Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #181
loony888

Default Re: Speed Limit Tolerances to be Lowered in QLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
So who would hand out demerit points under your system, the extra 1000 cops that no one wants to be, and don't tell me that's due to public perception either.

truth is, without speed cameras it would be a free for all.
this will probably be edited out as "off topic" but in reply, the public perception of our police force is driven by two things, 1, political policy, the tasks, such as booking people for 3kph over as an example. and 2, because of the way certain police officers conduct themselves, whether it be in the enthusiasm with which they execute political policy or their "do as i say not as i do" attitude. Another example of that is seeing plod using a mobile phone or worse, texting while in uniform in a marked car. Ahh, but we have a higher level of training they say, how does training effect being distracted? which is the main reason using a phone attracts 3 demerit points and over $300 in fines for joe public......

Enforcing laws while practicing the same stunts is a double standard, and the fact that it's allowed just adds to the stigma that hangs over police, the arrogance and condescending tone that reeks from a probationary constable half my age when i stop for an RBT or licence check (usually on my bike) does nothing for their image or acceptance either.
Old 22-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #182
badasgof
Starter Motor

As a interstate driver it amuses me to say it is NEVER THE ROAD CONDITION AT FAULT as other members that drive for a living, you see some very very crazy driving in all states. As to the plate on my AU it states that the car complied to the regs of 1998 plus or minus 10 kph so where do I stand get my speedo redone ??????????
badasgof is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #183
chris01
Henry Ford Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO AU XR8 View Post
In Before thread lock. Tolerances are 2km/h for camera and 3km/h for hand held LIDAR.
you'll soon know because of the huge amount of people being booked at 3km/h over the limit - prey tell where did you obtain said info?
chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #184
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
When I started driving, a police officer could estimate your speed and if he believed you
were exceeding the speed limit issue you with either a fine or summons.
He still can, if need be. The radar is supposedly there to back up his estimate (at least this was the case when I last discussed it with HWP a few yeasr back).
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #185
MAD
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris01 View Post
you'll soon know because of the huge amount of people being booked at 3km/h over the limit - prey tell where did you obtain said info?
It's written on our fines.
We have detected speed and alleged speed.
Old 23-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #186
SLO AU XR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris01 View Post
I have a family member who is a traffic officer...
Forced Performance Tuned
SLO AU XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #187
martinijosh
▇ ▅ █ ▅ ▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▅ ▃ ▅ ▅

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Excellent guide for headlamp repair. 

Quote:
I know a guy who knows a guy who met the guy that made it all happen. Well not "met" exactly, but observed from a distance. Solid source.
Headlights don't work in your B Series? Here's how to fix it!
martinijosh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #188
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinijosh View Post
I know a guy who knows a guy who met the guy that made it all happen. Well not "met" exactly, but observed from a distance. Solid source.
I, personally, have been pulled over in my datto by an officer attached to the Waffen SS, I mean STTF, for doing 102 in a 100 zone and although not ticketed was given a huge serve over how the limit was 100 not one km/h over.

Please note that his checking of my speed was against the speed on his motorcycle from at least 400m behind me.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #189
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist View Post
I, personally, have been pulled over in my datto by an officer attached to the Waffen SS, I mean STTF, for doing 102 in a 100 zone and although not ticketed was given a huge serve over how the limit was 100 not one km/h over.

Please note that his checking of my speed was against the speed on his motorcycle from at least 400m behind me.
It makes you wonder when the head whallopper comes on TV and says 19 deaths attributed to speeding
as being the trigger for tightening the lower threshold for speeding infringements.

Those not of feeble mind should see right through this latest public stunt as a government crying out for increased revenue
and if bilking motorists is their plan then good luck at the next election and good luck convincing drivers to use those new
tollways laced with speeding cameras. I think the government has just shot themselves in the foot financially........
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #190
chris01
Henry Ford Fan Club

Quote:
don't believe any decision has been made yet - and the C.O.P. is full of it...
2 km/h, that's lower than Victoria. don't believe it

Last edited by chris01; 25-06-2013 at 09:58 PM.
chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #191
noflac52
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son View Post
He still can, if need be. The radar is supposedly there to back up his estimate (at least this was the case when I last discussed it with HWP a few yeasr back).
Estimating speed by human observation has been tested in the past and has been proven to be very unreliable.
noflac52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post