Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 26-06-2023, 12:08 PM   #31
xkxlxm
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Russian Coup Attempt?

Western media promotes falsehoods most of the time and most of the time they get away with it.

The US insurrection got a lot closer to the seat of power than Prog-whatever-his-name-is.
xkxlxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-06-2023, 02:15 PM   #32
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkxlxm View Post
Western media promotes falsehoods most of the time and most of the time they get away with it.

The US insurrection got a lot closer to the seat of power than Prog-whatever-his-name-is.
RT news is my “go to” for independent quality news. Lol.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2023, 05:55 PM   #33
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Anything to divert attention away from the Biden/FBI/DoJ scandals.

Balloon flights anyone?
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2023, 07:29 AM   #34
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

PLEASE READ:

Guys and Gals, this is not Facebook, it is AFF and we have standards.

Posts get deleted not necessarily for the actual argument or insult etc, it is because other members don't log on here to waste time reading two members having a go at each other. Well, maybe some do but most certainly don't.

I would normally just warn everyone that the thread will be closed. That is obviously not working. From now on, I'm just going to have you removed from this area of the forum.

It seems that when I do post something in these type of threads the thread goes cold. When I post something like this post, that is the last thing I want to happen.

To conclude...

Come on everyone, most of you are long term members and/or very good contributors to AFF in other areas of the forum, so let's all remain adults.

As I have said numerous times now, if you are smashing keys into the keyboard, take a deep breath, delete what you have typed and start again.

Lastly, everyone please play nice.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 28-06-2023, 10:44 PM   #35
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG2 View Post
PLEASE READ:

Posts get deleted not necessarily for the actual argument or insult etc, it is because other members don't log on here to waste time reading two members having a go at each other. Well, maybe some do but most certainly don't.

I would normally just warn everyone that the thread will be closed. That is obviously not working. From now on, I'm just going to have you removed from this area of the forum.

It seems that when I do post something in these type of threads the thread goes cold. When I post something like this post, that is the last thing I want to happen.

To conclude...

Come on everyone, most of you are long term members and/or very good contributors to AFF in other areas of the forum, so let's all remain adults.

As I have said numerous times now, if you are smashing keys into the keyboard, take a deep breath, delete what you have typed and start again.

And post 24 is ok?

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2023, 10:50 PM   #36
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
And post 24 is ok?
Not paying attention are we? Post 24 was 3 days ago PG2's post from today clearly states
Quote:
Old 28-06-2023, 11:13 PM   #37
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
PLEASE READ:

To conclude...

If you want to avoid controversy then sex, religion and politics must be avoided. This thread falls into the politics category which is NEVER civil nor complies with this forum's rules.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-06-2023, 11:29 PM   #38
PG2
#neuteredlyfe
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
If you want to avoid controversy then sex, religion and politics must be avoided. This thread falls into the politics category which is NEVER civil nor complies with this forum's rules.
Agreed, however, moderators and admin will always try and allow AFF members to set the tone of the threads.

Many members wanted to be able discuss these sort of topics so we have allowed for topics to be discussed that have previously not been allowed.

Believe it or not, and many may not believe it due to my moderation style, but AFF wants to see good debate and discussion. What we don't want to see is name calling and/or general abuse of another member.

One more thing to keep in mind with these type of threads, yes, you may feel passionate about a topic but other members don't want to read a thread with 90% of the posts from one person arguing with everyone else. Essentially, post what you think, allow others to discuss it even if they don't agree with you and answer if you feel something needs clarification or added to.

Most people on here can discuss something like a human being, but the admin and moderation team seem to be deleting posts from the same people over and over.

Essentially what we are saying is that if you can't discuss something in a civilised manner within this area of the forum, we are no longer to going penalise everyone for one or two member's behaviour by closing the thread each and every time.

Last edited by PG2; 28-06-2023 at 11:38 PM.
PG2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post: