Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 12-01-2005, 10:42 AM   #31
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

These guys have a superb product. Most comprehensive kit I've seen, frame went together with minimal hassle. Steel frame is the way to go.

Kitome
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:14 PM   #32
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Tarwin is were we the house is being built, had a crane for 2 of the 11m ones (the heavy hard wood main ones), all others droped ontop of the frame ready to go, the others are easy to pass up as they are alot smaller.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-01-2005, 01:32 AM   #33
tickford2001
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
These guys have a superb product. Most comprehensive kit I've seen, frame went together with minimal hassle. Steel frame is the way to go.

Kitome
yeh these guys seem to produce pretty decent kits, and they also sponsored a V8 supercar for a while a couple of years back! :
Old 22-01-2005, 12:20 AM   #34
kiwishau

Default Pricing

Just received a quote for a 2 storey Nusteel home. Damn near had a heart attack..............$150000.00 kit only.....................
Plus on costs like plumber, electrician, PC items, kitchen etc, excluding any actual building, they estimate all up cost to be $246000.00.
I can get a 30 square home built including all carpeting furnishing PC items for that kind of money !!!
Unbelievable. !!!!!!!
kiwishau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2005, 12:26 AM   #35
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickford2001
yeh these guys seem to produce pretty decent kits, and they also sponsored a V8 supercar for a while a couple of years back! :
If 4 of us can put up 51 squares of frame in a weekend, and all the roof trusses in the next, without loss of skin, limb or eyes. I'd say they are a pretty decent kit. Easy to true up too. :

Last edited by RED_EL_XR8; 22-01-2005 at 09:20 AM.
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2005, 02:31 AM   #36
THORNSPAWN
In the Forced 'lane

I'm in the middle of building a Kitome kit it's a 17 square 4 bedroom home with ensuite and cost around $40,000 for the complete kit.
You may have trouble getting finance I couldn't get a loan to build it myself but I could if I got a qualified builder to build it.
My mother built a Nusteel house by herself so anyone who can read instructions can do it.
THORNSPAWN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2005, 02:37 AM   #37
RspecAU
BA GT-P Owner

I found this while searching for kit homes a few weeks back looks interesting. http://www.zego.com.au/ anyone have any thoughts on this or even seen it done before.
ON MAXXIS MAV1's 275/45/17 13.27 @ 106mph
RspecAU is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-01-2005, 02:16 PM   #38
banarcus
hmm eyebrows

My wife and I really like the old style of homes in our area and we thought that a house of Federation era would be nice to build. Most of the mainstream builders build a "federation" fascade but when I had a look in a kit home magazine I found these people:Harkaway Homes

We instantly fell in love with the Victorian gabled and the fair dinkum federation designs that really looked like a fair dinkum older style homes. The price that they quote only included the lock up stage with all the plumbing, electrical, gyprock etc to do. The only problem that we had at the time was that the bank wouldn't finance it.