Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 10:39 AM   #211
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 
Default Re: Whats an appropriate car for a company executive?

What proof have i got ?

Oooooh only a hundred or so passes at the track !

What proof do you have ?

Oh yeah i forgot lol.... must be a bloody steep hill you time your toyota on :/

If it actually is yours ??

No hate here mate... but if it looks like crap and smells like crap ???

Take it to WSID and time it for real otherwise you got nothin but inuendo and a dodgy dash vid at best...

3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 10:43 AM   #212
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

Cool post edit by the way.... is there any posts you make that dont get edited?

Try thinking before you type just a heads up.

And have a great day
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #213
new2ford
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbvbvb088 View Post
Which Australian car had a name 'executive' first?
Probably Leyland P76 Executive.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:11 AM   #214
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

I just blew a part of my morning hand timing that video. Being kind and taking it from the first move of the tacho i can get best 5.5 (assuming it MOVED when the revs rose), plus reaction time of my finger, plus the fact the speedo undoubtedly reads high as they all do, and i'd see low 6's as you'd expect. They're quick, no doubt, but a quick whitegood is still a whitegood. Lots of people like whitegoods and if you have to have one a decent choice no doubt, definitively less boring than Camry.

Hulk, yes, it is quick, but unlike you everyone else is thinking 'so what'. And unlike everyone else you err on seeing what you want to see.....

Hulk good on you for coming to a choice that suits you and your own lifestyle, and putting your money where your mouth is. At very least you can be confident it'll treat you well during your ownership I've see a few which actually look pretty schmick with the right choice of wheels and a lowering job. Get on that!

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
6 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #215
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post
I just blew a part of my morning hand timing that video. Being kind and taking it from the first move of the tacho i can get best 5.5 (assuming it MOVED when the revs rose), plus reaction time of my finger, plus the fact the speedo undoubtedly reads high as they all do, and i'd see low 6's as you'd expect. They're quick, no doubt, but a quick whitegood is still a whitegood. Lots of people like whitegoods and if you have to have one a decent choice no doubt, definitively less boring than Camry.

Hulk, yes, it is quick, but unlike you everyone else is thinking 'so what'. And unlike everyone else you err on seeing what you want to see.....

Hulk good on you for coming to a choice that suits you and your own lifestyle, and putting your money where your mouth is. At very least you can be confident it'll treat you well during your ownership I've see a few which actually look pretty schmick with the right choice of wheels and a lowering job. Get on that!
Why are you encouraging him???
Old 10-08-2015, 01:30 PM   #216
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Aurions drive like boat anchors... Next
Old 10-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #217
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeLePew View Post

thanks for the reply..

Car is also brand new and will free up a bit with proper run in so that run should be highly indicative.

Its safe to say its a 5 second car and would be a high 13, flat 14 car down the quarter. The previous generation Aurion were known to run 14.4 and low/mid 6's for 0-100km/h. The new spec is a good 70-80kg lighter model for model, hence the 5 second runs I've now posted with two different new spec 2015 cars..

They are pretty quick for what they are. Many on here wouldn't go wrong buying one too.

Last edited by HULK_I6T; 10-08-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 01:58 PM   #218
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T View Post
I did actually, I put my money where my mouth is... Geez its quick.. The new 2015 spec looks to have lost some more weight. I get my car this week but until then I have a brand new demonstrator hence the 0-100 times.

Get your stop watches out fellas, low 5's for a bog stock Aurion... Must be heartbreaking for most.

http://vid667.photobucket.com/albums...808_215214.mp4
Awesome !!!!! Now off to the Toyota Forums for you little man. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...........
7 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #219
Uncle_Ken
Next upgraded Mk1 Leopard
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always putting some imput into the forums to help or make it a bit easier for others Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 
Wink Re: Whats an appropriate car for a company executive?

Something different...

UK
How 2's: Change rear view mirror, Install backfire valve, Change foam front seats, Install auto transmission cooler, Replace Trans Shift Globe, Remove front door Trim, Paint AU headlights, install door spears, Premium Rear Parcel Shelf, go here...
This user likes this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #220
MAD
Petro-sexual

The important question is; Can you now hold a conversation with a doctor at your mates' BBQ?

And will you now get a carpark at work labelled CEO?
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 02:14 PM   #221
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
I did actually, I put my money where my mouth is... Geez its quick.. The new 2015 spec looks to have lost some more weight. I get my car this week but until then I have a brand new demonstrator hence the 0-100 times.

Get your stop watches out fellas, low 5's for a bog stock Aurion... Must be heartbreaking for most.
Oh my heart is broken. Because when buying a car, straight line speed is what its all about.

ill bet the dealer would love to read this thread and see what your doing to their car!

You are a troll of the highest order and have posted nothing useful on the forum under any of your forum names.
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
5 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 02:24 PM   #222
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
thanks for the reply..

Car is also brand new and will free up a bit with proper run in so that run should be highly indicative.

Its safe to say its a 5 second car and would be a high 13, flat 14 car down the quarter. The previous generation Aurion were known to run 14.4 and low/mid 6's for 0-100km/h. The new spec is a good 70-80kg lighter model for model, hence the 5 second runs I've now posted with two different new spec 2015 cars..

They are pretty quick for what they are. Many on here wouldn't go wrong buying one too.
Why wouldn't u just buy a new xr6t for 10k more and sell ur mint bf for 15k... Aurions look dated and old, it could have a twin turbo v10 and I still wouldn't want one... Did they give u free membership to the local bowls club?
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #223
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

Hulk, take it to the drag strip and come back with a time slip..................and I thought you were banned??? That damn goat again....

Last edited by gossy; 10-08-2015 at 02:41 PM.
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 02:39 PM   #224
Express
Bathed In A Yellow Glow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HULK_I6T

Quote:
thanks for the reply..

As far as I'm concerned a low 5 isn't quick, these days it's expected of a vehicle that is marketed as the sporty variant of the model line up.

Mid 4's and less is starting to get into the quick territory.
Old 10-08-2015, 03:42 PM   #225
Stefan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It ain't doing it in low 5s, not even low 6.

I looked at the video and its not 5 at all.

Besides the stupidity of timing 0 to 100 from a phone video there a 3 issue

1. Due to the angle of the phone as needle sweeps past 100 it likely actually sweeping past 90 or 85.

2. Just say it is indicating 90 the car is not doing 90 its doing 85.

3. Who knows how accurate the video speed is.

I timed this at 6 seconds as the needle hits 100, so car is doing 0-85 in 6 seconds, 100 maybe high 6 at best.

Anyone thinking a Camry does low 5 is a complete fool...xr6t is doing 5...
5 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 04:11 PM   #226
Bossxr8
Peter Car

I can't believe he's still pushing this barrow. I guess if you lie so much you end up believing yourself? Fool.

Low 5's is just hilarious. And the weight reduction he spouts might result in a tenth or 2 quicker to 100, nothing more than that. So it's gone from mid 6's to maybe low 6's.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 04:25 PM   #227
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8 View Post
I can't believe he's still pushing this barrow. I guess if you lie so much you end up believing yourself? Fool.

Low 5's is just hilarious. And the weight reduction he spouts might result in a tenth or 2 quicker to 100, nothing more than that. So it's gone from mid 6's to maybe low 6's.
He's only saying these things in a deliberate attempt to stir up conjecture and heated discussion. Everyone knows he loves it. He thrives off the drama he causes and will continue to embellish the truth to ensure you all stay baited. He has read the rules and continues to slide in between the cracks of the rules to ensure his thread remains open and he can continue to get away with what he does. Fact of the matter remains, if you do not feed the troll, they will disappear.

I'm only here because I enjoy reading the pay outs he gets.

*grabs popcorn*

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 10-08-2015, 04:35 PM   #228
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Fantastic just what we all need another company rep in an upmarket Camry that thinks he can win every traffic light battle.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:08 PM   #229
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Cant believe this this thread is still alive WTF
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
Old 10-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #230
superyob
Banned

I don't mind Hulk's threads, they give me much satirical inspiration. Alas I can only keep it to myself now...
Old 10-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #231
gossy
CLEVO POWERED

May one of the Moderators be able to answer this?

Wasn't he PERMANENTLY BANNED?

If so, what happened, or does PERMANENTLY BANNED mean something else that I am unaware of?
3 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:30 PM   #232
HULK_I6T
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It ain't doing it in low 5s, not even low 6.

I looked at the video and its not 5 at all.

Besides the stupidity of timing 0 to 100 from a phone video there a 3 issue

1. Due to the angle of the phone as needle sweeps past 100 it likely actually sweeping past 90 or 85.

2. Just say it is indicating 90 the car is not doing 90 its doing 85.

3. Who knows how accurate the video speed is.

I timed this at 6 seconds as the needle hits 100, so car is doing 0-85 in 6 seconds, 100 maybe high 6 at best.

Anyone thinking a Camry does low 5 is a complete fool...xr6t is doing 5...
You offer plenty of excuses Stefan, ridiculous and comical.

Anyhow guys, please no more, I am not going to offer any more comments, just watch the video and take it like a man.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:35 PM   #233
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Since when video is a proof of a run - take it to the strip and you will learn that is nowhere near low 5s to a hundred .

FWD - 268bhp & 1620kg
Power to Weight: 168 bhp/ton
0-60: 6.4
0-100: 16.4
60-100: 10.0
1/4 Mile ET: 14.71
1/4 Mile Terminal: 98
Dragstrip 1/4 Mile ET: 14.41
Dragstrip 1/4 Mile Terminal: 100

Last edited by SumoDog68; 10-08-2015 at 06:45 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:41 PM   #234
MrEL
Sick Puppy

Its in the 6's.
So it is as quick as a VN SS was. In 1999......................
Still pretty good for the shopping trolley but not setting the world on fire like you would like to have yourself believe.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-08-2015, 06:47 PM   #235
SumoDog68
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEL View Post
Its in the 6's.
So it is as quick as a VN SS was. In 1999......................
Still pretty good for the shopping trolley but not setting the world on fire like you would like to have yourself believe.
As someone who owned 200kW front wheel drive car - traction is an issue , weight transfer does not help it either .
Low 5s for Aurion is worthy of a comedy show :-)
Old 10-08-2015, 06:55 PM   #236
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoDog68 View Post
Low 5s for Aurion is worthy of a comedy show :-)
As is this thread............. Closed