Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 31-08-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Smile One Day

Have been doing a bit of looking at life lately .must be old age setting in : having been on a V8 hot lap with Brighty and messed around with the V8 experiance . and a few quick passes down the 1/4 in various machines I think I would love to have ago at this before I kick the bucket ..not cheap but looks like a hell of a lot of fun :
any one been for a shot at it or think they would like to ?
http://www.totalexperience.com.au/br...FQE_egodiDSLQA

........Age and treachery will ALWAYS overcome youth and skill.......

CORTINA 250 2V POWER soon to be AUXR8 Windsor pwrd

.............WINDSOR WARLORD WHO CARRIES THE CLEVO MAFIA AND BROKEN BOSSES...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksta
Quote of the weekend: "The quarter mile wasn't as long as I expected it to be".
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 05:41 PM   #2
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I looked at a similar thing down here to get my dad for fathers day, when I found out the price though I think he's just going to get a buffer and drum of tyre shine.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-08-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
Ford_V8

Do it. I guarantee that you won't regret it at all! Not sure how old you are but guessing middle age, make the most of your life while you are still young enough to. There's no point dying with money in the bank now is there :P?. I have been wanting to do that for a while, but due to money constraints have never been able to, only 17 though so plenty of years ahead.
Ford_V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 01:24 AM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

go for it Whoosha, it would be the ultimate speed rush i reckon, a while ago i was threatening to go sky diving ;), that would also be a rush, sadly pension funds wont permit :(, dont forget we need pics:.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #5
Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
go for it Whoosha, it would be the ultimate speed rush i reckon, a while ago i was threatening to go sky diving ;), that would also be a rush, sadly pension funds wont permit :(, dont forget we need pics:.
I was given a skydive for my bday last year and i loved it. I would love to be able to go on my own, but we'll have to wait and see how funds permit in the years to come.

A couple of years ago I went up in an action aerobatics plane as well, which was awsome, and when I was there i noticed that they were advertising for a new jet they were trying to get a hold of, and I thought at the time, that would have to be the best feeling in the world. Its another thing on my to-do list before i get old.
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
Lynch'd

Do it mate! We got my old man one of these for his 60th. Couldn't wipe the grin off his face for a week afterwards even if he was a little pale when he got out of the jet. If you want any more details about it all drop me a PM.

Oh and I think the actual company name is Oz Jet Adventures. They use a whole heap of companies to promote it like the site you listed and Red Balloon Days, etc but we found it easier to deal with them direct.
Lynch'd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I looked at those for a mate's bucks show, but the price put me off. He's not worth that much, even to all of us mates combined!
Would be a great rush though!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
jcxr
Tribal Elder

Whoosha ya silly old goat, you must have more money than sense or else the pension pays more than I thought. lol. Put me down on your will, You'll crap yourself, and cark it. Then again, most likely not that much more adrenalin rush than Kev's ute.
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
Whoosha
AU DIE HARD
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the things you do behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcxr
Whoosha ya silly old goat, you must have more money than sense or else the pension pays more than I thought. lol. Put me down on your will, You'll crap yourself, and cark it. Then again, most likely not that much more adrenalin rush than Kev's ute.
Funny you should say that 3 other "MATES" called me the same thing : ... How it came about was I did a run to Newcastle and spent over 2 hours at Williamtown airport waiting for the flight home. they share the base with the RAAF , they had the FA18s and what not training up there, and that got me thinking what a rush that would be... : ,, then I checked out what was around. your rite the price is out there and I probably would cark it mid flight . but what a way to go :
Whoosha is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
ayeyew
Teh Baest

Bloody crazy

I have enough trouble flying in commercial airliners...

Coming..CMS Stg2A Cam, 68mm TB
Later.. 4.5L w/ BOOOOOOOOOOST or XR6T or AUIII XR8 220

Currently:
151kW (165 on other dynos )
ayeyew is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #11
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
and I probably would cark it mid flight . but what a way to go :
If you gotta go might as well be with a smile! Would love to do this and is one of those, "Tick off the list" experience's ..... nothing worse than having old age 'set' in and regretting the chance to do it ...... 'If only ..... '

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-09-2008, 09:01 PM   #12
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha
How it came about was I did a run to Newcastle and spent over 2 hours at Williamtown airport waiting for the flight home. they share the base with the RAAF , they had the FA18s and what not training up there, and that got me thinking what a rush that would be... : ,, then I checked out what was around. your rite the price is out there and I probably would cark it mid flight . but what a way to go :

Luckily enough this is where I used to work (RAAF at Williamtown) and I was fortunate enough to get up in a couple of the training jets. The Macchi and what they have now the Hawk (I used to work on them both).

And after experiencing the flights, the loops, the barrell rolls, almost, but not quite breaking the sound barrier all can say is it's something you will never forget. If you can afford to do it, do it.

The couple of flights I did were a bit over an hour long and I must say you are completly stuffed afterwards. You wouldn't really think you would be just sitting there and being thrown around a bit, but believe me it takes it out of you.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:41 PM   #13
kempster1

Go do the diving...

http://www.totalexperience.com.au/br...categoryid=220
kempster1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-09-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
schultzie
Just Images

Doo it woosha... i recon you would love it, and age shouldn't matter... after seeing your toys i don't think it is silly at all :P
Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #15
dave351cid
playing in my big shed

http://www.warbirdflights.net/pricing.htm

2 years ago after i sold my busness i shouted myself a ride with these guys. they had a plane operating out of the redcliff airfield near brisbane and we spent most of the time over Bribie island.
i did the 30 minute full aerobatic flight.
we did a series of loops,rolls, backflips, etc over some great senery.

everyone thought i was a bit crazy because this was the first time i had ever ridden in a plane exept for a short helicopter flight over canberra several years ago.

i enjoyed every minute and would love to go again.
felt fine in the plane, no air sickness or anything, landed, got in the ute and drove into town to get lunch, stepped out of the ute and nearly fell over ..lol. had to sit down for bit .

always wanted to have a ride in a f18 or simillar.
`04 BA XR6 Turbo sedan. Blueprint. auto, Leather trim.
`03 BA XLS ute . Acid Rush, factory lpg, auto,
`48 TEA20 Grey Ferguson,
`62 Willys 6-230 , 4x4 light truck
`04 Yamaha TTR 250

Last edited by dave351cid; 04-09-2008 at 11:23 PM.
dave351cid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #16
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

I did a 1 off lesson many years ago and that was only in a 2 seat Cessna,that was amazing! Try leaning on a door with less substance than car door and looking down 1000ft.. you could always try something like that with a local flight school and see how it takes you.. would be a lot cheaper and if it gets the motor running you can get out on the highway so to speak.. "I'd get Whoosha to do it!"
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post