Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Old 04-05-2006, 01:23 AM   #1
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Default Paging Teki04

You've been dropping hints in the Focus forum. Why don't you come back here & tell us what's gone wrong. :

Old 04-05-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Oh - Simon brought this to my attention.

Well, Renault for one. Their service is utter crap. I knew that they were bad (from another forum), but have found this out for myself.

First time it went in for a warranty repair (Wheel alignment), I left the car with them for 3 hours, even though the job was for 1.5hours. Anyway, when I got back, they hadn't done anything! So, they took me to work IN MY CAR. Wasn't pleased. Then, when they handed me the car, it had 14.9L/100kms on the dash. WHAT?! I have NEVER EVER EVER seen the Clio drink more then 12L/100kms (when new). I gave it to them with 9.1L/100kms. Obviously went for a joy ride.

Anyway - today the car went in for a Warranty repair (fix a grab handle - and figure out why it is hard to start some days). At 3:30pm I get a call. Car will have to stay there overnight. Now, No details about what is wrong or when it will be fixed. So, as such... I've paid $34,500 for a car, and 1 month later I'm left without it!

Having a big fight with them tomorrow - Should be getting a demo or loan car tomorrow. I can't exactly work without a car (Real Estate... No car = no leasing = no pay!)

So yes - Not happy with their SERVICE. Dealer is Rick Damelian

When my Fiesta's water pump broke... Ford diagnosed the problem (wasn't that hard) within a few hours. Got a call at 2pm, telling me the part was on order, and would arrive the following day at midday... with the Fiesta ready by 5pm. It was ready earlier - at 3pm! Jubilee Ford... Kind of miss their service!

Anyway - Just hope the car is ready tomorrow. I have a massive Drive this weekend, and I will NOT be pleased if the car isn't ready!

*OH, and I have a friend whose RenaultSport Clio 182 Cup was gone for 5 days for an exhaust, 32 days for a gearbox... and has been gone now for 42 days whilst the gearbox is being fixed AGAIN. I think he cains it a lot... but still.

Cars are usually cheap, fast or reliable. A shame you can only ever pic two! I just happened to get Fast and cheap (for the performance you get!)

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Teki04 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-05-2006, 02:15 AM   #3
kiwijohn42
Death B4 Decaf

Sorry to hear that. That is totally crap service from anyone you gave a stack of money. I know there are good & bad dealers whatever the brand. Hope it's all good by the weekend. I'd love to come on that euro cruise, but Tassie is just a bit far away.
Good luck mate . KJ
Old 04-05-2006, 11:51 PM   #4
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Well John - I was given a Renault Clio 1.6L till my car is fixed. She was about to give me a Honda CRV (new one) this afternoon... but the car should be ready tomorrow. So, not really fussed.

It was a faulty TDC sensor. Can't wait to get it back!

'In fact, so good is the Clio 182 with the Cup chassis set-up that I feel moved to make a bold statement - I think it's the best hot hatch ever built.' (EVO Jan 04)
Old 05-05-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

haha teki has this TDC sensor got anythign to do with trip computer?

did you have a winge that they must of taken it for a joy ride... A new TDC sensor probably entails taking the car for a drive but sticking it in 5th gear for 20 minutes to get the L per 100km down again LOL
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2006, 12:12 PM   #6
Teki04
Clio 182 CUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch_lx
haha teki has this TDC sensor got anythign to do with trip computer?

did you have a winge that they must of taken it for a joy ride... A new TDC sensor probably entails taking the car for a drive but sticking it in 5th gear for 20 minutes to get the L per 100km down again LOL
Nope - it has to do with throttle etc control.... i think. But yea, won't be happy if my car has been driven. Everything was written down before I picked it up....