Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 16-09-2016, 04:08 PM   #91
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

Default Re: Thanks Ford dealership.....for nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen 5150 View Post
..I don't think Ford or the dealership will be sweating to much with the prospect of losing the O.P's future business.
I'm sure they are not. It's pretty obvious. ;)

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2016, 04:24 PM   #92
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well you would think that the loss of any customer should be a concern to a business manager.When I was in business one of my more major suppliers did the wrong thing resulting in me changng supplier.I can assure you upper management were more than a little concerned and spent a fair while trying to convince me it was once off and wouldn't happen again.Maybe Smurfs problem is a little 2 way.He did state Mrs S manages a few staff and likes to get her own way,so maybe she came on a bit heavy with the receptionist.Other side,if receptionist had any nous she would have offered to have a look and fit a fuse to fix the problem
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 16-09-2016, 05:18 PM   #93
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassie f100 View Post
Well you would think that the loss of any customer should be a concern to a business manager.
Truest statement ever, I had a run in with my dealer after purchasing many fords from them over the years, I threatened to take my business elsewhere which obviously ruffled some feathers in management, problem resolved.

In Poppa Smurfs situation it could have been handled better but what beggars disbelief was this quote from his OP

Quote:
wife said she is in a rush so could she buy a fuse and do it herself, not that hard,.....answer again was no....she would have to book the car in.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2016, 06:10 PM   #94
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Although I agree with you, and what appears to be a simple process, this is only relevant and possible if someone that is capable of doing this and diagnosing it was and is available and free at the time? I don't think poppa grasps this?

Its easy in hindsight that a simple fuse was the issue, but Ford and large Dealerships don't work this way unfortunately. I'm not saying thats right or wrong, but when dealing with dealerships everything needs to be itemized and accounted for, and faults need to be entered into their systems for future reference and when factory warranty is relevant, all this takes time.

If you need immediate help or assistance from a Dealership and needing a mechanic to drop everything or hope one is available, then in the majority of cases you will be disappointed. If the O.P was so confident in his ability to diagnose the problem without even seeing it, then a local indy or auto electrician would of had a far more favorable outcome I would of thought.

I don't think Ford or the dealership will be sweating to much with the prospect of losing the O.P's future business.
No wonder this country finds itself in the position it's currently in.

Maybe someone in "upper management" will have the nous to take the coins out of the swear jar and replace them with fuses!

Maybe I'm just old...dunno - hope not!

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-09-2016, 07:52 PM   #95
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

random old duck pulls into stealership

needs a fuse / ok / here

random old duck fits said fuse but said fuse wasnt problem and computery is stoofed

random old duck pulls angrys about broken computerys

insert fried computery dealer bash
pottery beige is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 16-09-2016, 11:16 PM   #96
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottery beige View Post
random old duck pulls into stealership

needs a fuse / ok / here

random old duck fits said fuse but said fuse wasnt problem and computery is stoofed

random old duck pulls angrys about broken computerys

insert fried computery dealer bash
Assumptions, Assumptions & Assumptions.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2016, 01:31 AM   #97
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Its easy in hindsight that a simple fuse was the issue, but Ford and large Dealerships don't work this way unfortunately.
That’s not necessarily true.

Mercedes-Benz does or at least the two dealerships I use do.

You can pull up any time unannounced and the Service Manager will send out someone with twenty of their best screwdrivers.

They’ll give you something to eat and in no time you’ll be advised it’s fixed, or it’ll take a little more time or you'll have to come back as they need to source parts.

But one thing they never do is turn you away.

I also had a good relationship with my local Holden dealer when I lived in Sydney and someone from service was always prepared to come out and look at the car and if need be ask a mechanic come out as well.

I remember a couple of years back I pulled up on my way home to ask them why the time on my display had gone from being shown in 12 hours to 24 hours as I couldn’t find anywhere in the menu that allowed you to adjust it.

The service fellow didn’t know but the mechanic did and you needed to access the Engineering Mode to change it, so he showed me and wrote down the instructions in case it happened again.

I posted it on the LS1 Forum and was surprised to find how many owners were stuck in the 24 hours mode but didn’t know there was a way to change it as the owner's manual makes no mention of it.

It was a 15 minute job for the service department from the moment the service fellow came out until the mechanic finished showing me what to do.

Quote:
I don't think Ford or the dealership will be sweating to much with the prospect of losing the O.P's future business.
Maybe not but they have lost more than enough customers over the years to rate poorly with buyers so maybe it now time for them to change the way they treat their customers if they wish for them to return.
Express is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 15-06-2020, 06:50 PM   #98
zilo
BANNED

Looks like not only did the Ford dealership lose a customer,

but this member never came back to this site either......

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post