Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #1
heaps79
Starter Motor

Default Finally - Got my Car - Yah!

After alot of diliberating about my pending purchase I finally have signed up for a new 2011 Ford Mondeo Titanium Hatch (Diesel, Auto)- Yah!

I'm really excited about the new car and should be getting it by the end of the week. I think I got a good price in the end, I suppose you always think you could of done better (which I do) but unfortunately I sold my car and was carless leaving me in a position where I couldnt afford to wait for a dealer to "chase me up" to do a deal.

Thanks to all of the advice received on this forum as well!

A question which i forgot to ask the dealer - regarding ISOFIX - I am not experienced with this. Will my current car seat just fit or is there something I need to buy for my car seat? I assume the Mondeo has 2 anchor points?

heaps79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Finally - Got my Car - Yah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaps79

A question which i forgot to ask the dealer - regarding ISOFIX - I am not experienced with this. Will my current car seat just fit or is there something I need to buy for my car seat? I assume the Mondeo has 2 anchor points?
I assume you are talking about child's seats? all I did was strap the seat belt as one anchor and the other clips onto the lug in the boot behind the seat it has to first go under the headrest sorry only had to fit them for visiting relatives children oh congratulations on the car you will love it like I have for the past 3 years

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
Dusty1
Giddy up!

ISO fix is a Euro standard and different to ours. Any Australian standard child seat will fit. I had one in mine and Apstar is correct go under the headrest. The installer put mine over, so I got it re done and took the headrest off.

I've got two coming at once, otherwise would have been in a Titanium wagon.

Enjoy it they are a great car.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #4
heaps79
Starter Motor

Thanks for info re the Carseat - I'll get the guy who sold it to me show me how to do install it !!
Old 26-07-2011, 02:40 PM   #5
Dusty1
Giddy up!

You local baby shop, Baby Bunting, Baby Co., etc all have guys who do the install for about $30. Probably a good place to start, give them a call.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 26-07-2011, 10:53 PM   #6
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by heaps79
Thanks for info re the Carseat - I'll get the guy who sold it to me show me how to do install it !!
Oh a word of warning,make sure you place a large beach towel under the seat they have very sharp edges and can leave dent makes on your leather seats

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #7
Fishman

I think in QLD RACQ will also fit car seats. I have 2 in the back of the wagon (about to go to 3!), headrests now live in my bedroom. They advised when fitting a baby one for the last child to prop up the base of the seat with a beach towel or something similar so that there isn't any gap between the base of the baby car seat and the actual seat.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #8
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

We ran an old single bed blanket for years under the baby seats on our '87 Telstar TX5 Ghia beautiful blue velour.....after the first few marks quickly appeared (grrrr!!). Saved extracting the favourite-travel-food peanut butter sandwich from the covers too!
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Dusty1
Giddy up!

With the alcantara seats, the spillage was the reason why I got the seat covers made. It will be hard to get the milk/vegimite sandwich/banana/orange/grape/vomit stains off the alcantara.
Previous:
Old 29-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
heaps79
Starter Motor

Ooohh picked it up yesterday - Wow, already love it!! Tried reading the manual last night, gave up - too much to read and so many features!! Am in love with the colour - Dark Mikastone!
Old 30-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #11
pbouzaid
Mondeo MC Titanium Wagon

Congrats ! You are lucky to get your car so quickly

Some of us are waiting for a boat to arrive with our cars in September :(
pbouzaid is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
Mackspower

Congratulations heaps79 ! That's a day worth waiting for . . . definitely post some pics for all of us.

And dead-right pbouzaid - I'm expecting the phone call from the Ford dealer this week to say my delivery date has been moved from August 25th to Sept 9th. More than a three month wait. :-(
Mackspower is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post