Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 04-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
Rapid_Attack
Meh.

Default Thinking about getting a Jet Ski

Hey all,

I am thinking about getting a Jet Ski, wanna spend about 6-7k....what can people tell me?
Also whats the best way of looking a good one up?
and what does insurance on one usually cost?

Any help welcome ere....need something to toe behind the ute! :eclipsee_

Rapid_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2005, 08:34 AM   #2
2fardown

If you were in QLD I would sell you my Polaris SLX 1200cc with 69 hours for $7000. This thing is seriously quick...

Anyway, insurance costs me $470 a year (paid monthly).

Stay away from badly corroded 2-stroke ski's that have a few hours on them. Check inside the hull for any fibreglass repair. Basically check to see if it has been well maintained... They require A LOT of maintenance. They aren't like a motorbike, you can't just throw it in the garage after you've been out riding...

Good luck with the search and be prepared to have a few "extra" friends on the weekends when you go out skiing.
2fardown is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
Rapid_Attack
Meh.

Thanks for that, i assume that 4-stroke is the better way to go?

Also whos that insured through?
Rapid_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
Tote
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And don't forget in NSW Mr Carr makes you have a special licence because if you ride a jet ski you MUST be a hoon.
/me has recurring fantasy about charging under the Harbour Bridge in a blown big block jet boat with open exhausts....mutter mutter I'll give him no jet skis on his harbour.... off to take my medication now - enjoy your new toy
Regards,
Tote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:32 PM   #5
AGRO
KB TECH SUPPORT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tote
And don't forget in NSW Mr Carr makes you have a special licence because if you ride a jet ski you MUST be a hoon.
/me has recurring fantasy about charging under the Harbour Bridge in a blown big block jet boat with open exhausts....mutter mutter I'll give him no jet skis on his harbour.... off to take my medication now - enjoy your new toy
Regards,
Tote
True fact with the cost of a PWC license in NSW.
I had to get a NSW license to ride on the Murry River. Then one day, I received a letter from NSW licensing, stating the cost of a PWC license was increasing over 300%. Screw that. I waited till Victoria made it manditory for boat licensing, and just changed it over to Vic. It's a third of the cost here....but give it time I guess!!!!!!

I use to have the Sea-Doo XP Limited Ski. One hell of a weapon when you mod them. All ski's are high maintenance as Tote says, but less so with the four strokes.

Regards

AGRO.
AGRO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post