Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 24-10-2020, 07:05 PM   #2551
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Yeh nah that was the red one a few pages back, rocking spyders now.

The Aldi snaptite KW and PB are what the grandkids are getting for Christmas.

I built this also

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-10-2020, 10:24 PM   #2552
danzvtil
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Took my daughter out driving on her Ls today, we stopped by some car yards to look at what she’d like to buy (Hyundai Getz budget), the little princess found the Audi and the golf ��

2019 LDV G10
2009 Mitsubishi Express-GONE
2011 Honda Jazz
Old 27-10-2020, 12:11 PM   #2553
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 27-10-2020, 12:42 PM   #2554
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
Happy Birthday Hillary Clinton
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-10-2020, 12:54 PM   #2555
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeKing View Post
Happy Birthday Hillary Clinton

The perfect birthday present.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2020, 04:03 PM   #2556
X-AHH
The good, bad and fugly
Donating Member2

LYesterday I had a bit of good luck so I decided to drop $1K in each of my daughters bank accounts and not say anything.

The youngest called me this morning to advise that I'd made a mistake because she was checking her account to see if there was sufficient funds to pay for a doctor's appointment and blood test that she was having today. The eldest called me during her lunch break to tell me the same story because she was checking her account to see if she had enough money to buy a sandwich for lunch.

They were both in tears when I explained that it was just a gift with no strings attached. I must have gotten something in my eyes too that irritated them. I kept being told "you have no idea how much I appreciate this dad, your support means so much to me, thank you".

Like so many others, they are doing it quite tough financially at the moment so it made me feel really good to be able to surprised them and help them out a bit.

Hopefully other parents that have the means to do so are also looking after their kids and grandkids as best they can.
Old 30-10-2020, 05:31 PM   #2557
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Facebook fair go. On a particular page I follow this pic came up.
I made the following comment.

lets get this politically correct.... America has issues, not the rest of this world,
wahoo geez louise are the americanos touchy, Ive carried for for over an hour continuing to throw bait, just to get them biting. bloody waste of time but oh so enjoyable

Last edited by Tonz; 14-02-2021 at 05:38 PM.
Tonz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2020, 05:50 PM   #2558
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xahh View Post
LYesterday I had a bit of good luck so I decided to drop $1K in each of my daughters bank accounts and not say anything.

The youngest called me this morning to advise that I'd made a mistake because she was checking her account to see if there was sufficient funds to pay for a doctor's appointment and blood test that she was having today. The eldest called me during her lunch break to tell me the same story because she was checking her account to see if she had enough money to buy a sandwich for lunch.

They were both in tears when I explained that it was just a gift with no strings attached. I must have gotten something in my eyes too that irritated them. I kept being told "you have no idea how much I appreciate this dad, your support means so much to me, thank you".

Like so many others, they are doing it quite tough financially at the moment so it made me feel really good to be able to surprised them and help them out a bit.

Hopefully other parents that have the means to do so are also looking after their kids and grandkids as best they can.
made me feel good reading your good thought and gesture for your girls, bravo mate !
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2020, 07:01 PM   #2559
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Convincing my occasional colleague to persevere with the stuck lower tailgate on a Disco 3, result today - it came open like nothing was wrong once we prised up the switch and gently “percussed” it - he was going to put the job off until next week. Suspect a bad switch contact.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-10-2020, 10:46 PM   #2560
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Had a fault coming up on the FGII ute for the last couple of weeks. Check Engine warning would pop up, quickly followed by the DSC fault warning.

Had Mr G8 come over and we scanned for error codes and it came up with DTC code U0401. A bit of research on here and I thought I'd check that the brake lights were working. No surprise, there was no brake lights at all. Knowing of the issues of a failed brake light switch, I pulled it out, pulled the switch apart and cleaned it all up. Put it back together and everything is now working great again.

Cost me all of a couple of hours of my and Mr G8's time.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-10-2020, 11:33 PM   #2561
.:4:.
Kicking back

The bonnet on my bf has been one of those things that no one notices, but it was sitting a bit lower then the front quater panels. Yeah i know its nothing difficult to rectify, but i had quite the **** day, so a few minutes ignoring phone calls and and a few rounds of twisting the rubber stops to make it all good took my mind off things for a bit. Also i have to laugh. When ever it rains, because my driveway is on a hill, i have to move my car. Well, just take it down the street, i always reverse up my driveway, and water pools in the drip rails of the boot, and if i let the thing sit, water gets into the boot. So once it dried out today a bit, just to get the water out, i did the standard issue. I have to ease out of my driveway because my car scrapes, then i punched it. There was a good 30m of water trail behind the car. And yes i wipe out the drip rail, theres no crud to make it rust.
So today for me was one where you take the minor positives out of all the negatives.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 31-10-2020, 05:23 PM   #2562
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

I purchased a tank of petrol. That is a big thing for us Melbournians. Must be at least two months since I last visited a petrol station.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 31-10-2020, 05:37 PM   #2563
Kicking back

Was cleaning out my car today, i have had that thing for a decade, havent had it for 8 years. I found 2 things. 1 is good. The hospital release papers and surgical report from years ago. That works well for my situation. The other, well, i wont mention that. And no its not used frangers. But its made me consider the centre console cooler mod. Ive only seen it done on an au. But it seems the same.
Old 31-10-2020, 05:55 PM   #2564
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Middle of nowhere in my BA GT-P with an FG-GT-P in front and an XY GT in the mirror made me smile,good day.
Old 31-10-2020, 06:14 PM   #2565
Kicking back

No not a trans cooler, centre console fridge.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:11 PM   #2566
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a terrible week last week over 4 brutal days- took a shellacking by the Judge, and back tomorrow.

Anyway driving into my office to prepare for my imminent beheading tomorrow, driving up Hillsborough road in my St feeling crap, and on opposite side 5 to 6 beautiful new mustangs in various colours (red, blue, gunmetal grey, white) roared past.

A group of new mustangs in a tight bunched pack look sensational, and sounded even better with a few of them opening them up.

Made me feel good for 5 minutes.....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-11-2020, 01:21 PM   #2567
roddy1960
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It might have stopped raining enough for me to head down to the estuary to try out my new Shimano Catana rod and reel ...Nearly went yesterday but had grass to cut , then it rained on and off overnight ...bugger..

See if I can snag a decent bream or two for tea..
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 02-11-2020, 01:50 PM   #2568
Kicking back

Got a new top radiator hose, let the thing idle for ages, topping it up along the way. Took it for a test drive, shes apples. Engine bay has been steam cleaned, thats the added bonus.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:57 PM   #2569
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Back to my first FIFO role since 2012

DIDO is ok but the real money is where you are least at risk of returning home.

In another life i would leave my Falcon at a certain workshop in Archerfield amongst others, and get picked up at the airport in a mad car.

Money didn't matter to me only results did.

Results i thought i well and truly paid for but never eventuated, a few brain farts ensued shortly after and now i'm back where i started !

Only i work on my own vehicles now and its a hell of a lot more technologically advanced than that car was !!

Lets see how this pan's out in a few months ?

Peace
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2020, 08:41 PM   #2570
Kicking back

Is it bad to laugh at other peoples misfortunes? My brother has a sewer vent in his backyard. I have one at the bottom of my driveway. When mine backs up, the waterboard just come and fix it. My brother didnt want to call the waterboard because he has no side access and didnt want sewage clearing equipment dragged through his house. So after i did him the second favour of clearing out a lot of the overgrowth in his backyard whilst he dug a trench creating the brown river from the vent to the stormwater drain, i pointed out the blockage has to be down stream in the sewer main. Sure enough, in the common area about 15m away there was a maintenance hatch thing. So i stood back, well back. I let my brother back the screws out and it erupted. A poosplosion. He got covered. I refused his offer to cook lunch after. I didnt want a side of tuberculosis. So i ordered pizza. Fixed his problem but, he is happy now to call the water board as its not on his property. The violent eruption, that was not to be expected. I mean i almost barfed, it would have been funnier on video, without the smell, but still, it was funny.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-11-2020, 11:26 PM   #2571
Kicking back

After the new mayor of brown town showered, went to work and came home, i made a followup phone call. His house no longer smells like excrement. His sense of smell is heightened, which is odd as he spent a morning ankle deep in ****, then copped a shower of it.
But the biggest win was really, my brother is really gluten intollerant. So he hasnt eaten pizza in years. So as an experiment, i ordered gluten free from dominos. Turns out it was good. I typically hate gluten free, its like they substitute flour for sand. Yeah it was an extra $3, but i didnt want **** fingers cooking for me.
2 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2020, 03:01 AM   #2572
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

The flaky AU coil pack is hanging on. 1200-odd km today and it’s getting rougher but still going.
Old 04-11-2020, 03:49 PM   #2573
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Just crunched the numbers for my road trip yesterday. I was in error about the total distance. About 1020km, just under 95 litres burned. So, <9.5/100

Not too bad for an old tech six with dying coil pack and 308K on the clock.
4 users like this post:
Old 05-11-2020, 01:23 AM   #2574
Kicking back

Well a couple things. Cant make guarentees on my cooling issue. But, my brothers stench issue is down the line. And the volcano, the grass got mowed yesterday, but in the vacinity has shot back up. The river brown in his yard has dried up. So im on him to plant it out. Plants dont care where the fertiliser comes from. And my brother is the only white guy ever who likes hot chillis. So harbenaros are going in. They should grow pretty fast. The blokes he works with have been giving it to him about his **** situation. He works a hobby, not a real job, but gets paid to run classes in martial arts. He works with good blokes, last time i went out on the cans with them, i lost my car. Took a week to find it. And the bees are gone. Well, they moved from the sewage canal to the volcano. Glad its not my house. But still, as much as i dont like my brother, if he needs a hand i will lend one. He does the same for me. We have a just what you do relationship.
But still, he has had a win.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #2575
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Bit of back story first -
My Old Man has helped build a very successful business over a number of years, working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day. He is now at an age where he can start to slow down and enjoy. He never really buys anything for himself even though he has the means.

On Monday he told me had gone and bought a boat. I was thinking ok, he has got himself a fishing boat or something along those lines. This morning I went to see him and his new purchase..............

I wasn't quite prepared for the size of the thing. I know nothing about boats or boat engines but it has a Mercury CT Command Thrust 60 fitted.

I post this here because, as I said, he never spends money on himself or rewards his hard work. I'm so happy he has done something for himself for a change and I hope this thing brings him plenty of pleasure.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #2576
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Good on him! Nice trailer, too!

Is it for the Murray?
Old 05-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #2577
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Bit of back story first -
My Old Man has helped build a very successful business over a number of years, working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day. He is now at an age where he can start to slow down and enjoy. He never really buys anything for himself even though he has the means.

On Monday he told me had gone and bought a boat. I was thinking ok, he has got himself a fishing boat or something along those lines. This morning I went to see him and his new purchase..............

I wasn't quite prepared for the size of the thing. I know nothing about boats or boat engines but it has a Mercury CT Command Thrust 60 fitted.

I post this here because, as I said, he never spends money on himself or rewards his hard work. I'm so happy he has done something for himself for a change and I hope this thing brings him plenty of pleasure.
Nothing at all wrong with that. Its a great excuse to kick back and do nothing. So good on your old man for getting a leasure craft. Nothing beats a nice day on the water. The boat i have now i got when i was 16, its my 2nd. I still love it. Got it new in 03 and its a bit different to that boat, but still, fill the ice box, load up with things for lunch, its a good way to make a day out of it. Well, i always add fishing. Dont eat fish, but enjoy the sport.
Old 05-11-2020, 08:00 PM   #2578
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Good on him! Nice trailer, too!

Is it for the Murray?
Yes. Should be good fun for him.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2020, 01:08 PM   #2579
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Formally provided notice of my intent to vacate the rental premises I'm in. Whilst it has served it's purpose, I don't think I'm going to miss the house. The neighbours and location I will, but not the house.

So looking forward to being back in my own home, where I can do what I want where, when and how I want without having to worry about seeking approval first.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2020, 08:23 PM   #2580
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post

So looking forward to being back in my own home, where I can do what I want where, when and how I want without having to worry about seeking approval first.
do you pee in your back yard as well?