Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 06-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #91
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfiipursuit
Gecko BBF have a white one left if your interested!!!

I know, I have seen it. I normally hate white cars but the RS does make white look good. Unfortunately it is too early at this stage because of the lease on the Mini, can't do anything until next year (that is if I can talk Tori out of a Mini and into another Ford).
Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 PM   #92
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoGT
I know, I have seen it. I normally hate white cars but the RS does make white look good. Unfortunately it is too early at this stage because of the lease on the Mini, can't do anything until next year (that is if I can talk Tori out of a Mini and into another Ford).
Just break the lease like the rest of us... The penalties will be worth it!!
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:33 PM   #93
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordman6
I love you Ford! I must fly into my local Ford dealer (Clancy's, Bathurst) and have a look around! ;)
theres a green one there as of this wednesday!!! It was at distinction detailing on wednesday getting a pre delivery clean
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 07:50 PM   #94
Neale
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also, i just did a track day in my focus (zetec) & it was the most fun.

even though is a FWD it still got the tail out like a RWD, i dont know if thats a good thing bit it was great fun. Check out the link to see what im talking about - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNGrxE9lShw
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:24 PM   #95
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
These are a really great car to have running around - good to see Ford putting out some performance orientated stuff other than your usual Falcon based offerings.

The one thing that annoys me about these is that they dont come in a 5 door - if I could get a 5 door in white I reckon I'd be sold. Well until I had to work out how to pay for it anyway
Im the opposite mate, i prefer the 3 door and if the XR5 came in 3 door id have had that
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-10-2010, 08:45 PM   #96
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
Also, i just did a track day in my focus (zetec) & it was the most fun.

even though is a FWD it still got the tail out like a RWD, i dont know if thats a good thing bit it was great fun. Check out the link to see what im talking about - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNGrxE9lShw
bloody tight little track!
Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 PM   #97
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Here are my RS pics:

Old 09-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #98
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Old 09-10-2010, 02:06 PM   #99
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Top pics Bourney
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 02:19 PM   #100
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cheers buddy..

Funnily enough, on the way home from that little shoot I saw one "in the wild" and turned into a giggling school girl. On the road they have soooo much presence!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #101
crispymk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo XR8
Seen a white one at a dealer in Perth yesterday already modded with cold air,cat back exhaust and flash tuned for $52000. Had an option of a different wheel for $2500 they are Black and looked really good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo XR8
sorry no pics but was an RS

Not an RS that one. And I have plenty of pics...

Its a normal 5 door XR5 with RS badges and the full suite of Graham Goode Racing mods and a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 rims. 305hp at the fly-ish

Built up by Black Mac Performance from a McInerney Ford demo vehicle to show off the products and mods available for the XR5

The guy that wanted a 5 door RS might be interested...

All pics: Here

Build photos:

Last edited by crispymk2; 09-10-2010 at 09:22 PM. Reason: additional info added
crispymk2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #102
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

$52k is a lot of coin for an XR5. Mods make this car about $15k about rrp. Is there $15k worth of mods on the car?

If I was going to buy that, the first thing to go would be the RS badges and 2 new front guards. The RS side bits are cut into the panel? New XR5 badges to go back on.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #103
crispymk2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
$52k is a lot of coin for an XR5. Mods make this car about $15k about rrp. Is there $15k worth of mods on the car?

If I was going to buy that, the first thing to go would be the RS badges and 2 new front guards. The RS side bits are cut into the panel? New XR5 badges to go back on.

Yeah, I'd swap the side/fender vents to ST side vents in the same style and swap the front and rear badges to ST ones too.

The Mods are pretty high quality, full 3 inch stainless exhaust with hi-flow 100Cel metal cat, front mount intercooler, enclosed cold air intake system, silicone boost hoses, engine re-map and flash tuning device, as well as things like the rear wing which are close to a grand iirc and the bonnet vents etc.

If you bought a new XR5 then drove it next door to Black Mac and wanted the same bits you'd end up paying more than $52k but I agree, it is a lot of money upfront for an XR5
Old 09-10-2010, 10:17 PM   #104
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispymk2
Yeah, I'd swap the side/fender vents to ST side vents in the same style and swap the front and rear badges to ST ones too.

The Mods are pretty high quality, full 3 inch stainless exhaust with hi-flow 100Cel metal cat, front mount intercooler, enclosed cold air intake system, silicone boost hoses, engine re-map and flash tuning device, as well as things like the rear wing which are close to a grand iirc and the bonnet vents etc.

If you bought a new XR5 then drove it next door to Black Mac and wanted the same bits you'd end up paying more than $52k but I agree, it is a lot of money upfront for an XR5
I think it's easy to foget just how quick mods add up. Things like tunes and exhausts really get the value going north quick.

I like the wheels.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #105
crispymk2

Quote:
I think it's easy to foget just how quick mods add up. Things like tunes and exhausts really get the value going north quick.

I like the wheels.
Me too, but I only wish they came in 19's because they look a bit small in that design imo. They are really light weight though. They use a version of them in the BTCC
Old 14-10-2010, 07:19 PM   #106
crispymk2

Looks like the Team Dynamics Pro Race rims are now available in 19" from Graham Goode Racing

Love the white! Looks sooo hot in person. I dont think i could handle all the attention in the green one.

More pics here

Old 14-10-2010, 07:42 PM   #107
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Real RS = Hot

Mock up RS = AR5E

I'm sorry, but I have always been against re-badging a car to make it something it's not. This is exactly the same as those ricer boys putting VTEC or TYPE-R on their regular Civics and Integras. I don't care if it was 15 grands worth of mods. That baby is still an XR5/ST.

Imitation is a sincere for of flattery, but not sports cars. Dont' get me started on putting chev badges on your 6 cylinder dunnydore...

That aside, I really can't wait to drive an RS. I love my XR5, but testing the latest and greatest is always good. Lack of AWD has it's pros and cons. Keeping it FWD keeps it light and reduces costs. From the hundreds of reviews on this thing, the FWD system in it seems to handle very well. With it, it could have been in another class of pocket rocket.

If/when i drive one, i'll give a full detailed, drool covered unbiased review (shortly after changing my pants).

P.S.

Danny, bring the Golf R past mine when you get it. ;)

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2010, 08:02 PM   #108
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't forget, the XR5 was mocked up well before any plans of the RS coming out came to the fore.
Old 14-10-2010, 08:41 PM   #109
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

White is awesome.

Just spotted my first UG RS on the road. He even parked next to me at the shops tonight. Had a good chat about his new car.
Old 14-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #110
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBourne
Don't forget, the XR5 was mocked up well before any plans of the RS coming out came to the fore.
Yep, i know Bourney. I saw the pics of the car before the RS was announced for OZ. I know it's a killer 5, but I just hate false advertising :P

If you're car is skunked or packing dreamscience, by all means, advertise the beast. But if it's labelled something that it's not...

I really want to drive an RS...

Quote:
White is awesome.

Just spotted my first UG RS on the road. He even parked next to me at the shops tonight. Had a good chat about his new car.

What's the verdict?

Old 14-10-2010, 09:21 PM   #111
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR5-Boy
What's the verdict?
Couldn't be happier with his purchase.
Old 15-10-2010, 03:20 AM   #112
rand0mn00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispymk2
Am I reading that right, or are they selling the car for nearly $80,000???
rand0mn00b is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #113
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand0mn00b
Am I reading that right, or are they selling the car for nearly $80,000???

WA stealerships. Apparently they still have cobra's and 40th annisversary GT's because of the over inflated prices they are charging. It's a joke.
Old 15-10-2010, 09:42 AM   #114
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

Yeah, there's a cobra on carsales going for over 100 grand here in VIC:

STUPIDLY OVERPRICED COBRA

Old 15-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #115
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Haha, I love the comment - "throw away price"
wtf???
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 03:27 PM   #116
Danny
GT4.

80 Grand, and I just was over at Strapp, where the dude who sold me the Turbo Ute told me that they wanted $67,990 for theirs along with reports that some have paid $75k... That makes my head spin.

Exclusivity, power and the extra cylinder aside. Its a soon to be runout model, and when you can park your bum in a fully optioned Golf R with Reverse cam, adaptive chassis, AWD, Sat nav with HDD and DVD Player, MDI, Sunroof, Recaro's, DSG, Bluetooth and Dynaudio Excite stereo upgrade for about $65-68k negotiated (remebering that an APR upgrade to 240kW is only a $1600 excercise), then I reckon the RS presents dubious value.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 03:31 PM   #117
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR5-Boy
Real RS = Hot

Mock up RS = AR5E

I'm sorry, but I have always been against re-badging a car to make it something it's not. This is exactly the same as those ricer boys putting VTEC or TYPE-R on their regular Civics and Integras. I don't care if it was 15 grands worth of mods. That baby is still an XR5/ST.

Imitation is a sincere for of flattery, but not sports cars. Dont' get me started on putting chev badges on your 6 cylinder dunnydore...

That aside, I really can't wait to drive an RS. I love my XR5, but testing the latest and greatest is always good. Lack of AWD has it's pros and cons. Keeping it FWD keeps it light and reduces costs. From the hundreds of reviews on this thing, the FWD system in it seems to handle very well. With it, it could have been in another class of pocket rocket.

If/when i drive one, i'll give a full detailed, drool covered unbiased review (shortly after changing my pants).

P.S.

Danny, bring the Golf R past mine when you get it. ;)
Still 6 months away Georgie Boy. I just got an order number and She's lined up to get a build date assigned to her.

You're dead right about the 4WD. RS would arguably be a weapon with it. But for 65-80k You could have a Audi S3, and that friends, would make me lose sleep.
Old 16-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #118
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
80 Grand, and I just was over at Strapp, where the dude who sold me the Turbo Ute told me that they wanted $67,990 for theirs along with reports that some have paid $75k... That makes my head spin.

Exclusivity, power and the extra cylinder aside. Its a soon to be runout model, and when you can park your bum in a fully optioned Golf R with Reverse cam, adaptive chassis, AWD, Sat nav with HDD and DVD Player, MDI, Sunroof, Recaro's, DSG, Bluetooth and Dynaudio Excite stereo upgrade for about $65-68k negotiated (remebering that an APR upgrade to 240kW is only a $1600 excercise), then I reckon the RS presents dubious value.
Mate while I respect your decision for the Golf, and its a good car, the RS is more hard edged. As you know you can mod all you like but the RS doesn't need it and you keep your warranty.

Something about a FWD being quick appeals to be, like a 6 cylinder flogging 8's, the underdog thing I guess.

They can price these RS's at whatever they want, they have no competition because it would be hard to imagine a WRX/EVO customer jumping ship for a "FWD POS"

What is it with Aussies and not understanding the 3 door thing, we even got a "special" Mk2 5 door RS..its meant to be a sports car..LOL
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-10-2010, 03:55 PM   #119
Danny
GT4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyal
Mate while I respect your decision for the Golf, and its a good car, the RS is more hard edged. As you know you can mod all you like but the RS doesn't need it and you keep your warranty.
As always polyal, I 100% agree. My point is more that I think it is a little unfair for the blue Oval to ask what they are asking for these cars just because they are powerful and exclusive.

They ARE a totally different kettle of fish to anything else on the market including EVO, STI and VW and even Renaultsport. But why can't Ford fans have somthing truly mad to aspire to at a price most of them can justify and afford. I mean it is double the price of an XR5!
Old 16-10-2010, 04:21 PM   #120
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Agreed its an expensive bit of kit, no way around that. I would think/hope that if it ever became a full time model (wake up FPV!) then perhaps the cost might come down.

But now that they have imported an end of the line model, they will have to stock replacement parts etc aswell. Not a great excuse for the price, but IIRC our ones got a few extra options aswell.

You might find that a few will come down in price if they sit around, the dealers are just doing the same as the 40th anni and Cobra GT's, they got away with it at the start but then people wised up.

Unfortunately I dont think Ford has any control over the mark up the delears put on, they can only state RRP.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post