Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Mad_Pom

Default September VFACTS

Anyone got the preliminary numbers?

Mad_Pom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

Default Re: September VFACTS

from today's Drive on smh.com.au

The Mazda3 small car has ended the Toyota Hilux’s five-month winning streak in the new-car sales race – as Mazda posts its best monthly result of all time.

Preliminary results show the Mazda3 topped the charts with more than 4200 sales – a new record for the nameplate and only the fourth time it has eclipsed 4000 sales – compared with the Toyota HiLux’s tally of 3400.

This means that after five months of the HiLux closing the gap, the Mazda3 is finally pulling away and gaining a lead again in the year-to-date tally.

Last month the HiLux was just 562 sales behind the Mazda3 when the first eight months of the year were tallied, now the HiLux has fallen to more than 1300 sales behind.

Advertisement
With three months of sales remaining, the title of top-selling vehicle could still go either way.

Although Toyota continues to lead the market, accounting for almost 20 per cent of all vehicle deliveries, Mazda had a blinder – up 67 per cent on the same month last year and the first time it has eclipsed 10,000 sales – buoyed by good results from the Mazda3 small car, Mazda2 city hatch and CX-5 compact SUV.

The preliminary data also shows the market continued to be strong in September – up by an estimated 7 per cent – but not all car manufacturers came out winners.

Holden continued its slump – down 18 per cent in a booming market – and is on track to post its worst sales result in 19 years. With a tally of 8900 sales, it was beaten by Mazda.

The Commodore outsold the Cruze (2500 versus 1950 sales) but both models were down on previous months in 2012.

In response, Holden announced this week it was offering employee pricing across almost every model in its range for the next fortnight.

Ford was also down – by 5 per cent – but had a ray of light in the form of its Focus small car, which was its top-selling model with more than 1600 sales and has recently received a price cut.

The official VFACTS sales results from the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries are due out mid week.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
BroadyFord

I hate this time of the month... :(
BroadyFord is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #4
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Ford is holding stedy ground, lower focus pricing should give them a boost.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
BHDOGS
Banned

Mazda losing billions everywhere except Australia were we like to buy what everyone else is
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 02:32 PM   #6
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

"Holden continued its slump – down 18 per cent in a booming market – and is on track to post its worst sales result in 19 years. With a tally of 8900 sales, it was beaten by Mazda.'
So, thats why Holden is offering employee prices to everyone ? and 0% ??

Why is Mazda selling well in Australia but not elsewhwere ?? maybe its ADVERTISING !!!! Wakey Wakey Ford Aus !!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8
"Holden continued its slump – down 18 per cent in a booming market – and is on track to post its worst sales result in 19 years. With a tally of 8900 sales, it was beaten by Mazda.'
So, thats why Holden is offering employee prices to everyone ? and 0% ??

Why is Mazda selling well in Australia but not elsewhwere ?? maybe its ADVERTISING !!!! Wakey Wakey Ford Aus !!!!
Urgh its not all about advertising...
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Wretched
Render unto Caesar

So what's wrong with Mazda that it doesn't deserve the sales success?

The losses they're experiencing are also due to the environmental issues in Thailand and Japan last year among other things.
Their sales seem to be ok and their losses have shrunk.
Go Mazda I say. The 3 is basically a focus anyway. Both companies built the platform.
Old 03-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #9
DanielXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hmm well everyones experience will be different of course but mine to contrast and compare. Recently I purchased a Mazda 6 wagon.

The dealer prepared the car and had it in the showroom with seating next to it, where we sat down and went through the paperwork for delivery and got a run through on the cars functions etc. He took a photo of the car (which he offered for us to be in) and presented us with a bottle of local wine, before ensuring we were happy with everything and then opening the showroom doors for the big exit. They put on a good show.

Had two calls from Mazda Australia in four weeks checking how we were going. Also they had my file on hand and knew I was a previous customer and thanked me for returning.

Had a full size colour photo of the car in the showroom (from earlier) in a binding sent to our home with a thank you for purchasing the car from the dealer.

Had a booklet on the history of Mazda sent to me from Mazda Australia about three weeks after we got the car and a thank you letter.

Got two letters from the local dealer. One asking to fill out a survey on the new car buying experience and the other explaining our factory warranty and including a booklet from Mazda.

Got a Nielsen survey on behalf of Mazda Australia about five weeks in asking us how we were finding the car. Got a courtesy follow up call from Mazda Australia when they received it.

My last experience with the local Ford dealer. Took my Territory in for the ball joint recall. They said the job was done and it sure wasn't. The inspection report said all the rest of the suspension was fine - it wasn't not by a long shot with torn bushes at the rear, that were in one case literally in two halves.

They said the ballpoints were replaced and had been road tested ok. Took it out and it was making so many loud banging noises I drove it straight to my local mechanic who fixed it and explained how they screwed it up. Said it looked like the apprentice had done it. Oh and when I asked what warranty was on the new ballpoints the service guy said none, because Ford paid for it. So add lieing to the customer service. Finally they scratched the crap out of one of my alloy wheels.

On top of all that the guy who sold me the Mazda use to work at the Ford dealer, but had been made redundant. Apparently sales are down over at the Ford shop.
DanielXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #10
tranquilized
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched

The losses they're experiencing are also due to the environmental issues in Thailand and Japan last year among other things.
Go Mazda I say. The 3 is basically a focus anyway. Both companies built the platform.

Tall poppy syndrome? Jealousy perhaps?

I agree, I dont mind most of Mazda's range at all. I dont think the 3 is the best in class, but it would be in the top 3 with Focus and Golf. People buy cars on looks and they're lapping up the mazda flair right now.
tranquilized is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquilized
Tall poppy syndrome? Jealousy perhaps?

I agree, I dont mind most of Mazda's range at all. I dont think the 3 is the best in class, but it would be in the top 3 with Focus and Golf. People buy cars on looks and they're lapping up the mazda flair right now.
I don't like smiley face !!!!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #12
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
Holden continued its slump – down 18 per cent in a booming market – and is on track to post its worst sales result in 19 years. With a tally of 8900 sales, it was beaten by Mazda.

The Commodore outsold the Cruze (2500 versus 1950 sales) but both models were down on previous months in 2012.

In response, Holden announced this week it was offering employee pricing across almost every model in its range for the next fortnight.
Where are the "end of the Commodore/Holden" stories?
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 05:03 PM   #13
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Figures should have been released today as it's the 3rd business day of the month.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #14
Resurrection
I was correct - AGAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ
Figures should have been released today as it's the 3rd business day of the month.
Monday was a public holiday in NSW so the data will be released tomorrow.
Resurrection is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 05:50 PM   #15
MrZ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection
Monday was a public holiday in NSW so the data will be released tomorrow.
It has nothing to do with NSW - the FCAI (VFACTS) are based in the ACT. Don't think you're more important than you are.
MrZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:01 PM   #16
Mercury 8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ
It has nothing to do with NSW - the FCAI (VFACTS) are based in the ACT. Don't think you're more important than you are.
Labour Day in the ACT on Monday! Don't think your smarter than you are!!! LOL.
Mercury 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #17
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Queens Birthday long weekend in Wait Awhile on Monday :P

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Road_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
hmm well everyones experience will be different of course but mine to contrast and compare. Recently I purchased a Mazda 6 wagon.

etc ........ .
Have had the same from Ford dealers so its not just a Mazda thing. Picked up my parents car from Freeway Ford and had a big banner across the windscreen with congrats, pohots were taken, pressies given ..... etc.

Sick of people bagging out all dealers ..... some are crap, most are good and the good ones rival those from others brand and surpass in many instances.

It is NOT a reason for someone NOT to buy their FIRST Ford and after picking up an absolute crap load of new FORD cars ...... The quality of the car is the reason I and many buy ...... not because of a wonderful salesman!

I buy the car I am happy with and DO NOT buy because I am in love with the salesman or need loving back and certainly do not need to be wined and dined by the dealer. Give me the keys as I want to get in and drive the thing!!

Whinge about dealers comes up everytime, once a month like clockwork so leaving this topic here and back with the topic at hand.

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #19
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auslandau
Have had the same from Ford dealers so its not just a Mazda thing. Picked up my parents car from Freeway Ford and had a big banner across the windscreen with congrats, pohots were taken, pressies given ..... etc.

Sick of people bagging out all dealers ..... some are crap, most are good and the good ones rival those from others brand and surpass in many instances.

It is NOT a reason for someone NOT to buy their FIRST Ford and after picking up an absolute crap load of new FORD cars ...... The quality of the car is the reason I and many buy ...... not because of a wonderful salesman!

I buy the car I am happy with and DO NOT buy because I am in love with the salesman or need loving back and certainly do not need to be wined and dined by the dealer. Give me the keys as I want to get in and drive the thing!!

Whinge about dealers comes up everytime, once a month like clockwork so leaving this topic here and back with the topic at hand.
quoting so people can read it twice.

be nice to keep this thread about the sales figures and not the usual tripe.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #20
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Ford is holding stedy ground, lower focus pricing should give them a boost.
Ford need Focus to fire, its in one of the most important/largest segments and they are giving up thousands of sales Vs 3, Corolla, Cruze, I30 etc. Its one of the best cars in class and should be selling above 2000 every month IMO. With a cheaper RRP and better supplies from Thailand its do-able.

Quote:
Holden have already invested hundreds of millions to keep Commodore going, and are investing even more for the 2 vehicles they plan on building post 2018.

Thats why, their future is already on the table.

Whereas at Ford its no plan post 2016 on the table, with the possibility it may be another 2 or so years before anyone really knows whats going to happen.

Holden have nipped the negative speculation in the bud, Ford should take note.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #21
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden must be “packing it” over the cruze sales numbers. I really thought cruze would be leading the sales racing by now, but it seems to be going backwards. I know it is not the best in class, but I would have thought fleets would be lapping it up.. I guess Australia made means nothing these days.. So sad

Any numbers on Falcon or Territory, hopefully they are both around the mid teens for the month.
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:24 PM   #22
Windsor220
Now Fordless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched

I've said it before on this forum that Mazdas reliability is questionable. 3 and 6 are ok its the rest of the range. My mate that still works there has told me the new CX5 and BT50 are already causing problems.

Mazda has built its image so well here. Women love the things.
Windsor220 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:28 PM   #23
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Holden have already invested hundreds of millions to keep Commodore going, and are investing even more for the 2 vehicles they plan on building post 2018.

Thats why, their future is already on the table.

Whereas at Ford its no plan post 2016 on the table, with the possibility it may be another 2 or so years before anyone really knows whats going to happen.

Holden have nipped the negative speculation in the bud, Ford should take note.
to me that tells me that holden would be more concerned than ford right now. they have committed themselves to a car that is in a segment still trying to find its new level of market share. falcon sales seem to have plateaued out around 1100/month, give or take, whilst commodore are still not that steady. hopefully for them VF will stabilise the drop for them but thats still a long way off.

holden have also committed to the small car program and unlike commodore is a lot fresher, and is also starting to struggle against its rivals, esp mazda3 and corolla. focus also not far behind this month. with so much choice, badge loyalty will only go so far.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 08:29 PM   #24
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Mazdas woes stem from the fact that they build most of there cars in japan, and the exhange rate in Japan is not favorable.

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #25
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Mazda makes a good product, so good on them

They're my favorite Jap brand.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #26
P6LTD351
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Mazda makes a good product, so good on them

They're my favorite Jap brand.
My favourite Japanese brand too. Let's not forget the history that Ford and Mazda have together since the late 70s. Ford still have a small stake (3.5%) in Mazda too and will continue to undertake joint ventures and share technology with each other.
1986 XF Fairmont Ghia 4.1L EFI Regency Red, trip computer, venetians - 163Ks
1979 P6 LTD 351, Goldust - 185Ks
1989 Mazda MX5, Red 1.6L, 5sp manual - 102Ks
P6LTD351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #27
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Holden must be “packing it” over the cruze sales numbers. I really thought cruze would be leading the sales racing by now, but it seems to be going backwards. I know it is not the best in class, but I would have thought fleets would be lapping it up.. I guess Australia made means nothing these days.. So sad

Any numbers on Falcon or Territory, hopefully they are both around the mid teens for the month.
I think the only thing going for it is that it is Aussie made, it is one of the ugliest and most dated looking small cars for sale.

I don't understand the hate for the Mazda 3 it is easily the best all round package, and looks really smart in hatch form.

Toyota must make a killing on those Hiluxes a brand new diesel 4wd dual cab is about 28 grand in Thailand - they sell them close to 50grand over here even with 0% tariffs.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #28
buickman
buickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb2monty
My favourite Japanese brand too. Let's not forget the history that Ford and Mazda have together since the late 70s. Ford still have a small stake (3.5%) in Mazda too and will continue to undertake joint ventures and share technology with each other.
The Laser sold well for Ford for years and that was really a Mazda 323 with Ford touches to it the same as a Mazda BT 50 and Ford Ranger.

I purchased an updated Mazda 3 Neo late last year for my wife and she loves the car. I've had them before and never had any quality issues with them. The Mazda SP20 which we owned and Ford SR2 were great little cars for their time.

The only downside is Mazda requires a 6 month interval service where most other makes nowadays are 12 months unless severe use.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #29
Pepscobra
Call me dirt... Joe Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
Toyota must make a killing on those Hiluxes a brand new diesel 4wd dual cab is about 28 grand in Thailand - they sell them close to 50grand over here even with 0% tariffs.
The Hilux's they sell here in Thailand are a lot different to the 'export' quality ones that get sent out for the Australian market.
The local market ones are very basic with no airbags or other safety gear and very basic finishing. The quality is vastly different too as they go down different assembly lines.
That's why the price difference just FYI.
Cheers.
2007 BFII FPV Cobra Ute|Boss 302|6M|#23/100
Mods so far:
Billet Products Shifter|X-Force Exhaust|Herrod Oil Breathers|Whiteline Sway Bar|Tein SuperStreets|Kings FOR-303SL Rear Springs|Melling Oil Pump|Mace Manifold Spacers|Powerbond Underdrives|Pacemaker Headers|Ballistic Cats|XFT Custom Tune @ 308.3rwkw|DBA T3 Rotors|Ferodo Pads|Goodridge Braided Lines
Mods to come:
4.11 Diff Gears|Chromoly Tailshaft
I use & recommend:
Castrol|Motorcraft|Mainlube|Penrite

Check Out My Build Thread
Pepscobra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #30
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra
The Hilux's they sell here in Thailand are a lot different to the 'export' quality ones that get sent out for the Australian market.
The local market ones are very basic with no airbags or other safety gear and very basic finishing. The quality is vastly different too as they go down different assembly lines.
That's why the price difference just FYI.
Cheers.
Cheers, no idea, just assumed they had less features didn't realise they were worse quality and materials.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post