40th Anniversary, 6 Speed Manual, 6/4 Brembo and lots of Herrod goodies

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 02-03-2024, 02:20 PM   #2929
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB GS 351 Coupe View Post

I got waxit ones with the grid guards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-03-2024, 03:59 PM   #2930
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I got waxit ones with the grid guards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was looking at them, but I thought just under $70 postage for two buckets was a bit much on top of the $36 per bucket price.

I don't mind paying for quality and I do all the time but $140 for two $3.50 buckets just because the have 'Wash' and 'Rinse' printed on them was stretching the friendship a bit for me.

But keep the suggestions coming.

I think at this stage a couple of 'Bunnings' buckets might have to do the job....

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 02-03-2024, 04:11 PM   #2931
prydey
Rob

I have 2 of these
https://www.bunnings.com.au/ezy-stor...ucket_p4470518

And a 20L plastic bucket from work that I use for wheels.
Old 02-03-2024, 04:16 PM   #2932
bfets

Quote:

I have these Bowden's Own ones from Repco:

https://www.repco.com.au/car-care-pa...6&gad_source=1
Old 02-03-2024, 06:09 PM   #2933
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have 2 of these
https://www.bunnings.com.au/ezy-stor...ucket_p4470518

And a 20L plastic bucket from work that I use for wheels.
I was really considering the Grid Guards to put in the bottom. I was looking at round buckets.

I am considering the plain old 20 Litre Bunning Pail Bucket. $8 each.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bunnings...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I could get a Repco or SCA one as well I guess to have different colours.

Can't believe I am putting this much thought into buckets....

EDIT : Just checked the Recpco web site and they sell the grid guards for pail buckets for $10 each. I think I might go that way. Bunnings bucket, Repco Bucket and two grid guards. Use my old bucket for wheels. All up less that $40.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Last edited by XB GS 351 Coupe; 02-03-2024 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2024, 06:24 PM   #2934
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I have these Bowden's Own ones from Repco:

https://www.repco.com.au/car-care-pa...6&gad_source=1
I actually quite like the look of that. I saw they do a two bucket system as well, not sure I need the wheel one.

Are those buckets printed or are they stickers?? How are they holding up??

I would consider the two bucket set.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 02-03-2024, 06:35 PM   #2935
bfets

Quote:
I actually quite like the look of that. I saw they do a two bucket system as well, not sure I need the wheel one.

Are those buckets printed or are they stickers?? How are they holding up??

I would consider the two bucket set.
Mine is printed on and they are holding up really well so far.

The next thing I want to get is some wheels for the buckets.
Old 02-03-2024, 06:42 PM   #2936
XB GS 351 Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Mine is printed on and they are holding up really well so far.

The next thing I want to get is some wheels for the buckets.
Cool thanks for the feed back, wheels are no good to me, where I wash my cars its a slope and the buckets would just escape.

XB Falcon Owners Group

Mike's Man Cave

Old 02-03-2024, 07:50 PM   #2937
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
I was really considering the Grid Guards to put in the bottom. I was looking at round buckets.

I am considering the plain old 20 Litre Bunning Pail Bucket. $8 each.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bunnings...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I could get a Repco or SCA one as well I guess to have different colours.

Can't believe I am putting this much thought into buckets....

EDIT : Just checked the Recpco web site and they sell the grid guards for pail buckets for $10 each. I think I might go that way. Bunnings bucket, Repco Bucket and two grid guards. Use my old bucket for wheels. All up less that $40.
Could be worse............................

I'm terrified to add up what all that cost me. The red and blue bucket dollies I had to import from the USA because no one in Australia stocks them.........other than black. My buckets were from Waxit, they are 15-litre but if/when I do it again, I'll go with 20-litre. I would also stick with the standard grit guard's, or the Bowdens ones. The dirt-lock ones are rubbish.

These are my recommendations, I'll link you to websites so you see what I mean, but quite often Repco/Bunning's ect will have these in generic forms. All of the below were pieced together over a couple of years from various vendors.

Buckets -

15 or 20-litre, I would go with the later. I also like them in white so you can see any contamination left in the bucket and wash the properly before next use.

Depending on how you wash, you will need two or three buckets. One for wheels (which I have in red), one or two for washing (I don't use the two-bucket-method, so I only use one in blue).

https://carcareco.com.au/product/buc...id-included-2/

Grit Guard -

There are plenty of variations on a theme here. As mentioned earlier, I didn't care for the fancy Dirt-lock versions. The classic Grit Guard or the Bowden's version are the way to go. One for each bucket, colour coded to use.

https://carcareco.com.au/product/gri...d-insert-26cm/
https://www.bowdensown.com.au/the-great-barrier-thingy

Gamma Seal -

I'll be honest in saying these were originally for looks alone, however having the airtight seal on them keeps the inside of the bucket clean between use. Ideally, you want buckets that will accept the Gamma Seal ring, the above linked buckets do. My buckets were not designed for Gamma Seals, but they do fit. Again, colour coded for use.

https://carcareco.com.au/product/gam...rious-colours/

Bucket Dollies -

This is essential in my opinion, they make the whole wash process easier and more convenient. No lifting heavy buckets around the car, just roll them. They also permit seated wheel cleaning, you can scoot from wheel to wheel without getting up.

Because I wanted colour matching dollies, I had to order the Grit Guard versions from the USA, don't ask me how much they cost to get here, I don't even want to know myself. Most local vendors only sell the black version with smaller casters. Detailing Shed also sell a few different versions with added storage holders.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/produ...l&_ss=e&_v=1.0

https://carcareco.com.au/product/pro...et-dolly-copy/
https://autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-...iABEgI8k_D_BwE

https://detailingshed.com.au/product...gn=sag_organic

Non-matching -

Matching, I felt so much better......................

Small vs Large casters -

I also put the OG decals on in matching colours.

So, yeah, I think you are all good on the overthinking of buckets. Me? Yeah, deranged.

In defense, the buckets form a big part of detailing, so getting them "right" makes perfect sense to me.
Mustang GT

Old 02-03-2024, 07:52 PM   #2938
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Just came across this, that is NOT how you do it, very bad and dangerous the way the concreting is done. I would not want to put a car on that.

The new concrete needs to be tied to the old concrete with starter bars drilled and anchored into the existing slab.

Apart from that it looks pretty cool.
My old man is (was) in large scale construction, concrete in particular. I would probably have the slab poured to accommodate the lift.
Mustang GT

Old 02-03-2024, 09:43 PM   #2939
CyberWasp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also if you look around the Net at Print On Demand Sites you could probably make your own graphics / stickers for your plain white buckets to customise to what ever you want on them.
CyberWasp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2024, 10:15 PM   #2940
prydey
Rob

Quote:
The owner wasn't in to cleaning door jambs etc. A bug bear of mine, so will need a bit of love in those areas.
Spent the afternoon rectifying this as best I could...

Only took before and after pics of the top of the tailgate are

Everything cleaned up pretty well.

I mixed up some carpro Ech20 at 1:15 and it worked a treat. Another quality versatile product from carpro.

Yes, I know I didn't clean up the rubber bits... Next time. It's taking a few washes to get it closer to my standard, which isn't high compared to most on here.