Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
Andrej1
Starter Motor

Default Ford Falcon BA XT ICC Problem

Yesterday i pulled out my ICC to get the DVD Player out and when i put it in back as it was i have a problem that the Screen is not turning on, some of the lights are on all the time like Oil Light, Petrol Light etc. and the RPM and Speed Arrow doesn't move, driving on blind speed...

How to fix this, HELP PLEASE!

Andrej1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2014, 10:40 PM   #2
sideshow10

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA XT ICC Problem

I think u need to make sure the connectors on back which sit in the dash sit properly before u push the icc back in

is it all the way back in
sideshow10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

remove ICC - pull white connector at rear towards you then refit ICC - if you dont reset like this,the connector usually won't engage properly when refitting ICC and you loose can bus or other circuits

dont tip ICC past 90 degrees as it can damage cd player

Last edited by 11ford11; 10-10-2014 at 11:45 PM.
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-10-2014, 06:54 PM   #4
sideshow10

hey 11ford11
ive heard not to tip the icc to far over
must be true
sideshow10 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-10-2014, 11:24 PM   #5
auMatt
ORSM Ford Cruisers

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Matt's valued contributions in the technical area associated with AU/BA/BF & Terri instrument clusters & ICC's is considered the authoritative guide to work by members in this are of expertise. His contributions stand alone in the forum in this technical  

It will be the connector at the back not being reset before re installing. I have actually tested the upside theory. It will not affect a single disc ICC. I have a video of the ICC running whilst I tip the ICC in all directions. 6 disc stacker will be slightly different due to the Multi discs.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Contact me for all your Cluster Programming/Repairs & Window switch/ICC colour change for BA/BF/FG Falcons & Territory. Visit my SITE for info.

I Use and Recommend :
Ferntree Gully Auto Salvage
AutoWorks - Keilor
RIP Craig
RIP Samantha
auMatt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 27-12-2019, 06:08 PM   #6
potsyfromparkes

When you pull the ICC out make sure you reset the connector block on the firewall with a pair of pliers by grabbing hold of the connector and pulling towards you. You will hear it click in. If you still have problems you can guarantee that the only sure fix is to break the plastic around the firewall connector and pull it out as far as it will go. It will stretch a little bit. Thread a cable tie through each end of the connector block on the back of the ICC so you can get at them and then guide the ICC back in and reach over the back connect the electrical connector you removed from the firewall and do up the cable ties and then push the ICC back in fully and fasten with the screws. This a is guaranteed fix. I started having problems originally because my right front audio speaker was dropping in and out; I put up with that for 1.5 years before I had finally had enough.
potsyfromparkes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post