Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 03-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #121
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Re: Coronavirus Closes 5 Hyundai Factories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
It's very strange that the Australian government banned flights from Iran, but did not and has not banned flights from South Korea, which has a higher rate of infection??

A work colleague is from South Korea, and is travelling to South Korea in about 10 days for a family members 75th. Back to work a week later. Myself and others have already notified our superiors that we are not comfortable with this. We have asked that he have a month off once back in Australia before coming back to work. If not, we will be having a month off.
I think the main difference is that Sth Korea is a very advanced first world country with world leading medical and research facilities.

If there are checks and balances in place they will be followed to the letter.

I feel that Sth Korea will soon be on the banned list, so your work friend may need to have a plan B up their sleeve.

If I were in their shoes I would self isolate no matter what - would hate to be 'that person' in the work place that people no longer want to be around and talk about behind closed doors.

A letter from the doctor would probably make it covered by sick days as well.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2020, 10:05 PM   #122
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva View Post
Lets face it, China is surrounded by several countries where a $20-50 kickback goes a very long way.

Whats even worse, is that Chinese have lied / misled / bypassed border controls, some with symptoms apparently then bragged and boasted about it on social media....

I hope these people are gathered up and locked away for a very long time.

Such arrogance... thinking the world revolves around them.
Melbourne University was complicit in doing this

Quote:
One of Australia's most prestigious universities is offering cash grants of $7,500 to help Chinese students get around the coronavirus travel ban and resume their studies.

The University of Melbourne is offering the grant to cover eligible expenses including accommodation, airfares and quarantine costs.

But one expert, who has researched Australian universities' "overexposure" to the Chinese student market, said the grants were "morally indefensible".

The offer comes after the University of Western Sydney and Adelaide University offered students smaller amounts of $1,500 and $5,000 respectively.

The grants could enable students to return to Australia by serving a two-week quarantine period in a third country after leaving China.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...dents/12004262

Need that Chinese spondoolies bro, Victoria only does two things

Make ridiculously overpriced coffee
Sell ridiculously overpriced coffee to Chinese university students
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2020, 10:30 PM   #123
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
It's very strange that the Australian government banned flights from Iran, but did not and has not banned flights from South Korea, which has a higher rate of infection??

A work colleague is from South Korea, and is travelling to South Korea in about 10 days for a family members 75th. Back to work a week later. Myself and others have already notified our superiors that we are not comfortable with this. We have asked that he have a month off once back in Australia before coming back to work. If not, we will be having a month off.
I'll have him at work, would be a good way to use some entitlements
Old 04-03-2020, 10:59 AM   #124
Fed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just got our Coles home delivery in, NO TOILET PAPER!

Lesson learned, when they say don't panic it's time to PANIC!
Fed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #125
Falcon SXR8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gum leaves work alright
AU Fairmont
BA MK2 XR6 Turbo
Now
XDUB
Falcon SXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #126
Sprintey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCutOI9F8Ws
Old 04-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #127
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintey View Post
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2020, 12:14 PM   #128
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Q, the bear asked the rabbit, does s.;t stick to your fur?
A, the rabbit says no.
bear says, good.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2020, 12:46 PM   #129
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If not, we will be having a month off.
Paid?
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2020, 01:13 PM   #130
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

My old girl is in her mid 70's and has a cruise booked out of Brisbane to the pacific islands at the end of the month, I told her she's crazy for even thinking about it, only takes one person on hers or any recent cruise that ship has undertaken, to either have or have left behind the bug and she's stuffed.

My Wife works in aged care, one of her colleagues is about to embark on a cruise and we we're discussing it last night, I said she should bring it up with her superiors and question whether someone who's about to spend the best part of 2 weeks in constant close contact with 2000 other guests, any of whom may be in the initial stages of coming down with it, should be asked to stay away from that type of working environment for a period of time to make sure.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 01:23 PM   #131
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo
Melbourne University was complicit in doing this

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-...dents/12004262

Need that Chinese spondoolies bro, Victoria only does two things

Make ridiculously overpriced coffee
Sell ridiculously overpriced coffee to Chinese university students
What a disgrace. I hope these universities take a huge financial hit for putting all their eggs in the chinese student basket.

They steal research and IP too and send it back home. It's rampant in the US college system. Many of them with family links to the communist party have been caught stealing information and sending it back to beijing. They are like a cancer.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #132
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

What is it with everyone raiding the supermarket shelves of all the dunny paper???

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2020, 03:51 PM   #133
xxx000
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So we're back onto the racist rant i see
xxx000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2020, 04:16 PM   #134
Pis-ton broke
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
What is it with everyone raiding the supermarket shelves of all the dunny paper???
i was in woolies today, all stocked up, get to the date roll section, and not one scrap. its the funniest thing and the weridest thing.

only animals get their temperture taken rectualy.
Pis-ton broke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #135
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post

I just can't believe this rush on toilet paper People, please, this is a respiratory illness, not a gastrointestinal illness. Relax.....don't breathe.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:39 PM   #136
GCRXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

only animals get their temperture taken rectualy.[/QUOTE]

So do humans. Just have to hope the thermometer is steralised between patients....particularly if you're next, and you get yours measured orally .
Old 04-03-2020, 04:56 PM   #137
cheap
Wirlankarra yanama

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoval View Post
During the first SARS virus outbreak (again in China). Dunny paper was one of the first things to go and it became very scarce. I suspect with many Chinese people living in Australia, they’d be in daily contact with their families back in China. These folks would be getting first hand news of what life is really like in mainland China and not the filtered garbage from WHO and MSM. Live and learn what is a necessity from previous outbreaks...

An old mate of mine jokingly said over and over, baked beans, toilet paper and bullets would be the new currency for the next revolution/pandemic.
cheap is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2020, 05:04 PM   #138
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fed View Post

We did a quick food shop yesterday as we had been away for a few days, so I said to my wife, let's get some loo paper just in case...

Hmmm...

Funny thing though, I heard on the radio that loo paper is produced locally?
Old 04-03-2020, 05:21 PM   #139
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo Boy View Post
We did a quick food shop yesterday as we had been away for a few days, so I said to my wife, let's get some loo paper just in case...

Hmmm...

Yep the entire bottom row (pun intended ) at our local Woolies was also empty this arvo.

Although the staff doing a floor clean under the racking might have had something to do with it
Old 04-03-2020, 05:37 PM   #140
.:4:.
Kicking back

Pretty soon you'll be hearing of families bog roll rationing. Similar to how one tradesman i worked with as an apprentice was with electrical tape. Each apprentice got 1 roll and only got a new roll when they bought back the empty cardboard former, and got yelled at if they went through too much to quickly.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #141
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

I just witnessed one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a supermarket.
Went down to our local Woolies to grab a few things for the Wife and decided to venture down to the toilet paper section to see what all the fuss is about. Now, from listening to all reports, I was expecting to find one of two things, either the shelves empty or a frenzy that could only be rivalled by the old boxing day sales, well, I couldn't be any further from the truth, what I found could best be described as what you'd see around a drug peddler on the street with people slowly shuffling around looking over their shoulders and whispering to one another about how much to grab and how to get it out.
I was like WTF, its toilet paper and if you're that worried that people think you're a freak for stockpiling it, chances are, you are.

So im standing in the checkout isle and two little Asian ladies are in front of me, they look spent and have their trolleys piled up with their 4 packets of toilet paper rations and the rest of Handy Ultra bloody kitchen towel and I got to thinking, they've probably been to every supermarket within a 50 mile radius and have now resigned themselves to substituting kitchen towel for toilet paper and it made me think, don't worry about Panadol, prescription medication or antivirals, what you're gonna need is liberal amounts of Aloe vera for your red raw **** cheeks.

So I turn to my Son and say in front of half a dozen people, if and when I contract Corona Virus and it becomes so bad that im ****ting through the eye of a needle and therefore would require a stockpile of toilet paper im just going to stand up from the toilet bowl, **** cheeks covered in waste product and run myself a shower.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 06:47 PM   #142
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Let the plebs have toilet paper, real men use baby wipes
2 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 06:57 PM   #143
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENT_8 View Post
I just witnessed one of the funniest things I've ever seen in a supermarket.
Went down to our local Woolies to grab a few things for the Wife and decided to venture down to the toilet paper section to see what all the fuss is about. Now, from listening to all reports, I was expecting to find one of two things, either the shelves empty or a frenzy that could only be rivalled by the old boxing day sales, well, I couldn't be any further from the truth, what I found could best be described as what you'd see around a drug peddler on the street with people slowly shuffling around looking over their shoulders and whispering to one another about how much to grab and how to get it out.
I was like WTF, its toilet paper and if you're that worried that people think you're a freak for stockpiling it, chances are, you are.

So im standing in the checkout isle and two little Asian ladies are in front of me, they look spent and have their trolleys piled up with their 4 packets of toilet paper rations and the rest of Handy Ultra bloody kitchen towel and I got to thinking, they've probably been to every supermarket within a 50 mile radius and have now resigned themselves to substituting kitchen towel for toilet paper and it made me think, don't worry about Panadol, prescription medication or antivirals, what you're gonna need is liberal amounts of Aloe vera for your red raw **** cheeks.

So I turn to my Son and say in front of half a dozen people, if and when I contract Corona Virus and it becomes so bad that im ****ting through the eye of a needle and therefore would require a stockpile of toilet paper im just going to stand up from the toilet bowl, **** cheeks covered in waste product and run myself a shower.
How long it going to be before you go to walk into woolies and some bloke approaches and says 'you need a roll? I got rolls'. Maybe its all getting sent abroad kind of like that baby formula thing a while back. I dont know how many bog rolls china produces but i know theres many export restrictions to that general area of the world. I do know production in one factory in south australia has ramped up a gear due to extra demand for poo tickets. Im guessing plumbers will have a busy time in the near future as paper towel or tissues dont flush as well if we run out of bog rolls.
4 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:07 PM   #144
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Go for a scoot on the lawn like the dog. Fertilise and clean all in one action
XByoot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:10 PM   #145
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
How long it going to be before you go to walk into woolies and some bloke approaches and says 'you need a roll? I got rolls'. Maybe its all getting sent abroad kind of like that baby formula thing a while back. I dont know how many bog rolls china produces but i know theres many export restrictions to that general area of the world. I do know production in one factory in south australia has ramped up a gear due to extra demand for poo tickets. Im guessing plumbers will have a busy time in the near future as paper towel or tissues dont flush as well if we run out of bog rolls.
They will be lifting it out of hotel rooms and aircraft toilets soon..I’ve got a few sheets of worn out sheets of ultra fine...wonder what it’s worth on eBay? I think there’s some worn out” stick it “ discs in the bin too! Stick it..get it? Yeah dad joke

Last edited by XByoot; 04-03-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-03-2020, 07:19 PM   #146
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by XByoot View Post
They will be lifting it out of hotel rooms and aircraft toilets soon..I’ve got a few sheets of worn out sheets of ultra fine...wonder what it’s worth on eBay? I think there’s some worn out stick it discs in the bin too!
Its when theres a shortage of 80 grit we need to really worry. A4 paper will be a comodity before 1200 grit i reckon.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:22 PM   #147
hayseed

Quote:
Im guessing plumbers will have a busy time in the near future as paper towel or tissues don't flush as well if we run out of bog rolls.
Neither do Franco's Baby Wipes........
hayseed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-03-2020, 07:23 PM   #148
Beastie
The Terrain Tamer
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Catering services for a bunch of layabouts and for being an all-round good guy whose sense of community goes above and beyond. 

Quote:
Its when theres a shortage of 80 grit we need to really worry. A4 paper will be a comodity before 1200 grit i reckon.
What's the difference between loo paper and sandpaper?

Sandpaper has a smooth side - Boom tish...
Old 04-03-2020, 07:23 PM   #149
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
They've all gone down so far, I imagine there's a pretty wicked fatberg kicking about somewhere, sounds like the council's problem

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...m-london-sewer
Old 04-03-2020, 07:24 PM   #150
XByoot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
There’s always recycling...wash and repeat
2 users like this post: