Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-01-2009, 10:12 PM   #61
Saiken
Cobra Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDB
It's just as well there wasn't because my "Just a Ford" is my pride and joy and I spend hours upon hours trying to keep it in perfect condition only for some pig with not respect to trash it. As I said I was extremely close to keying it, I didn't because it's a carpark where I park my car all the time at work and wouldn't want her coming back another day and doing something similar to my car.
Man.... i hold the door open for people if my car is near someone else's, with my hand between my car doors and the other car to make sure people don't scratch my door :P or dint the other car.

And my "Just a Ford" is garaged and kept under a car cover..... (yes i know its "only" an EF but i paid for it with my money!) so if someone did something like that i'd take down their details and report it.
FOR SALE1996 EF Series 2 Fairmont Ghia | Ported and Polished Head with Bigger Valves and Springs, Wade 1636, AU Head Gasket, 3.45 LSD, Shift Kitted Auto, RDA Slotted Rotors, QFM Performance Pads,Hornet Scooped Bonnet :evil3: , Custom CAI

Cobra Motorsports
Saiken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #62
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

at the end of the day im not over concerned with a dint if people are prepared to acknowledge they done it and left a note .thats the big drama .and surely it isn't rocket science for the car park admin to work out, open said door on average large vehicle fully ,yep heaps of room, line here boys .my patrol on a good park is real lucky to have six inch's a side to open doors ,the falcon the same .i think most would be avoided if the parks were a little more generous .length is another try and get a fairlane in a parallel park not real fun .
Old 14-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #63
atec77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEB
it's bullsh*t isn't it. i was sitting in my car in a public carpark (which angled sideways) with my missus and there was a big landcruiser next to me. for some reason i had a feeling that the door was going to hit my car. i dunno why. i have dark window tint so people cant see in. when the person comes to the car and the passenger goes to jump they open the door and let go of it and because of the angle it slams into my car. they just like glance over then went to jump in the car. at this point i was ****ed off and wound the window down and said "OI! your door just hit my car mate!" you should've seen the look on the guys face. he was like "oh there is no damage though" i got out and had a close inspection. lucky there wasn't. he was like "you don't need to get worked up" i was like "bullsh*t. you didn't even aknowledge that you hit it. lucky there isn't any damage" at that point the driver just started the car and drove off. gutless piece of crap
Was parked in a kmart recently in the R100 , bright red and very dark tint with a decent body kit and a recent restoration . Woman on the passenger side unlocks her beaters driver door and smacks the passenger door in the R100 , wife winds the window down and gets into the other woman , who promptly tells her to f/o , wife gets out and discusses it further (wife is a 6ft cranky brunette) other woman falls down HARD
So sometimes there is justice but I still have a 100mm scratch in the door skin which will take a long time to repair as the red perl is a mongrel to match
atec77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:54 PM   #64
Papa Smurf
Donating Member
Donating Member2

I had similar things happen when I owned a Honda CBR 1000F, people would park so close or they would muck around on it and so many times I came back to it and it had been knocked over, obviosuly by some moron who couldn't see it and reversed into it.

Understand Ovakil how you feel : :the_finge
Papa Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 10:58 PM   #65
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiken
That would make the kid .... 19 now :P, should have their own car now... maybe its payback time
HE drives a VK Commodore, lifes already bad enough for him, but his mate drives a mock eb XR6 which is why we think they done the de badging.........
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:01 PM   #66
Gobes32
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf
I had similar things happen when I owned a Honda CBR 1000F, people would park so close or they would muck around on it and so many times I came back to it and it had been knocked over, obviosuly by some moron who couldn't see it and reversed into it.

Understand Ovakil how you feel : :the_finge
Dad's mate used to own early 6o's Harley Shovel Head(????) that was pretty popular wherever he parked it, used to come out of a cafe or whatnot and there would be some jerk trying his bike out for size.......Now to me, that is one of the rudest things you can do!!!!
Gobes32 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #67
Withnail

yeah its not uncommon to come back and find my bike has fingerprints on the tank from some cretin sitting on it while its parked....

To the OP - if it makes you feel any better my car hadn't even reached its 3000km checkup and some pillock ran a nice long scratch right along the back when (I think) walking past. Think it was from their jacket zipper or buckle or something. There's just nothing you can do about it!
Withnail is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:28 PM   #68
duaned
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
You could always park over 2 parking bays....Solves the problem...but a little immoral.

Sorry to hear about your car mate. Happens to me all the time. Some are so blazen, they bang the door on the panels while your sitting in the car!
My father does this all the time! However, he usually gets something in return for his efforts. He's had chocolate milk tipped on his car, nasty notes, eggs and the list goes on. He is not fazed by all this, he just doesn't want a dent!
duaned is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2009, 11:57 PM   #69
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDfutura25
I have lashed out at the my partner a few times. I go off for a sec and she stays in the car, I get back and she says "that car next to you smashed the door into the car hard enough to rock it", I am like "well did you say anything?" "No I didn't want to" So then we end up in an argument.

A good experience once but, a womans kid hit m car with the door, she was in a POS and she went off and made them knock on my window and appologise.
My mrs goes over the side of the car with a fine tooth comb every time she gets in if we go to the shops or park around other cars. She knows ill go off if i see a scratch after iv already driven off. wish she was with me at the bank the other day.
At a party abt 3 years ago i had my au2 xr8 parked out the front and some loser that was to scared to come to me with a problem, decided to take to my car with a screw driver. Slammed it into the bonnet and dragged it all the way up the right side to the boot and then back to the bonnet again. It was right down to the metal. I know who the gutless wonder was(the mrs ex). The best pay back for me was i saw him 2 months later after i had it respayed and i spotted him crossing the road. I planted it to hit him and he jumped off the road just in time. I flicked it around and parked the car on the side of the road where he was walking. I jumped out and stood next to the car. He crossed the road like a little girl. I yelled out to him and thanked him for my new paint job as the car needed one and the insurance excess was only $350. lol.
F6 R Spec #130 Winter White 6 Speed Manual. 373rwkws on 16psi

OvaKil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #70
Daymoe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I bet this will happen to me one day, my car will get damaged by some disrespectful half wit.

Knowing my luck it most likely will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
ive got the weight gain bit mastered, Colonel Sanders is my personal trainer.

As to weight loss, nah, im a fat bastard and proud of it, im going to die from a massive heart attack, for theres nothing worse then lying around in hospital dying from nothing.
Daymoe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 01:17 AM   #71
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

there`s plenty of scumbags out there, and not just in car parks, i was in the front yard mucking around i heard a couple of teenagers comin up the street ,one was very noisey jumping up and down off peoples brick fences, i had a feeling the little sod was gonna do something, he had`nt seen me at the end of the driveway .....i caught him just about to jump on my car bonnet, he had taken a big sqaut stance and was about to jump, i bellowed at him GO ON SEE WHAT HAPPENS,.... i reckon he nearly pooed his pants on the spot , have never seen the kid since.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 01:47 AM   #72
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

had run ins with the teeny boppers at Marion, I'm pretty frequent there and the car is too. I know some of the teenys love touching/sitting around it sometimes. I effing hate it. It takes hours to clean my xr. They grub it up. So one time me and two mates decided to hide upstairs n surprise them. Tank tops n all(nothing helps like tats n tanktops when scaring the teenys) approached the kids n boxed em in, bout 9 of them. We started with the whole scaring, swearing thing made sure they stay away. I parted them with words " look but don't touch, cos next fingerprint I see I won't be so nice to you. " think they got point.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 03:04 AM   #73
BA GT-HO
Bring back Ambrose!

Reminds me of a cousin of a person I went to school with. He used to buy $500 crap heaps and go around the suburbs sideswiping Mercs, BMWs and whatever else took his fancy. Class Act. He ended up having a pretty bad accident one day in a done up car. Karma?
BA GT-HO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 07:19 AM   #74
axeray

People just don't care these days.
axeray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 07:32 AM   #75
Unco
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you can't have anything these days. i used to park in the street near sutherland station when i lived in sydney. every afternoon when i got back to my car, i would almost always find a new scratch or someone else's paint on my bumpers. lucky i was driving an old celica. waited till i moved to brisbane to have the bumpers resprayed.

up here i hardly ever have to park in the street, so i don't have to put up with stuff like that as much.

as for the suggestion to take up 2 spots at shopping centres. whoever does this, it's only a matter of time until you come back to a car with flat tyres... or even worse... slashed tyres. happens all the time.
Unco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #76
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

shocking about the bmw n mercs...
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 10:32 AM   #77
dave289
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA GT-HO
Reminds me of a cousin of a person I went to school with. He used to buy $500 crap heaps and go around the suburbs sideswiping Mercs, BMWs and whatever else took his fancy. Class Act. He ended up having a pretty bad accident one day in a done up car. Karma?
that lowlife needs a good punch to the head and then keep repeating.

once I was in my old na fairlane, bit of a battle tank that I only paid $1,100 for many years ago.was parked at eastgardens one day.I had parked my car along side other facing the wall, other cars in the carpark were facing each other in rows adjacent.when I returned to my car a little madza 121 or similiar with a L plate on had gone and parked on the edge off all the other cars because it was full(outside the designated parking lines)this blocked my fairlane reversing out of the adjacent spot.so I back up as close as I can to it rest my bar on his and then pushed the car about 8 meters from where it was so that is was completely blocking one off the parking eiles.would have have loved to see there face when they came back,probably coped damage from other people then annoyed at it blocking the parking eile completely.when i reversed back with this other car against the fairlane it did not even feel as thought i was pushing anything,felt lick i was just reversing the failane on its own yet the other car probably hand it in park or gear with the handbrake on. oh well next time dont teach your L plater to park not only where you should not but as to block others in, tool got theirs.
dave289 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #78
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch33z1l
You could always park over 2 parking bays....Solves the problem...but a little immoral.
While I understand the reasoning behind this, you need to be careful doing this. It shows everyone around that you have the same disregard for others as dinting the car door of the guy parked next to you.

I mean, how would you feel if you were driving around a shopping centre carpark attempting to find a park to do your shopping, yet while circulating around said carpark for the last 30 minutes, you have driven past some tool who was taking up several!
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #79
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay
While I understand the reasoning behind this, you need to be careful doing this. It shows everyone around that you have the same disregard for others as dinting the car door of the guy parked next to you.

I mean, how would you feel if you were driving around a shopping centre carpark attempting to find a park to do your shopping, yet while circulating around said carpark for the last 30 minutes, you have driven past some tool who was taking up several!
I agree. I have seen some cars get keyed just for doing this alone especially in a busy shopping centre car park.

I reckon if you wanna reduce the risk of any damage, dont park in those shopping centre carparks and park down some side street instead.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 01:26 PM   #80
OvaKil
ANARCHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craiginmackay

I only ever park over 2 spots when theres heaps of spots around coz it stops them parking next to you for no reason. And when i do it i park at the furthest away from the entrance to the shops.
F6 R Spec #130 Winter White 6 Speed Manual. 373rwkws on 16psi

OvaKil is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #81
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Is it me or acting revenge on the persons car puts you in the same class?
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #82
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Not just you there Minge.

What's wrong with taking their details? If they refuse then do what I did, go to the Police and make a report about it. That way you get your car fixed and the satisfaction of screwing them.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #83
89.SVO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by atec77
Was parked in a kmart recently in the R100 , bright red and very dark tint with a decent body kit and a recent restoration . Woman on the passenger side unlocks her beaters driver door and smacks the passenger door in the R100 , wife winds the window down and gets into the other woman , who promptly tells her to f/o , wife gets out and discusses it further (wife is a 6ft cranky brunette) other woman falls down HARD
So sometimes there is justice but I still have a 100mm scratch in the door skin which will take a long time to repair as the red perl is a mongrel to match
man! pearl paint
89.SVO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #84
Fordfan4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laminge
Yeah it does, but doing it makes you feel so much better.
Or maybe we are all just short tempered violent people that like to get our own back.
Say you took your TE parked it somewhere, saw someone walk past with a hand bag and scratch it, or saw someone leaning against it and denting a panel, or better yet saw someone kick a dent into it or key it and run off?
What would you do? (as a real person not a hero on here playing good boy mod)
Me: What button?
Officer: The button for the clutch!!!
Me: [laughing so hard it hurts]
Fordfan4u is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 02:30 PM   #85
XR6TCraig
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfan4u
Until you get charged for malicious damage.
XR6TCraig is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #86
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
Or maybe we are all just short tempered violent people that like to get our own back.
Say you took your TE parked it somewhere, saw someone walk past with a hand bag and scratch it, or saw someone leaning against it and denting a panel, or better yet saw someone kick a dent into it or key it and run off?
This isn't going to end well at all.
Old 15-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #87
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

Quote:

It makes you feel better than what, Vegemite and stray dogs? please

You amuse me, no warrant for a further reply

Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #88
Fordfan4u

FUNNY did you take that pic in the mirror?

The only reason I say what I did earlier, is because everyone says what we 'should' do like they are the perfect example with what is the right thing to do. I've had cars damaged in the past. Bricks thrown at them, spray painted on and what not. Ive been to police over it, sometimes with names/regos/ hell even a phone number once.
You know what happened? Nothing, and I tried to do the right thing.
If its an accident, I completely understand provided the parties involved do the right thing. But if someone intentionally wrecks/ or does wreck it and does a runner like most do..... well yeah my wheel brace story covers that.
Funnily enough, never been done for malicious damage.
Old 15-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #89
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Quote:
FUNNY did you take that pic in the mirror?

The only reason I say what I did earlier, is because everyone says what we 'should' do like they are the perfect example with what is the right thing to do. I've had cars damaged in the past. Bricks thrown at them, spray painted on and what not. Ive been to police over it, sometimes with names/regos/ hell even a phone number once.
You know what happened? Nothing, and I tried to do the right thing.
If its an accident, I completely understand provided the parties involved do the right thing. But if someone intentionally wrecks/ or does wreck it and does a runner like most do..... well yeah my wheel brace story covers that.
Funnily enough, never been done for malicious damage.
A wheel brace hey? Nice one!

Tried anger management classes yet? How about growing up?
Old 15-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #90
Fordfan4u

Russell = Perfect example what we should do brigade.
You surely cant be that short sighted living in a little fairy tale land can you?
You are obviously just picking out ammo from my posts to fire back rather than reading the whole thing.
Not everything you ever want goes perfectly and the way it should.
Cars get dents, people dont leave notes, I feel sorry for OvaKil and alot of others in here. It happens.
Sadly, alot of the time theres nothing we can or anyone can do about it, Police included. Sometimes, its just easier taking it into your own hands. Like some did that posted in this thread.

Oh anger managment was alright til I hit my psychiatrist with a wheel brace lol ;)