Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > Perth Falcons

Old 24-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #31
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

Just purchased a 09 FG XR6 in Nitro from Lane Ford in Mandurah, took me about an hour and abit to get there but couldnt be happier with the service from these guys. A1!

Did me a great deal on the XR6... Like i said 09 model in Nitro, colour LCD with reverse cameras & sensors, bluetooth & ipod connection, only 13,000kms $27,990 and less for $4,000 trade-in on my old P.O.S. Would definitley make the trip again.
Old 24-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #32
Biggav
On the search for cubes..

great to hear another good story come out of lane ford seems to me they went the mile to help out.

what plans you got for it?

Current Projects
ED SOHC 3v 5.4 Cammed 5.4 3V Garage Ornament Project
Project Brimstone XE Wagon Phase 6 powered by Coyote

Long Gone Projects
EA Falcon SOHC 4.0 237rwhp
BA 3V 'The Taxi' DJR320 Kit, G6ET Wheels, Lunati Voodoo Cams 320rwhp
Biggav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:42 PM   #33
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

Default Re: Good Perth ford dealers (services)

i had a XR6 BA MK2 which i brough new from Wangara ford and go them to service it from new. they started off great but slowly got worst.
beening and old Ford mechanic (did my apprentiship at Backshall ford in Freo before it closed) i knew some of the tricks of what gets done and what doesnt on services
eg not flushing brake fuild correctly, just sucking out and not actually flushing through system
this happened to me after they were supposed to flush my brake fluid
also leaving my oil fill cap off after service (just lucky i check these things)
spilling oil all down my extractors
my washers wernt working but i didnt say anything as i know they should check on service...was told after service everything was fine ...checked car and guess what washers not working. walked back inside, long story short they said that they checked them and they worked i laughed and said no they didn't
they took car in workshop few mins later come out saying all good it just has a air bubble in it (bull i said but left it) next day washers not working again...pulled out washer motor myself and found the plastic filter full of algae, they didnt do ****
i has 19" mags on my ute and told them no rattle guns, come back from service and were scratched to **** where they had been using rattle gun, has a big argument with them about it in which they kept saying the marks were already there (which they werent) , in the end they never even botherd to fix it just give me a free rotaote and balance WTF
took me a year to get them to replace my 5 speed gearbox because of noisey input shaft bearing, which was noisey from new
had knocking noises from rear, they kept saying it was the brake pads moving and all the did was put grease yes grease on were the pad sits against the caliper, in turn the grease melted onto my discs and pads.
the noise was coming from my diff in the end which i had told them from the start

never going back there

i have a new FG XR8 (with 98km) coming from Torque Ford in QLD (got it for over $4k cheaper than here in Perth even with transport, pits and stamp duty) just need to find someone North of the river to take it to for warranty work and servicing as i'm to lazy to do it haha
comagutsa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:17 PM   #34
GazzF6
Perth WA
Donating Member1

Well I have been to most Dealerships over the years and had similar levels of dissapointment with regard to repairs and the state the car was returned in!

For the last two years I have taken my cars to Blackmac Performance in Morley, it's owned by The Ford Delaer 100 yards away so no issues with warranty. Matt is the head mechanic, does a great job, looks after the cars, work is always done well and the cars have never been scratched or marked!

I would suggest you take a look for yourself, I will not take my car to any other Ford service center, price wise they are just a little bit higher maybe... But for peace of mind and quality of work you cant go past them. You need to make sure you book the vehicle in a couple of weeks beforehand, due to work flow.

They can do all the Performance Upgrades also if you so wish down the track, but also any factory logbook service/Warranty work.

Link > http://www.blackmac.com.au/

2016 Jaguar XE Black Pack R-Sport

Last edited by GazzF6; 10-04-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Typo
GazzF6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #35
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

cheers mate
i will have a look for sure
Old 07-06-2011, 06:51 PM   #36
THE CADBURY KID

Haha good ford dealers in perth...
Any dealership will rape your wallet and leave you with a **** taste in your mouth
THE CADBURY KID is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-09-2011, 08:01 AM   #37
byrnecut
Starter Motor

Terry Green in canngington w.a but it takes awhile to get in unless unrgent
ps sorry about spelling mistakes
byrnecut is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 PM   #38
masda74

I am assuming that everyone takes their cars to the dealerships due to their warranty.
Otherwise I would suggest either XFT(maidavale) or MT(malaga) to get your car serviced the right way!

Edited because I just realised that I just revived an old thread.
Ouch.
masda74 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #39
comagutsa
Pethy FG XR8 Ute

haha old thread

the only right way in my book is to do the job myself
now fitted with Koya Inox R1's, the rears are 20x10 with a 40mm offset and the fronts are 20x8.5 with a 35mm offset

total of 285.5 rwkw and 642nm
when Herrod cams in 290rwkw

GSXR 750K7 with goodies, dyno'd 136rwhp,
10.567sec for the strip
This user likes this post: