Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 29-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
megsy
Undergraduate EB Operator

Default AV telstar tx5 motor?

anyone know where i could source or even just price a motor for a AV telstar TX5? a friend of mine recently cooked one and is wanting to just sell it off. the rest of the car is very straight and in very good condition, so i was considering buying it myself then getting it running.

i believe the motor used in them (without actually looking at it) was a mazda FS series 2.2l MPFI. what other cars was these motors used in and does anyone know if someone reconditions them or i can otherwise just ring around till i find one. and what should i be paying? are these a common motor, or a bit rare?

any help is appreciated

megz

-----------------------
megsy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
LG17
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AV telstar tx5 motor?

Try Grant Walker in Melbourne.
LG17 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
FERG_51
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: AV telstar tx5 motor?

You can pick up whole cars on ebay cheap, ive just bought a 93 for parts for my roo damaged car cost me $500.00 and its better than the one ive got.
FERG_51 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post