Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-04-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
gust98

Default vct ute transplant

hi guys just fitted a vct engine into the ute today hope to have it ready to start this weekend just wanting some information on what problems i might encounter im old school and don't really get this fuel injection stuff i have the vct ecu will i need anything else the donor car is a series 3 xr6 auto the ute is also a series 3 auto will smart lock give me any problems when swapping the ecu i hope all goes smooth but i like to know what problems if any from people who may have been through it before

gust98 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #2
NC1183
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not entirely sure but i think you will have BCM/ECU issues, as in your BCM won't talk to the new VCT ECU. Ford can programme them together

2005 FPV BF Super Pursuit

The new toy (now sold)
The SP

The old ute (sold)
www.aufalcon.com/nc1183

Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6T
If you look closely you can see the remains of a Hyundai excel that’s been sucked into the intake.
about the pic of 'CHOP YA' F6
NC1183 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-04-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
dreadly
Banned

Why the swap? i prefer the hp over the vct, alot more can be done mod wise with the hp.... You should have done a rebuilt on your standard I6, heads, cam, intake, etc
But i hope it all works out and everything goes smoothly ;)
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 PM   #4
gust98

well i started it today without changing the ecu it donsnt want to ilde runs like a bag of black smoke like its getting to much fuel changed the ecu and nothing would not even crank tried at the stater relay it cranked but wouldn't fire so i guess i got a bit more home work if i change the ecu bcm and ignition do you think that might work so come on guys give me some answers
dreadly i smashed the xr6 and thats what motor was in it and the ute needed more go and i like the rocker cover
Old 08-04-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
JC
Miami Pilot
Donating Member2

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gust98
well i started it today without changing the ecu it donsnt want to ilde runs like a bag of black smoke like its getting to much fuel changed the ecu and nothing would not even crank tried at the stater relay it cranked but wouldn't fire so i guess i got a bit more home work if i change the ecu bcm and ignition do you think that might work so come on guys give me some answers
dreadly i smashed the xr6 and thats what motor was in it and the ute needed more go and i like the rocker cover
Your answer is in post #2. You need the BEM programmed to the ECU.
Mods: Tune, HSD/ShockWorks, black GT335 19” staggered replicas with 245 & 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot sport 5s

Daily: BF2 Fairmont Ghia I6 ZF, machine face GT335 19” staggered Replicas with 245s and 275s, Bilsteins & Kings

FPV 335 build stats: <click here>

Ford Performance Club ACT
JC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-04-2009, 07:56 PM   #6
gust98

well guys didnt go to ford just changed the ecu bcm and the ignition and mate loads more power than standard stop bagging the vct you dont no what your talking about well worth it
Old 17-04-2009, 10:29 PM   #7
dreadly
Banned

Was that that me??
A vct makes more power and i dont know what im talking about??
What till ya wanna change ya cam......hahaha
dreadly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post