Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 02-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #61
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: April VFacts.. Falcon !!!!!!

Wasnt it mentioned somewhere that Toyota and Mazda are the biggest advertisers on TV followed by Holden??
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #62
blk6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonkymofo

The placement of Ecoboost on its own up here would work beautifully if it was part of a broader campaign. Trying to familiarise people with the new marketing word for a product works well, but not in isolation.

Ecoboost needs a TVC and given the cost of the entire project is seems like serious false economies to save the $10k or so a pop for a prime time one. Hell even a cheaper timeslot would be better than nothing
Exactly, having Ecoboost there on a car does not conform to a marketing campaign in my opinion. To the average punter, Ecoboost could be related to anything. Also, non car enthisuasts don't watch V8 supercars.

Out of curisority I just asked some people here at work if they have ever heard of Ecoboost, these were the replies:
Person 1 (female 25yo): "Oh does that have something to do with boost juice??"
Person 2 (male 30yo): "Is that the thing that Subaru and Toyota are producing??"
Person 3 (male 28yo Holden Fan): "Um, never heard of that car, sounds Jap, what is it?"

Ford's recent media release was weak, I have only seen a couple of articles on Caradvice etc. When you also read comments on Caradvice, 90% of people bag out the Falcon
Old 02-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #63
tweeked
N/A all the way

They are not going to fully advertise something last month that you cannot buy last month. Wait for this month.

tweeked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 11:04 AM   #64
flooded one
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if ford does advertise it. i hope they make it better then that annoying ad mazda has with that cheeter.
flooded one is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #65
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

gentleman,

in the product life cycle the advertising is all spent at the start. The FG is now late in the product life cycle, they will not throw big dollars at advertising it. So we will see more internet ads and less TV ads, well there are no TV ads for the falcon at the moment.

The bottom line is that there is so much choice in the Aussie car market, all manufacturers are getting a smaller slice of the overall pie. The Corolla Im pretty sure has sold less ever since the Cruze came out.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 01:10 PM   #66
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodewd
gentleman,

in the product life cycle the advertising is all spent at the start.
I agree 100%!! So tell me where is EcoLPi & EcoBoost in its product life cycle again????

Go auto pretty much confirmed in one of there articles yesterday (directly by Ford them self) they wont be any main stream advertising for Falcon, just virtal stuff. Very **** week if you ask me!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #67
turbodewd
FG Falcon fan

hmm...true joe.

perhaps they should have an ad featuring both of them.
turbodewd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #68
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie muscle
you are, mazda run car ads often, ever seen the cheetah running down the road? (second only to jeep in frequency). they don't say anything about the engine, just that it's a fun car to own, and it's both powerful and economical.
umm, thats mazda cx5 not mazda3. and speaking of jeep, how are their sales going? they run many ads also which apparently automatically equates to many sales!!

these threads are funny. obviously ford forums is female as they even have a 'that time of the month' episode every month.
prydey is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #69
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey
umm, thats mazda cx5 not mazda3. and speaking of jeep, how are their sales going? they run many ads also which apparently automatically equates to many sales!!
Unless you have sales numbers we dont know.. Are there sales going up or down? So we dont have numbers, so I dont understand your point? Jeep aren't going to be the best seller, just becuase they have TV adds, but if salles are going up, then its working!!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #70
prydey
Rob

i don't see how they could be working. the ads don't tell me what engines they are running or anything....
Old 02-05-2012, 05:35 PM   #71
burnz
VFII SS UTE

advertising: does it work?
yeah i think it does...

people buy the new maccas meal because they avertised it.
you went and watch the latest movie because it was advertised.

two ads from mazda, zoom zoom zoom that insinuates a peppy cay.
the other: put ear to the ground tapping his hand on the tar as a heart beat, 16 valve double overhead cam 140kw blah blah blah.
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #72
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnz
advertising: does it work?
yeah i think it does...

people buy the new maccas meal because they avertised it.
you went and watch the latest movie because it was advertised.
comparing something worth less than $10 with something worth $40000+ is hardly accurate, even if it were true.

if someone is after a new car, they will already have decided what size car they want before they settle for a particular brand.

there seems to be a belief on here that joe 'new car buyer' public actually cares about cylinder count or power and torque and performance data. about the only 'numbers' people will look at these days is fuel economy.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #73
mcnews
Trev

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Trev has owned several boosted fords and has really contributed a lot of info on them. His posts in the bike section are also very helpful. I think he should be recognised as a technical contributor. 

Most people just remember ELs and droopy styling along with all the crap Falcons along the way to getting here rather than actually sampling something BF onwards, they wrote Ford off more than a decade ago and their attitude can't change because they bought a Mazda or Subaru or something and got treated well and had a good new car experience so would never go back to an Aussie manufacturer again etc.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #74
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

these threads are funny. obviously ford forums is female as they even have a 'that time of the month' episode every month.

Jeep has had a massive increase in sales, I think the highest increase in the market.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #75
BHDOGS
Banned

[QUOTE=mcnews]Most people just remember ELs and droopy styling along with all the crap Falcons along the way to getting here rather than actually sampling something BF onwards, they wrote Ford off more than a decade ago and their attitude can't change because they bought a Mazda or Subaru or something and got treated well and had a good new car experience so would never go back to an Aussie manufacturer again etc.[/QUOTE

Els got me into fords there the prettiest looking car by far and outsold there Holden equivalents unlike the bfs
BHDOGS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #76
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnews
Most people just remember ELs and droopy styling along with all the crap Falcons along the way to getting here rather than actually sampling something BF onwards, they wrote Ford off more than a decade ago and their attitude can't change because they bought a Mazda or Subaru or something and got treated well and had a good new car experience so would never go back to an Aussie manufacturer again etc.
What a load of crap...

EA'EL's were a good period for the Falcon...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 07:58 PM   #77
ras351

Quote:
Originally Posted by duaned
" It's not the No.1 selling car in australia at the moment for no reason, a real no brainer."
Mmm, interesting.
A real no brainer all right. Totally agree with people acting more like sheep.
ras351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:41 PM   #78
Bossxr8
Peter Car

There was a 10 day shutdown over Easter which kept numbers lower, but still very disappointing.

Falcon keeps dropping every month and Ford seem content to let it happen it seems. If they truly cared they would run a big advertising campaign to give it a chance.

I just can't understand spending 10's of millions of dollars fitting the LPi and Ecoboost engines to Falcon and then not even bother advertising it to the masses to make them aware of what they have done. Just staggering incompetence.

The writing's well and truly on the wall though, they have even now said they will just advertise Focus and Ranger and other imports, and by that let Falcon and Territory fade into insignificance, making the decision to cull easier.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #79
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

At current sales level Ford would have to basically cut production in half from 209/day,
if you're following that logic, then the cost to production worker's jobs will become quite obvious....
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #80
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
There was a 10 day shutdown over Easter which kept numbers lower, but still very disappointing.

Falcon keeps dropping every month and Ford seem content to let it happen it seems. If they truly cared they would run a big advertising campaign to give it a chance.

I just can't understand spending 10's of millions of dollars fitting the LPi and Ecoboost engines to Falcon and then not even bother advertising it to the masses to make them aware of what they have done. Just staggering incompetence.
The government subsidises development not marketing, you think Ford would put their own money in advertising Falcon?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #81
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
The government subsidises development not marketing, you think Ford would put their own money in advertising Falcon?
They are diverting most of the advertising dollars to Focus and Ranger, they have given up on Falcon.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #82
prydey
Rob

Quote:

Falcon keeps dropping every month and Ford seem content to let it happen it seems.
another one of the things you like to say a lot. lets have a look at the facts shall we
Jan - 931
Feb - 1192
March - 1275
April - 1008 (apparently - figures not yet released) if you factor in the 10 day easter shutdown, this figure isn't too bad and is probably continuing the slight upward trend.

so falcon isn't dropping every month like pessimists like you keep proclaiming. i know you work at ford but the stuff you spread you're basically killing your own job.

you guys always go on about advertising. well guess what the most successful form of advertising is!! - word of mouth!! so many on here do nothing but continually bag a fantastic product and then get all hormonal each month when sales data is released and then go saying stuff that isn't even correct.

Last edited by prydey; 02-05-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:16 PM   #83
stevz
Banned

Forget Holden buyers, its Mazda buyers who are the new breed of sheep.
stevz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #84
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:
another one of the things you like to say a lot. lets have a look at the facts shall we
Jan - 931
Feb - 1192
March - 1275
April - 1008 (apparently - figures not yet released)

Is april a usually poor month?

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 02-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #85
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikked
Is april a usually poor month?
it is a slightly shorter month due to easter and anzac day. according to bossxr8 there was a 10 day shutdown over easter. seems a lot. maybe its a typo. if its not a typo, then 1008 units isn't that bad for 2/3's of a month.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #86
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Jan - 931
Feb - 1192
March - 1275
April - 1008 (apparently - figures not yet released) if you factor in the 10 day easter shutdown, this figure isn't too bad and is probably continuing the slight upward trend.

so falcon isn't dropping every month like pessimists like you keep proclaiming. i know you work at ford but the stuff you spread you're basically killing your own job.

you guys always go on about advertising. well guess what the most successful form of advertising is!! - word of mouth!! so many on here do nothing but continually bag a fantastic product and then get all hormonal each month when sales data is released and then go saying stuff that isn't even correct.
But Jan and Feb are always quiet months, so it should be a big increase over those months, not 100 or so extra sales, which is only really 1-2 days production.

As for killing my job, that ship has already sailed. Ford know it too, which is why they now choose to divert their advertising budget to cars that will sell in strong markets, not dead ones like large cars.

And it seems Commodore dropped way down to around 2000 sales, so its grim news for them too. The large car market is being whipped badly.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #87
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

How many falcons are exported?

Whats New Zealand's sales?

\≡≡T≡≡/
Old 02-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #88
prydey
Rob

Quote:
But Jan and Feb are always quiet months, so it should be a big increase over those months, not 100 or so extra sales, which is only really 1-2 days production.
why should it be a big jump? the large car segment is in decline. can't expect sales to spike back to what they were yesteryear. 1000-1500 will be the norm with the odd spike up and down.

Quote:
As for killing my job, that ship has already sailed. Ford know it too,
personally i think that is just your opinion. it may even be an educated one but it is a guess nonetheless. ford have confirmed local production until 2016 with a 2014 update. they made this commitment with the sales how they are.

Quote:
And it seems Commodore dropped way down to around 2000 sales, so its grim news for them too. The large car market is being whipped badly.
this also shows that the so called 'fans' unfairly target the falcon. if those figures are correct for commodore then the whole segment suffered a similar story, not just one model.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:11 PM   #89
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
it is a slightly shorter month due to easter and anzac day. according to bossxr8 there was a 10 day shutdown over easter. seems a lot. maybe its a typo. if its not a typo, then 1008 units isn't that bad for 2/3's of a month.
There fact we are now saying 1008 "isn't that bad" is a very very very sad day for Falcon!!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #90
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASH GT
I think they send most of those Mitsubishis down the road from you to Pittsworth... No idea why but everytime i go through that place they have a ******** of tritons sitting around the place.

I think farms go for Tritons, simply because of the warranty and cheap buy in.
Local Mitsubishi dealer most likely. An old boss bought his out there.

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post