Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 07:01 AM   #241
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: USA Riots

Requires cultural change and no more police investigating police with complaints.

They keep getting me to audit my own crew at work and for some reason the sun always shines out of our asses
This user likes this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 10:28 AM   #242
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a9555501.html

Looks like lieing has become the new norm. Bill or no bill looks like policing in the states will undergo big changes if the union are no longer providing legal backup.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 09-06-2020, 12:11 PM   #243
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 09-06-2020, 12:18 PM   #244
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see that 2 cops have been murdered during these riots...
Haven't heard much about them.
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 02:18 PM   #245
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2
Didn't the graph you put up yesterday show suicide rate lower in black populations? I am a bit sceptical of that figure because many of the factors that influence suicide rates eg unemployment, relationship breakups, financial difficulties are higher in black communities. Just a quick search didn't bring up any good research to explain the discrepancy.
I had my doubts too but I cross-checked the numbers and they appear to be accurate.

The State based crude death rates (per 100k) had me intrigued if only because I can't find any logical explanations.

If you are white, the District of Colombia has a 45% lower mortality rate than the national average (725.4) for whites while Hawaii, California, Minnesota and New York State are all more than 10% lower. Conversely; West Virginia has a 32% higher rate; Kentucky 28%; Alabama 24% and Mississippi (23%), Oklahoma (22%), Tennessee (21%) and Arkansas (20%) are all significantly higher.

If you are black then Vermont has a 46% lower death rate than the national average (852.9) for blacks despite it only being 2% below for whites. New Hampshire and North Dakota are both 38% lower also despite being close to the average for whites and Idaho is 37% lower and is actually slightly higher than the national average for whites. That tends to suggest that climate or environmental factors aren't playing a part.
Conversely; West Virginia has a 48% higher mortality rate for blacks than the national average but it also has a 32% figure for whites although it is 60% lower for other races. Mississippi and Missouri are both 41% higher and there a bunch of States more than 30% higher - bearing in mind that the national difference is 17.6% higher for blacks.

Perhaps a chart shows it best.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Old 09-06-2020, 02:47 PM   #246
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Terry Crews tries to promote harmony, gets racially abused by fellow black people. What a world we live in.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/terry-...WLyvZWI29C2BAc

Actor Terry Crews triggered a wave of backlash on Sunday for declaring that equality and interracial cooperation are the only solutions to the current racial turmoil in America.

"Defeating White supremacy without White people creates Black supremacy. Equality is the truth," Crews said. "Like it or not, we are all in this together."

Crews' message of unity and interracial solidarity was met with immediate backlash from people who decried his suggestion that "black supremacy" results when gatekeepers employ litmus tests to determine who is really a part of the fight for equality.

"Black Supremacy should not, does not, will not & cannot exist. You could easily just speak up for the benefits of co-existing w/ White people (who use their privilege for good) w/o creating some ludicrous false equivalency b/w Black self-love & systemic White oppression," another person replied.
"how are you this stupid," another person said.
"There are really some ignorant Black people with platforms that depend on keeping White people comfortable & it shows," another person said.
"Why is it that every Black man I know with a white partner feels the need to 'both sides' this?" another person replied.
In response to the vitriolic outrage, Crews clarified that he does not think "black supremacy" exists.

"I was not saying Black supremacy exists, because it doesn't. I am saying if both Black and Whites don't continue to work together-- bad attitudes and resentments can create a dangerous self-righteousness. That's all," Crews explained.

Crews later explained that he was mainly responding to members of the black community "who decide who's black and who's not."

"I have often been called out for not being 'black enough'. How can that be?" Crews said.

Last edited by russellw; 09-06-2020 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Removed some quoted comments we can do without.
Old 09-06-2020, 05:30 PM   #247
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

It doesn't matter what logic, reasoning you apply to the subject, as Alfred from the Dark Knight said "some people aren't looking for something logical, some men just want to watch the world burn"

Too many are just interested in just making sure their point is made known, the spotlight is on them and F whoever disagrees no matter who it hurts or what damage it does.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
3 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 08:24 PM   #248
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

All those who feel aggrieved with their lot in life are jumping at this opportunity to cause pain to the people they see as responsible for their unsatisfactory lives.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #249
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
All those who feel aggrieved with their lot in life are jumping at this opportunity to cause pain to the people they see as responsible for their unsatisfactory lives.

But reading this thread, I can't work out who is feeling more aggrieved. The ones supporting the protestors or the anti protestors.
4 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 08:38 PM   #250
PhilT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
But reading this thread, I can't work out who is feeling more aggrieved. The ones supporting the protestors or the anti protestors.

I'd feel aggrieved if this happened to my tyres.

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/06/m...slashing-tires

The cops had no way of knowing if the cars belonged to protestors, journalists or workers at the mall. They must have known there were cameras there too but they just didn't care. They don't expect there will be any consequences.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:42 PM   #251
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT2 View Post
I'd feel aggrieved if this happened to my tyres.

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/06/m...slashing-tires

The cops had no way of knowing if the cars belonged to protestors, journalists or workers at the mall. They must have known there were cameras there too but they just didn't care. They don't expect there will be any consequences.

Freaks! What does that achieve? I'm pretty sure you could still do some damage with the car in a crowd with flat tyres.
Old 09-06-2020, 08:53 PM   #252
zilo
BANNED

Floyd, the innocent victim?

Served 4 years for a home invasion holding the homeowners at gunpoint while robbing and assaulting them.
Multiple drug dealing and theft crimes.

He had just bought cigarettes with a forged US$20 bill and had taken fentanyl, a powerful opioid.

yeah...just another innocent law abiding Merican going about his business.
I am sure he was completely coperative.

I bet the family he robbed at gunpoint in their home are doing a "high five"

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 11:08 PM   #253
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
Floyd, the innocent victim?

Served 4 years for a home invasion holding the homeowners at gunpoint while robbing and assaulting them.
Multiple drug dealing and theft crimes.

He had just bought cigarettes with a forged US$20 bill and had taken fentanyl, a powerful opioid.

yeah...just another innocent law abiding Merican going about his business.
I am sure he was completely coperative.

I bet the family he robbed at gunpoint in their home are doing a "high five"
It appears George Floyd was no saint. But he did not deserve to die the way he did.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 09-06-2020, 11:31 PM   #254
EgoFG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There are arguably 3 categories of people involved in the riots:

1) Peaceful protesters, truly believing in the cause of overcoming Racism in policing

2) Those taking advantage of the opportunity to push a variety of ideas that are manifest as Anarchy (eg: defund the police)

3) Those taking advantage of the anarchy to then loot
Some people from 1 and 2, bleed into 2 or 3

BLM themselves are NOT ideologically in 1 (though some individuals are).

Its a bit like the Australian Greens - If you look into their policies they are interested in a huge range of things - only a part of 'green' policy (maybe 30%) is about the environment - Some of it is very left wing

BLM for example wants to replace 'the nuclear family structure' with 'extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another'. They do not say that they want to add to the family structure, rather to 'disrupt' it. I think there is a word for when community takes over from family - Hint: first 6 letters

(I do not want to generate traffic for them ... google: Family site:blacklivesmatter.com)

Someone who wants true reform, someone truly in category 1, will sound more like Terry Crews(with or without the religion) and less like BLM.

(I tried to keep this unpolitical ... but it is not easy)
Old 09-06-2020, 11:55 PM   #255
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
It appears George Floyd was no saint. But he did not deserve to die the way he did.
Stop trying to be the hero
Old 10-06-2020, 05:50 AM   #256
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

https://au.news.yahoo.com/ku-klux-kl...235404093.html

KKK got the ****s up in Virginia and has knocked over some protesters.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:07 AM   #257
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
https://au.news.yahoo.com/ku-klux-kl...235404093.html

KKK got the ****s up in Virginia and has knocked over some protesters.
You are going to get idiots on both sides of the fence...KKK still a thing?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 10-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #258
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Stop trying to be the hero

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 10-06-2020, 10:08 AM   #259
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
You are going to get idiots on both sides of the fence...KKK still a thing?
I'm thinking of that scene in Django Unchained with the KKK and the crappy masks

3 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #260
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh my..

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-a...10-p5510v.html

Colin Powell (who probably told the biggest lie) made an interesting comment about the lies coming out of Trump and his team. They lie not because they want to hide the truth from the public. They lie to show that they can make stuff up, and get away with it without being held accountable. Thats true power.

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #261
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Oh my..

Colin Powell (who probably told the biggest lie) made an interesting comment about the lies coming out of Trump and his team. They lie not because they want to hide the truth from the public. They lie to show that they can make stuff up, and get away with it without being held accountable. Thats true power.
Jesus thats the first I have seen that video. I felt sick.

Now, if the police have asked you to move on then best you should, but to push an old bloke over like that and see BLOOD come out his fricken ear and KEEP ON WALKING is shameful.

I dont care what the guy might have been preaching and whether he deserved a shove, its the actions there (again) that speak louder than words.

How to do pro-Trump supporters want to defend that one?
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Old 10-06-2020, 12:14 PM   #262
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal View Post
Jesus thats the first I have seen that video. I felt sick.

Now, if the police have asked you to move on then best you should, but to push an old bloke over like that and see BLOOD come out his fricken ear and KEEP ON WALKING is shameful.

I dont care what the guy might have been preaching and whether he deserved a shove, its the actions there (again) that speak louder than words.

How to do pro-Trump supporters want to defend that one?

To be remotely fair, one of them did stop and try to render assistance but was pushed on by his colleagues. Its been reported that they are "trained" to keep moving and not stop, and that there is a medical team behind them to assist. And subsequent videos does prove that.

Its also reported that the 2 officers were charged, and 40+ odd colleagues of the buffalo force quit in protest. But that has proven to be yet another lie. They quit because the union decided to stop supporting the force's legal aid. Interesting to see how easily the media is twisting stories without any accountability. Propaganda exists everywhere.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #263
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Oh my..

Hey Colin, how is that search foe WMD going?

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
3 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 01:05 PM   #264
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
To be remotely fair, one of them did stop and try to render assistance but was pushed on by his colleagues. Its been reported that they are "trained" to keep moving and not stop, and that there is a medical team behind them to assist. And subsequent videos does prove that.

Its also reported that the 2 officers were charged, and 40+ odd colleagues of the buffalo force quit in protest. But that has proven to be yet another lie. They quit because the union decided to stop supporting the force's legal aid. Interesting to see how easily the media is twisting stories without any accountability. Propaganda exists everywhere.
Now you're getting it.

There are always 2 sides to every story, but since Trump has come in all they ever do it twist it into a negative light, because they are so filthy Hillary isn't president. It's disgraceful conduct.

On a side note regarding the morons who want to get rid of the police force. Back in the 60's the Canandian Mounties went on strike. Within hours the results are what you'd expect.

"As a young teenager in proudly peaceable Canada during the romantic 1960s, I was a true believer in Bakunin's anarchism. I laughed off my parents' argument that if the government ever laid down its arms all hell would break loose. Our competing predictions were put to the test at 8:00 a.m. on October 7, 1969, when the Montreal police went on strike. By 11:20 am, the first bank was robbed. By noon, most of the downtown stores were closed because of looting. Within a few more hours, taxi drivers burned down the garage of a limousine service that competed with them for airport customers, a rooftop sniper killed a provincial police officer, rioters broke into several hotels and restaurants, and a doctor slew a burglar in his suburban home. By the end of the day, six banks had been robbed, a hundred shops had been looted, twelve fires had been set, forty carloads of storefront glass had been broken, and three million dollars in property damage had been inflicted, before city authorities had to call in the army and, of course, the Mounties to restore order. This decisive empirical test left my politics in tatters (and offered a foretaste of life as a scientist)."

Imagine if they dissolved the police force in the US like these protesters want. It would be civil war within hours.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 01:16 PM   #265
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Never mind. Totally didn't read the angle you were coming from with your comment.

Her days are numbered:

And as for all this drama and Bush/Powell coming out, well this is their last dance.
Old 10-06-2020, 01:18 PM   #266
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Now you're getting it.

There are always 2 sides to every story, but since Trump has come in all they ever do it twist it into a negative light, because they are so filthy Hillary isn't president. It's disgraceful conduct.

On a side note regarding the morons who want to get rid of the police force. Back in the 60's the Canandian Mounties went on strike. Within hours the results are what you'd expect.

"As a young teenager in proudly peaceable Canada during the romantic 1960s, I was a true believer in Bakunin's anarchism. I laughed off my parents' argument that if the government ever laid down its arms all hell would break loose. Our competing predictions were put to the test at 8:00 a.m. on October 7, 1969, when the Montreal police went on strike. By 11:20 am, the first bank was robbed. By noon, most of the downtown stores were closed because of looting. Within a few more hours, taxi drivers burned down the garage of a limousine service that competed with them for airport customers, a rooftop sniper killed a provincial police officer, rioters broke into several hotels and restaurants, and a doctor slew a burglar in his suburban home. By the end of the day, six banks had been robbed, a hundred shops had been looted, twelve fires had been set, forty carloads of storefront glass had been broken, and three million dollars in property damage had been inflicted, before city authorities had to call in the army and, of course, the Mounties to restore order. This decisive empirical test left my politics in tatters (and offered a foretaste of life as a scientist)."

Imagine if they dissolved the police force in the US like these protesters want. It would be civil war within hours.

What's the other side to this story?

Trump: "Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that's happening for our country. This is a great day for him, it's a great day for everybody." It's probably not that great a day for George Floyd, having been murdered by a policeman a few days ago.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 01:41 PM   #267
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome: where the hatred of Donald bewilders the victim to the point where they can no longer think or act like a rational person.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
7 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 02:02 PM   #268
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG17 View Post
What's the other side to this story?

Trump: "Hopefully, George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that's happening for our country. This is a great day for him, it's a great day for everybody." It's probably not that great a day for George Floyd, having been murdered by a policeman a few days ago.
Yeah he does himself no favours sometimes. Has no filter.

It's a good day for any of Floyd's potential future victims though.
4 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 03:36 PM   #269
nstg8a

I believe it’s called karma....

Career criminal gets killed at the hands of a cop while being arrested after committing another crime...

Oh yeah, his family said he moved there for a new start after being incarcerated for five years, new start or just an area where he was less likely to watched by the police so he could continue his criminal ways?

If people wanna act like savages then treat them like savages.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-06-2020, 03:45 PM   #270
jaydee
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Wow, saying what a lot of people think but daren't so they don't get flamed.
Closed Thread