Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
cattitude

Unhappy Mondeo MB TDCI dangerous intermittent fault

I wonder if anyone has any ideas here as I am getting nowhere with Ford Dealership, they cant figure out the problem either.

I have a Mondeo MB Titanium TDCI

Since purchase 12 months ago I have had a lot of intermittent problems with it.
Stability light comes up on dash when it does I cant use cruise control and hill launch disables (this happens ever so often)
I have my stereo cut off for a millisecond, you sit wondering, did that just cut out.
When driving I sometimes get a sudden sharp jolt in the car as if hit from behind I have since discovered this is stalling.
Stalls while sitting at traffic lights, no jolt just everything turns off.
My gears sometimes fall out when driving, pedal down then all of a sudden car is lifeless, go to move to left lane for safety then all of a sudden gears come back.

A few days ago I had just taken off to shops, engine just mildly warmed.
Accelerating at around 40-50km to go up a slight hill, all of a sudden the car came to an instant stop, threw me really hard forward, all power off, as it happened so quick, my foot was still on accelerator then suddenly power all came back, a sharp jolt and car took off again. It was terribly frightening as a car had come up behind me and tooted me, I am not sure if they see brake lights and the fact it came close to an accident due to this ongoing fault!!! I was so freaked out by it all I had to pull over.
Oh and car was right back to normal enjoyable fault free driving.

My car is once again back with dealership while I have a loan car, its been back to them probably 6 times or more.
Each time they have it, the car does not fault.
They HAVE seen the faults on the screen as I took it to them when it was faulting, computer shot out multiple errors that made no sense but again they could not pick the fault.
So they know the car is faulting yet they cant figure it out.

I am so exhausted with trying to find out what the problem is, the problem is intermittent so other than when it faults the car drives really nicely
It happens on cold or hot engine, there seems to be no pattern.

Anyone experienced a similar problem?

I don't get that FORD cant figure out what is wrong with their own cars!

cattitude is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post