Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-03-2020, 11:15 PM   #211
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Coronavirus Closes 5 Hyundai Factories.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/figh...07-p547sx.html

We'll get back to industrial production in a minute.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:20 PM   #212
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWasp View Post
Hang on guys,

You told me to stock up on toilet paper, now your saying I should also stock up on petrol. Where am I going to put it?

There has been too much violence, too much pain.

None here are without sin.

I am gravely disappointed.

Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war.

Look at what remains of your gallant scouts.

Why? Because you're selfish!

You hoard your gasoline.

Now, my prisoners say

you plan to take your gasoline out of the Wasteland.

You sent them out this morning to find a vehicle.

A rig big enough to haul that fat tank of gas.

What a puny plan!

Look around you.

This is the Valley of Death.

See!

Nothing can escape! The Humungus rules the Wasteland!

But I have an honorable compromise.

Just walk away.

Give me the pump ,the oil ,the gasoline ,and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives.

Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in the Wasteland.

Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

I await your answer.

You have one full day to decide.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:58 PM   #213
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

60 minutes on right now discussing the Chinese appetite for "exotic" animal meat.

What a bunch of racists!! Discussing what is happening in the real China and the Chinese people's disgusting eating habits.

Such racists!
Tickford. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2020, 03:29 PM   #214
wackyv8
wackyv8

not Hyundai , news , but nissan .
Nissan Motor Co’s .. vehicle sales in China, its biggest market, dropped 80% in February as coronavirus concerns sapped demand, in another blow to the carmaker which is struggling to recover from a profit free fall.
...But commuting bans and road closures in many Chinese regions in February has led to a slowdown in production since last month, curbing output and raising risks to the automaker’s global supply chain.
source - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-n...-idUSKBN20W108
wackyv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 10-03-2020, 07:58 PM   #215
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

An early, or an extended Easter school holidays for the kids is very likely as the VIC Government announce their containment plans, which includes closing ALL schools. Major sporting events to either be postponed or to go ahead with no fans.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-...phase/12042780

The likelihood of a recession is getting ever so closer.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:23 PM   #216
Bossxr8
Peter Car

What's the point of closing schools in towns with zero reported cases? Blanket closures is just taking it too far at the moment.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2020, 02:59 PM   #217
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Some 40 people in Iran have drunk themselves to death because of an urban myth that alcohol cures / wards off corona virus...

How can people be so bloody stupid???

Then again, I got a message a few weeks ago in FB stating that a concoction high in garlic also did the trick.

A friend in China has posted that local media claims coronavirus is under control and that numbers are on the decline... So, people are apparently happily out and about with minimal mask wearing.

What rot.... What will the numbers be this time next week? 200,000 cases? 6,000 deaths? All Aussie schools locked down?

Italy is up poo creek, wonder how many surrounding nations will follow seeing as they had few restrictions crossing boarders.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2020, 03:03 PM   #218
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
What's the point of closing schools in towns with zero reported cases? Blanket closures is just taking it too far at the moment.
To 'be seen' as doing something calms the public. A calm public is easier to control.

The 60 minutes article just last weekend past showed the presenter wearing one of those painting masks Bunnings sells 10 for $2.

Totally useless, but hey it looked the part I guess.

Had he not wore the mask the backlash would have been far worse.

Old 11-03-2020, 03:35 PM   #219
xr8territory
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Relax ( unless your older 70 ). Most of us are going to catch it, and live. Many older people will die.
XW UTE, XW FAIRMONT, XT GT, XT Fairmont, EF XR8, XH XR8 UTE, XH XR8 UTE, AU UTE, Renault Scenic, XF UTE, BA XR8 UTE, TERRITORY, Chrysler Voyager, WS FIESTA ZETEC,TERRITORY TITANIUM, BA UTE, Nissan Pathfinder, AU Falcon Forte, BA XR8 UTE.
xr8territory is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 03:54 PM   #220
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Nothing for me to worry about at 69 Years old.
Just to be sure I disinfect with alcohol and nicotine with the added bonus of being a bit of a hermit.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 03:55 PM   #221
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
The 60 minutes article just last weekend past showed the presenter wearing one of those painting masks Bunnings sells 10 for $2.
Do people still actually still watch that
Old 11-03-2020, 06:32 PM   #222
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
To 'be seen' as doing something calms the public. A calm public is easier to control.
Indeed, like the sadly embraced concept of “security theatre”.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #223
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Just a thought. If Hillary was president, 'muricans could/would be running around like headless chooks rioting, looting, National guard everywhere enforcing curfew, militias deployed trying to maintain security, cities and towns blocked off etc.

Trump is playing down the pandemic; not because he doesn't believe it, but to maintain order and prevent a major social and economic meltdown that would no doubt cripple many countries for some time. Again, just a thought.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 11-03-2020, 09:53 PM   #224
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
Not an issue, during a lockdown no one will be driving.

Wonder how this works with essential services.

Some people will have to be out working otherwise more issues will arise.

Quote:
That's the thing, do you overreact now and get it under control asap or wait for it to get bad then struggle to get it under control?

Both ways have positives and negatives.
Ben73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2020, 02:08 AM   #225
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

[QUOTE=Yellow_Festiva;6410752]To 'be seen' as doing something calms the public. A calm public is easier to control.

The problem is though, that it depends on what the people see. If they see the situation looking deadly, then panic does indeed set in. Bad reporting, as we have seen also creates panic.

Take the toilet paper issue. That is not going away. My daughters work in two separate big name stores, which were "raided" by stupid shoppers again yesterday. At one, people were pushing staff out of the way to get to the trolley, while staff were trying to pack the shelves.

Let me say here, if any of you on this forum are a toilet paper hoarder, well, you're a bloody idiot. Sorry if that offends, but...…..
Old 12-03-2020, 09:05 AM   #226
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben73 View Post
Wonder how this works with essential services.

Some people will have to be out working otherwise more issues will arise.

That's the thing, do you overreact now and get it under control asap or wait for it to get bad then struggle to get it under control?

Both ways have positives and negatives.
The real issue is the very high fatality rates the virus has on the elderly, or people with pre-existing respiratory problems, this means hundreds of thousands if not millions of Australians are at risk. Our ICU facilities will be overwhelmed with hundreds let alone thousands of cases.

It is a public health issue first and foremost. COVID-19 is highly contagious, undetectable and easily transmissible from person to person the only effective measure is to stop it from spreading and have the Virus ‘die’ because it can not find new hosts.

There will be quarantines/lockdowns beginning with COVID-19 hotspots this is inevitable. You’ve seen what people do regarding TP, what happens next?

On a plus side our GovCo has had the last 3-5 weeks preparing for this.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2020, 09:46 AM   #227
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Corona is now a Pandemic:

Quote:
World Health Organisation declares coronavirus COVID-19 a pandemic

Coronavirus has officially been declared a pandemic by the World Health Organisation (WHO).

WHO director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said the number of cases outside of China had increased 13-fold in the past two weeks, but added "all countries can change the course of this pandemic".

The announcement came as the death rate attributed to the disease in Italy, the worst-hit country outside China, passed 6 per cent, the WHO said.

Hundreds of people are being treated for COVID-19 in Italian intensive care units.

Dr Tedros maintained the use of the word pandemic to describe the outbreak would not change the organisation's response.

"We are deeply concerned both by the alarming levels of spread and severity and by the alarming levels of inaction," he said.

"We have therefore made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterised as a pandemic."

In the past two weeks the number of cases outside China had risen 13-fold, and the number of countries affected had tripled, Dr Tedros said.

The coronavirus, which emerged in China in December, has spread around the world, halting industry, bringing flights to a standstill, closing schools and forcing the postponement of sporting events and concerts.

The WHO declared a public health emergency of international concern, its "highest level of alarm", on January 30 when there were fewer than 100 cases of COVID-19 outside China and eight cases of human-to-human transmission of the disease.

Now there are more than 118,000 cases in 114 countries and 4,291 people have died, with the numbers expected to climb.

Dr Tedros called on all countries to take "urgent and aggressive action".
"We cannot say this loudly enough, or clearly enough, or often enough: all countries can still change the course of this pandemic," he said.

"Ready your hospitals, protect and train your health workers, and let's all look out for each other because we need each other."

Death toll in Italy rises

Illustrating the severity and speed of the spread of the virus, Italian officials said the country now had 12,462 infections, a rise of more than 2,000, with 827 deaths.
They attributed the one-day increase to the heavily impacted Lombardy region not fully reporting its numbers on Tuesday.

Dr Mike Ryan, WHO's emergencies chief, gave a blunt warning about the urgency of the public health emergency.

"Iran and Italy are in the frontline now. They're suffering, but I guarantee you other countries will be in that situation soon."

Dr Ryan said the experience of South Korea, Singapore, and China in combating the new virus showed it could be controllable.

"We have observation that tells us that there is a strong element of controllability in this disease," he said.

"That doesn't mean we will completely stop it but what it does mean is there is a real chance to blunt the curve, there is a real chance to bend the curve and reduce the number of cases that our health system has to cope with and give the health system a chance to save more lives."
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world...cid=spartanntp

Old 12-03-2020, 09:50 AM   #228
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Woolies will not issue refunds to hoarders that have a sudden change of mind.

Good. It's not like it's perishable stuff anyway... it will eventually get used up unless the shoppers were ultra greedy and bought massive amounts with the intention of on selling.

Besides - they wouldn't have anywhere to put the TP if it was mostly returned.

Old 12-03-2020, 09:54 AM   #229
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

I reckon some players were hedging on it. Buy a pallet worth, advertise it for 2-300% markup, return the unsold for a refund. Money for jam if you don’t have a stripe of common decency.

Maybe these profiteers should stock up on Bunnies tarps in case the pop-up morgues run out.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2020, 10:47 AM   #230
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

They sure know how to spin these numbers.

A couple of weeks ago I was reading the corona virus was killing just a few % of people unlucky enough to catch it now today I'm reading that in the US it's killing more like 75% of those infected.
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6
Click on the US, 37 dead Vs 8 recovered.

I hope I'm interpreting it wrongly.
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #231
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap View Post
The real issue is the very high fatality rates the virus has on the elderly, or people with pre-existing respiratory problems, this means hundreds of thousands if not millions of Australians are at risk. Our ICU facilities will be overwhelmed with hundreds let alone thousands of cases.
You wouldn't happen to be a journalist would you?
Old 12-03-2020, 11:39 AM   #232
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
The media have created the most successful biological attack on the planet in history. They have created an economic impact all over the place. Their media blitz has been successful in screwing stuff up. The media will create a recession, or so they hope.

According to the CDC, Covid-19 will only have a minor impact on your average person. It's only people with heart and respiratory issues, the severely old and immune compromised likely to be impacted - the same people who'd likely suffer dire effects from a severe flu strain.

I'd take anything from WHO with a shovel load of salt, this is the same globalist agenda organisation stating back in Aug '09 that 2 billion would be affected by H1N1, of which WHO overstated that target 10 fold after H1N1 passed.
4 users like this post:
Old 12-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #233
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Italy have the highest number of elderly people in Europe, just saying.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #234
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The one issue the government and health agencies aren't offering advise on is a treatment protocol. Their recommendation is to go see your GP. Like your GP is able to help. The Chinese in Wuhan are administering IV Vitamin C, up to 50000 units per day. Folk are leaving hospital 7-10 days after admission almost fully recovered. Which of the 100 or so pop up clinics set up by the government is directing patient to receive that treatment?
Old 12-03-2020, 12:39 PM   #235
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
I'm not sure why you would ask such a thing, but no I'm not a journalist. There is plenty of data that indicates the high-risk COVID-19 has to older people. Case Fatality Rates in the 3-6% range. Majority of these fatalities are in the older population demographic.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2020, 01:04 PM   #236
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Why are we globally, still allowing flights between countries?

Wouldn't it be better to shut airports for a few weeks to stop it spreading between countries? Or is it cause it has such a low fatality rate that no one really cares that much if it spreads?
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #237
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Wouldn't it be better to shut airports for a few weeks to stop it spreading between countries? Or is it cause it has such a low fatality rate that no one really cares that much if it spreads?
The US has just announced a travel ban to Europe for 30 days effective from Friday. UK excluded. Let see if other countries follow suit.
Old 12-03-2020, 01:33 PM   #238
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:

That what they were saying on the radio last night.

What is worse, the looming global financial disaster should we lock everyone up / down for 2-3 weeks or the deaths resulting in just removing all restrictions and letting the virus spread and run its course?

Talk about being stuck between a rock and a hard place...

Old 12-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #239
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
The Chinese in Wuhan are administering IV Vitamin C, up to 50000 units per day. Folk are leaving hospital 7-10 days after admission almost fully recovered. Which of the 100 or so pop up clinics set up by the government is directing patient to receive that treatment?
vitamin C is not a treatment.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2020, 02:13 PM   #240
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:

But this is all a con job, isn't it?? It's all fake, apparently.