Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 15-09-2020, 12:44 PM   #1
Yorkie18
Starter Motor

Default 2008 2.0ltr petrol - MAF

hi all, can anyone tell me where the MAF is on these cars?.

car runs fine initially then after 15mins starts to bog down when pressing the accelerator, wont rev in gear past about 3500rpm but engine does not stall, in neutral it will rev freely. cleaning the MAF was one idea I had, airfilter is new and full tank of 95.

TIA
Yorkie18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #2
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 
Default Re: 2008 2.0ltr petrol - MAF

If it is an LT Focus (rather than LV) then only the 2.0L Diesel uses a MAF.

The workshop manual for that model is in the Tech Portal and can be found HERE

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2020, 03:09 PM   #3
Yorkie18
Starter Motor

Thanks for that, finding the tech section pretty useful. couple of sections get error pages fyi.
Seems its the coils so have a set on order and will see how we go.
Old 17-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

If you let me know what pages have errors I can fix them.

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-09-2020, 05:34 PM   #5
Yorkie18
Starter Motor

So is there an easy way to remove the MAP sensor, not sure my hands are small enough to fit down there.
Old 29-09-2020, 10:36 PM   #6
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yorkie, I reckon it's your IMRC solenoid. This is a common fault with the LT. Fault code 2008. Same symptoms you're describing when mine had an issue. It's a cheap part new, from a dealer, around $85 [Ford part number: F0 4M5G 9J559 NB] and from Ebay around $35. I think the Ebay versions are newer designs too.

Simple to change over too. Made a world of difference to my Focus once changed.

It's dead centre in this pic. The blue plug runs into one side of it.

Old 30-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #7
Yorkie18
Starter Motor

thanks leaky but no good, swapped with a known good one from wreckers no difference and not getting your code.
i am getting errors P1131 (kinchrome code reader) and P0171 (torque pro).
have checked for vacuum leaks with the brake cleaner spray trick but nothing detected.
have changed coils, plugs, oil and coolant since purchase and this issue seems to be getting worse, cars runs fine for a bit then starts to run rough and not rev properly.
not sure what other home remedies i can do, may have to take into a local mechanic but wont be until next week.
Old 30-09-2020, 06:43 PM   #8
leakey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie18 View Post
thanks leaky but no good, swapped with a known good one from wreckers no difference and not getting your code.
i am getting errors P1131 (kinchrome code reader) and P0171 (torque pro).
have checked for vacuum leaks with the brake cleaner spray trick but nothing detected.
have changed coils, plugs, oil and coolant since purchase and this issue seems to be getting worse, cars runs fine for a bit then starts to run rough and not rev properly.
not sure what other home remedies i can do, may have to take into a local mechanic but wont be until next week.
Bugger. Are you hearing a rattle sound near the inlet manifold? You can get an air leak from the square rod that runs through it, holding the butterfly flaps, which get crazy worn out in some cars, and never seem to wear in others.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:09 PM   #9
Yorkie18
Starter Motor

Cleaned the map sensor today, previous codes have now gone and only have P1131, ordered a O2 sensor and will try that.
This car had sat for about 18months prior, I am wondering if the fuel tank had any crap in it as know there is only in tank pump and screen, may have to pull that out...