Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 27-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
EmperorCrispy
Starter Motor

Default Mondeo Boot Release

Hi there,

I just picked up my Ford Mondeo on the weekend and so far very impressed.
This may work out to be a silly question but apart from the key is there a button that does an electronic boot release in the car?
I have searched the dash area and the manual and can’t find anything.
My Fiesta and Focus both have them so can’t see why the Mondeo wouldn’t.

All the best.

EmperorCrispy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #2
bovva66

There is none. you open boot with catch in the same place you lift up boot, and push up to open. this only works when car is not locked.
Old 27-04-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

The interesting thing with the Mondeo and probably other cars (I only know about the Mondeo), is that you can lock (and deadlock) the car when the boot or a door is open.

What this means is that if you happen to put your keys in the hatch and have only opened the boot/hatch (using the boot button on the key fob), and shut the boot/hatch, your keys are locked inside.

When I drop my daughter off, in order to free up hands for her and her assorted goods, I will open her door, lock and deadlock the car (two presses of the lock button), get her out and the car will lock up. Handy. But not if you ever put your keys in the boot while you're trying to get stuff out.

Does anyone know if this happens with the keyless entry? I've never tried the experience to see if the keys in the boot will cause the boot/hatch not to lock.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Why would you put the keys in the boot anyway? Any car the keys will lock inside the boot if you shut it with them inside...

My mondeo also will not lock with a door open, the boot open yes. If I press lock with a door open the locks will shut and immediately open again.

I never use the boot release on the fob, I just unlock the car and use the tailgate handle to open, then relock the entire car.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-04-2010, 06:16 PM   #5
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRsedan
Why would you put the keys in the boot anyway?
As I have done many times he meant accidently placing keys down on boot floor to free hands up then shutting boot door then realizing you have left them there!

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #6
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Does anyone know if this happens with the keyless entry? I've never tried the experience to see if the keys in the boot will cause the boot/hatch not to lock.
no, because if the fob is whithin range (about a metre) of the car you can open any door or the hatch without even having to press a release button.

i got caught out thinking my central locking didn't work when i first tried to lock the car then checked the door handle only to find it would unlock and open when i tried it!! once the key fob is outsie the distance required all doors and hatch stay locked.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-04-2010, 01:39 PM   #7
MOND30
If You Seek AU

That's not exactly true - if the car senses that a fob is *in* the boot, and the other fob is not within range, when you shut the boot it pops back up again so you can't lock it in.

Also if you lock the doors with the black button on the outside door handle, you have 3 seconds in which the door will remain locked if you try to open it, so that you can check that it is locked, then it reverts back to opening if a fob is within range.

Clear as mud?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #8
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

cool... still experimenting. might give this a try.

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #9
LRsedan
Now XR5hatch!

Yeah MA and MB are totally different in this respect.

MA guys don't have the walk up opening thing you guys are talking about. We have to unlock the door via the fob button.
LRsedan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2010, 12:56 AM   #10
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Thanks LR - I wasn't aware that this totally keyless thing was new to the MB. The extra little things in the Titanium (and XR5) are pretty neat
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
fpv_gt
Jezza

Default Re: Mondeo Boot Release

Ma mondeo..... hatch wont open.... just getting click.click.click sound...any ideas.

Jeremy Clarkson:

"Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary….That's what gets you."
fpv_gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post