Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > B Series.com.au > B Series.com.au Events and Meets

B Series.com.au Events and Meets All the B Series Social Gatherings

Old 23-04-2007, 11:58 PM   #91
neil101
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

sounds like it was a good crusie hopefully I won't be working on the next one I stop at the meeting point on my way to work (which is accross the road lol) was only a couple of cars there rugger was there and other guy I've met few times before but can't remeber his name or nic on here (sorry dude nothing personal just not good with names )

Neil

03 XR6T lighting strike auto prem sound 19's
383.9rwkw

96 EF series 2 XR8 sedan manual
neil101 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #92
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Damn shame I couldn't make it ppl ... had family stuff to attend to.
The main thing is you all had fun ... I know the road like the back of my hand and it is a great drive.

I would have held everyone up though ... I would have been the slowest of the bunch as it is.

Hope to make the next one if i can though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 12:25 AM   #93
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechan1k
Damn shame I couldn't make it ppl ... had family stuff to attend to.
The main thing is you all had fun ... I know the road like the back of my hand and it is a great drive.

I would have held everyone up though ... I would have been the slowest of the bunch as it is.

Hope to make the next one if i can though.
I doubt you would have been the slowest mate. That was the position for the P Plater with the least power and the stock Falcon suspension :P
And as Bluehoon pointed out, it wasn't about how fast you went, it was how well you handled it, and it certaintly didnt hurt that he knew the road better than all of us.
And it was nice to meet ya Neil, shame you had to power through that flu of yours. _2:
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 02:59 PM   #94
Bluehoon
Hoon On The Rise

It's interesting to see the smiles on everyone's faces...

It was also interesting that following the run, whilst everyone is till chasing times, suspension, brakes, and rubber are now also being looked at..

People may bag the stock suspension in the XR's, but I reckon it sticks like glue ing_sm : :voldar02:

FGX-XR8 Manual, BFII E-Gas, '11 GSXR 1000 - Love 'em!
FPV Tickford Club of NSW - www.fpvclub.com
Bluehoon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 08:23 PM   #95
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I found the stock XR suspension very adequate indeed .. and in the hands of a competant steerer ... good fun indeed.

Although I did get the change to drive a BA XR6 (Mk1) for a few days in VERY wet rain ... and I did find it to be a tad skatey in some conditions .... but nothing too bad ... I just had to keep on my toes. Had the 3000A Dunlops on them (which i don't mind actually ... not a bad tyre really) ... trying to stay close to the speed limit in heavy rain on Picton/Wilton Rd down to Wollongong was interesting to say the least (the grooves from the trucks don't help either).

But in the dry... quite a good vehicle.

I did find the front seat bolstering in the shoulder are a little too much for me though ... I found it too tight for my liking and was a little uncomfortable driving with my shoulders hunched in.

But that's about all I could fault with it ... everything else was great. The difference from XT to XR is quite a bit when it comes to handling and road holding though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 08:42 PM   #96
EFDream
XRR83D

I seemed to get a bit too much roll out of the xr....pehaps I should slow down on the corners......

2007 Suzuki Swift - Pearl Red
Povo Pack

EFDream is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #97
J_Tank
Bring on the Boss

the Boss has a pretty high centre of gravity!
J_Tank is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2007, 11:57 PM   #98
Airmon
King of the Fairy's.

And a boat anchor under the bonnet :P :P
Ah ****, startin to sound like a Turbo owner. :P

Btw. Would compression Superlows give about the same handling as standard XR suspension? I want better suspension but might as well go low while I'm at it, shocks would be on the list aswell.
Airmon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post