Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 17-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
Curly
SOLD: 2006 LS Focus LX

Default Focus LS 15,000km Service Cost

Can anybody tell me how much this service should cost? Thanks

Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
BlackLS

Its just a oil and filter change, top up other fluids and check brake pad and rotor thickness.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Matt RS2000

At a dealership that should be about $900!!!
hahaha
Matt RS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 09:25 PM   #4
twistedfirey
Starter Motor

I think mine cost around $215...
twistedfirey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #5
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

mine was $260 which included new wiper rubbers

Then I also get an intermediate oil change which is only $120
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 02:43 AM   #6
Stugots
2006 Focus LX Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt RS2000
At a dealership that should be about $900!!!
hahaha
Oh christ, seriously? :

How about a dedicated service centre like City Ford has. Same thing?
Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
Matt RS2000

I was only joking......

Cheaper than a Subaru service is for sure!!!
Matt RS2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 08:09 PM   #8
kjau99
Starter Motor

Mine cost $280 back in April of this year.
kjau99 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2007, 10:57 PM   #9
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Should cost between $200 to $260 depending on the Dealer is my guess, from experience at various dealerships. Just ask the question, they should be only too happy to give you an idea.
Old 26-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #10
kuans

Mine cost $313
includes the following extras: engine oil flush, wheel rotation, balancing and alignment.
(i requested for the extras)
kuans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 09:26 PM   #11
twistedfirey
Starter Motor

Just had the 45000 service done from ford for $189 and they told me to expect the 60000 k to be $400 ish...sure beats the ducati I used to own which cost $800 every 10000 kay service.
twistedfirey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2007, 10:30 PM   #12
Bucket
XR5 Pilot

150.00 for mine
Old 27-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #13
20focus05
I wanna XR5

my 45k cost bit under $60. lucky I'm a mechanic. But at ford it should be around $230 other mechanics it could start from $130ish for a minor
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 11:26 AM   #14
BrisVegas
Noobie

Denmac Ford at Darra just quoted me $340 for the 15,000km service! Ripoff artists...

I'd take it somewhere cheaper but I want them to look into my back brakes under warranty while it's in there.
LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #15
BrisVegas
Noobie

update. cancelled the service at Denmac and am going to Ultra tune. Same service $160 and will possibly go a bit lower than that still, as I should get preferred pricing through Novalease. Interestingly I rang Q Ford at browns Plains and they're standard price was $315, so Denmac is gouging even compared to other ford Dealers!
Old 01-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #16
BrisVegas
Noobie

had the 15,000km service at ultra tune yesterday. no dramas at all, cost $152 including rotating the tyres. Couldn't be happier.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 PM   #17
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Well thats always good to hear.

Ultratune are great in that respect. they are good at what they do and they dont get the apprentices to change the oil ( well at least not the retarded ones)

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 02:00 PM   #18
Lickjimmy1
Starter Motor

I have the CV joint problem ( clanky noise from my front right tyre ).. There has been alot of talk about this on this site.. I have not taken it back Ford as yet, but I am worried that if I take it to Ultra Tune ( to save money ) it may be more of a hassle to get a warranty claim????

It shouldnt be a problem should it?
Lickjimmy1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #19
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Just take it in to Ford and ask them just to fix the problem, not to service it. That way you get the problem fixed under warranty, but you can still get it serviced at Ultratune for the cheaper cost.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2008, 04:32 PM   #20
BlackLS
yum

So long as Ultra-tune or whoever your mechanic may be use replacement Ford parts then there shouldn't be any problems with warranty. Extended warranty may be a different matter.

BlackLS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #21
Lickjimmy1
Starter Motor

Cheers guys.. i think I will get the service done at Ultra Tune and then take it into Ford and get them to fix it....

Appreciate the advice....
Old 15-05-2008, 01:14 PM   #22
64ORD
1964 Thunderbird

We had our 15K service done at Athena Automatics a Repco Service Centre in Tingalpa, Brisbane. I had already changed the oil and filter myself (I use Castrol Edge which was $20 off at Super Cheap $29.90 + Filter from Ford $15). The logbook service only cost $83.50 On my request they also went over the whole underside of the car and checked all the suspension and body bolts were tight. At the time our car had the clicking right front axle I had them try and diagnose and report on the problem before I took it to Ford. After the service I took it straight to BBF and booked it in for the warranty claim. They replaced the whole CV Axle assembly. BBF had quoted me nearly $300 for that service
64ORD is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 11:40 AM   #23
Lickjimmy1
Starter Motor

I got quoted 160 - 170...

Then on picking up my car, the total service was $205... i wasnt happy, despite my arguing I had to pay... Nothing extra was done, no rotation of tyres or anything...

I left one very dissatisfied customer...
Old 19-05-2008, 06:12 PM   #24
Rezab

I recently bought a used Focus LS LX 2005, it had 49575 km on it at that time and 45000 km service had been done before my purchase.
I have it for about 3 weeks and now it has about 50000 km.
The other day I noticed a scream like sound when I push the brake mostly after 20Km driving, not always but when it starts then continues (every time I push the brake after start). Obviously it's related to brakes or brake pads.
But also there is a vooooo sound (I guess from the rear of the car) that starts after 20-30 Km driving but not always and sometimes stops sometimes continues and goes higher. This one I'm not sure about its cause!
Then I booked a service time by Denmac Ford - (Indooroopilly) cause I'm in Auchenflower and this is the nearest ford dealer base on ford web site.
I'm not sure this problems (and some other minor problems) are covered by warranty (the car has 4 month yet) or not so would you guys advise me in this regard? Also how much it will be cost approximately? Actually I'm a visitor here at Australia and I can't believe that you have to pay 300$ or something like that just for simple service like 15000km service!

In addition to those weird sounds, here is the problems (or may be they are usual and I don't know) that I apreciate if you take a look and let me know what you think:
1- it doesn't start (ignite) smoothly, I have to hold the ignition key in position for 2-3 seconds.
2- according to trip computer it consumes 11 liter per 100km! isn't it too much?!
3- rear driving light doesn't work.

And finally, I need to replace the rear tyres (one potenza ,one goodyear! yes the last owner mixed them) the front tyres are Turanza ER300, what do you suggest?
1-buying same as front tyre and use them on front and put fronts to rear? (expensive)
2-Buying cheaper tyres and useing them at rear?

long post! I know, sorry and thank you for your time and advise.
Rezab is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #25
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezab
1- it doesn't start (ignite) smoothly, I have to hold the ignition key in position for 2-3 seconds.
2- according to trip computer it consumes 11 liter per 100km! isn't it too much?!
3- rear driving light doesn't work.

And finally, I need to replace the rear tyres (one potenza ,one goodyear! yes the last owner mixed them) the front tyres are Turanza ER300, what do you suggest?
1-buying same as front tyre and use them on front and put fronts to rear? (expensive)
2-Buying cheaper tyres and useing them at rear?
1. No surprise it doesn't start up smoothly. Not many cars do unless they've recently been switched off. Starting cold, I think every car I've ever driven/been in has taken a few seconds to turn on, but if the car is still slightly warm from the previous drive, it starts up pretty well immediately.
2. Don't take too much notice of the trip computer. Not always that accurate. If you're really worried about it, disconnect the negative battery lead for about 30mins (to reset the ECU), the reconnect it. (By the way, if you do this, you will need to contact Ford to get the security code for the radio. It locks itself after the battery has been disconnected for more than 5mins).
3. Replace the fuse.

Tyres -
I would recommend replacing all the tyres at the same time. If the fronts still look like they are in good nick, you could probably get some money for them selling them privately.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-05-2008, 01:28 AM   #26
Rezab

edgecrusher89, thanks for your reply and useful tips.
What do you think about the first part of my post?

cheers

p.s.
may be it's better to post in a new thread cause it seems no one else read this one! (-:
Old 21-05-2008, 06:52 PM   #27
Rezab

Thanks guys for visiting,

After all I brought the car to Denmac ford. There were very nice and helpful. Unfortunately during the test drive the weird VOOO... sound didn't show up! so I couldn't actually show that gentleman technician what I mean about the sound.

Any way I left the car there at 9am, and 4pm they called me. Nice lady completely explained to me what they did about the car and asked me to go there for pickup that can be done until midnight (cause these guys are open every weekday until midnight!).

They had diagnosed the car including brakes (front and rear) and also system computer (I don't know what is the correct name!), and replaced the rear light's bulb.

so:
1- About the squeal sound from the rear that usually happen after 10-20 Km, they couldn't find out the reason simply cause they couldn't reproduce it (as they can't test drive a car for 20-30 km) they recommended me that when ever I found the sound during driving here around bring the car to check.

2- About the front brakes sound, they said that it is normal and it's because of the nature friendly pad this car has. has been recommended to avoid light braking.

3- The light has been replaced and is all ok.

4- About the fuel consumption they said I can use 95 octane or higher that actually I just used unleaded without noticing the octane. They said 11 lit/100Km is normal.

Oh! and they didn't charge me anything! to be honest after all stories I had read here about ford dealers I was prepared to pay $200 for all diagnostics and there wasn't any! So right now I'm totally a satisfied customer and sure I will try them again. I wish next time (if the bloody squeal shows up again!) I'l be satisfy like this again! (-:

and about the tyres I like edgecrusher89 suggestion and will change all 4 tyres.
So I'll be happy if any one has a recommendation about what tyre? also could anybody tell me what is the original Focus tyres?

Thanks,

Reza

Last edited by Rezab; 21-05-2008 at 06:58 PM.