Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #1
lotuselanman
Les

Default Zetec ECU - Delco - remy

: :SaiyanSmi
Gidday,
I am in need of an ECU / EMS for my Zetec project, yes I will phone Focus Racing.
Months ago I was talking to a bloke / firm who do a unit based on the Camira Delco - Remy ECU, unfortunately I have changed computers and lost the contact, may have been in WA !!!
Can anyone help ??
See ya, Les

lotuselanman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #2
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So you're completely changing the ECU?

The Delco ECU's can be reprogrammed to run virtually anything eg. I used one on a 3 cylinder Daihatsu turbo engine. I believe Kalmaker sell packages including the software to reprogram the Memcal?

BTW there's heaps of info on the internet- just use Google.
Old 19-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #3
FRA
Mr Focus

This kit comes with all the parts required to take full control of your stock or turbo, supercharged Zetec engine. Pectel ECU comes with pre-installed calibration so you can install and drive away within 2 hours. Uses stock injectors, ignition coil and engine position sensors. Requires laptop computer for tuning. Recommended for tuning by experienced engine tuners only. Used on the 300+Hp WRC Focus.
Is your car auto or manual? I also need litre size. I am still waiting on a price for the Pectel ECU but will let you know as soon as I know.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-03-2006, 04:37 PM   #4
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Guys,

You wouldn't believe it, but prior to buying my Focus I drove a Camira. It was one of the last produced in 1988 (DEC Build) and from memory it ran a DELCO E.C.U. I have a spare lying around.

My question is: Can it be used with a different program installed on my LR LX Auto Focus??

Cheers, Fast Eddie.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #5
murcod
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Possibly. It wouldn't be able to control your auto trans - don't know if the Focus have one ECU for both or if they communicate (if it's seperate)?

They're a good system for older non EFI engines or older Jap imports (even turbo engines.) But, you need the software and a few other bits to reprogram them.
Old 31-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #6
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks for this info mondeost24.

I'd assume that there's only one ECU but I'll make further enquiries.

Cheers.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post