Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 01-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #31
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Fg Mk2 Online

Wow I just love these prices … Is Ford under the impression they suddenly started selling BMWs?

Considering that Holden is selling their SV6 at 37K drive away, and their SS as 42K drive away it seriously boggles my mind what drugs the Ford marketing department is on …

Worst of all Ford is currently struggling to get rid of existing stock at 35K drive away, and considering this “new” model is same old with newish bumpers and a better LCD screen … gee …

So when are the Americans hitting the dealerships already ?
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #32
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i believe this is the series one, that is the pic shown anyway.
list drive away price for a 2011 XR6 auto according to car sales is
$47,690 in Vic
$49,248 in WA
$48,390 in SA
$48,256 in QLD
$48,285 in NSW
$48,258 in ACT
$47,881 in NT
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #33
Mk II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
Wow I just love these prices … Is Ford under the impression they suddenly started selling BMWs?

Considering that Holden is selling their SV6 at 37K drive away, and their SS as 42K drive away it seriously boggles my mind what drugs the Ford marketing department is on …

Worst of all Ford is currently struggling to get rid of existing stock at 35K drive away, and considering this “new” model is same old with newish bumpers and a better LCD screen … gee …

This is exactly why I have just bought an SS.

I was seriously close to getting an XR6 Turbo, but at the 11th hour I went and looked at the Commodores. The local ford dealer wouldn't budge on $46k drive away. The commodore has a much better screen (then the series 1 FG), better ergonomics, built in music storage, and a V8 rumble. I got about 8k worth of extras and it was $43K drive away. Also got $1500 more trade for my WRX....

Josh
Mk II is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #34
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Actually the SV6 is listed as $48,049, SS at $54,689 & SSV Redline at $65,681 in QLD.

Do not compare RRP of one with desparately discounted runout prices of another.
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 PM   #35
Bossxr8
Peter Car

You can't seriously believe they have raised the on road price of the XR6 over $2700 do you.

I call BS. Lets not jump to ridiculous conclusions until this is confirmed as fact.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #36
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Those prices on the website are full retail plus all on road costs.

You need to compare them to the previous model before you all jump to conclusions. I don't think they would have raised the price any more than say 500 to 1000 dollars.
Try $7000 retail difference between G6ET series 1 and 2 prices.

I suppose an 8" touch screen will be that much
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #37
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I’m not sure why you are calling Holden desperate considering they significantly out sell Ford at just about every market segment …

If Ford wants to change their sales numbers significantly, they either need to deliver a much better product to the current one (they haven’t done so since the FG2 is a minor update only) OR reduce pricing to make a better value proposition … seems like they did not do that either …

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Actually the SV6 is listed as $48,049, SS at $54,689 & SSV Redline at $65,681 in QLD.

Do not compare RRP of one with desparately discounted runout prices of another.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #38
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

It is somewhat ironic that the people who are complaining about the price of Australian made cars seem to be the same ones who complain when the subject of moving manufacture offshore to reduce costs as the labour in Australia is much more expensive.

You want high wages then somebody has to pay for it.......
Old 01-11-2011, 02:22 PM   #39
Dave R

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Valued contributor especially in the FG threads. Offers help and information to all. Posts are always in a positive manner. 

Seriously people, nobody pays recommended retail prices. XR6s have been priced in the mid 40s (without on roads considered) for the past couple of years yet in reality they have been moving for $36k. Ford should probably remove the pricing from their site though, it may turn away a few people. It's a bit silly to have the XR6T advertised from $58k when FPV is advertising brand new F6s for $59k.
Dave R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #40
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I’m not sure why you are calling Holden desperate considering they significantly out sell Ford at just about every market segment …

If Ford wants to change their sales numbers significantly, they either need to deliver a much better product to the current one (they haven’t done so since the FG2 is a minor update only) OR reduce pricing to make a better value proposition … seems like they did not do that either …
If RRP is $48k and you are selling at $34k then even if you are making $2k on the discounted units you would have to sell between 5 and 10 times as many to make the same money.

The ONLY reason that anyone ever discounts is desparation for sales.....

This is one thing that most people who work for wages do not understand (as in people who get the same pay every week regardless), it is not the number of cars sold it is the amount of profit made and it is very easy to go broke discounting......remember Betta, Clive Peeters, Compass Mk1 & 2, Ansett, Pioneer busses etc. (and watch this space, Harvey Norman/Good Guys et al.)
Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #41
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The FPV site does not have any updates yet ... it will be interesting to see how their pricing will change ...

As for manufacturing costs, generally speaking, a product becomes cheaper to manufacture later in its life cycle due to improvement and optimizations in the production line processes ... same should be true for the FG2 since its only a minor update ...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:32 PM   #42
JoshXR

Hmmm how long until the 8inch screen can jump into my series I.....
JoshXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #43
phillyc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always factual and beneficial. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
The front end on the XR's is a seriously good improvement, and the G series are IMO no better or worse than previous. XT is hugely improved too.
Agree with all that. Particularly the bolded bit. I reckon my FG XR6 looks sweet. But that looks even better!

Boss349 built. Not yet run. Waiting on a shell.

Retrotech thread
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...1363569&page=6
phillyc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:58 PM   #44
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If RRP is $48k and you are selling at $34k then even if you are making $2k on the discounted units you would have to sell between 5 and 10 times as many to make the same money.

The ONLY reason that anyone ever discounts is desparation for sales.....

What you call desparation for sales is what I call true market value. The prices listed are $15,000 too much.

It scares private buyers off when they see these prices on the internet - they are not going to bother visiting a Ford dealer. The only thing it helps is Ford in wooing fleet buyers with an inflated on-paper discount because the RRP is so much.

I have ran the calculator and I was shocked to see how much my FG MKII LPI ute will cost, I know there is some movement in there when I visit the dealer, but when I see a TV ad for a Nissan Navara dual cab turbo diesel 4wd for what Ford is asking for my base Falcon ute... I start to wonder if I should be looking at other cars too.

Ford have to make their RRP more reflective of actual transaction prices if they want to sell cars in the internet age.
Brazen is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #45
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
What you call desparation for sales is what I call true market value. The prices listed are $15,000 too much.

It scares private buyers off when they see these prices on the internet - they are not going to bother visiting a Ford dealer. The only thing it helps is Ford in wooing fleet buyers with an inflated on-paper discount because the RRP is so much.

I have ran the calculator and I was shocked to see how much my FG MKII LPI ute will cost, I know there is some movement in there when I visit the dealer, but when I see a TV ad for a Nissan Navara dual cab turbo diesel 4wd for what Ford is asking for my base Falcon ute... I start to wonder if I should be looking at other cars too.

Ford have to make their RRP more reflective of actual transaction prices if they want to sell cars in the internet age.
Because serious buyers about commit to $35k+ will ONLY look at the Ford website and don't bother with shopping around online using carsales et al.
Falc'man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:14 PM   #46
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
Because serious buyers about commit to $35k+ will ONLY look at the Ford website and don't bother with shopping around online using carsales et al.
Carsales list RRP for brand new cars.

This isnt the 70s anymore, where dads spend all month driving from Ford dealer to Ford dealer looking for the best possible deal.

People read online reviews, look at the price calculators and go from there.

Sure some people think they can do better than RRP, but amazingly some people actually think that the RRP is a rough guide to what the price actually is. Foolish them, they should of known some car makers want to scare them off.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #47
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Did you run a Nissia Calculator on the Navara??
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #48
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619
Did you run a Nissia Calculator on the Navara??
Why would I? I know what the price is, its been clearly advertised on TV and their website. I know what it is going to cost me. Its a runout - these always have significant savings, Im sure once the runout is over the average transaction prices will be closer to the actual RRP than Ford ever will be.

According to Ford a base Falcon ute will set me back almost 37 grand. No specials, no links to deals...thats it. Fair enough if thats what its worth.

What will something cost me? Thats what people ask. A grossly inflated RRP answers that question, but is that the answer you want to give customers.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #49
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Just wondering......

The last new car you bought, did you just look at the internet and then decide or did you go to the actual dealers and look at them in real life?

How about the one before that?

And all these new cars, did you pay RRP or close to that or did you strike a good deal where you got a good price for your low km couple of year old trade?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #50
b0son
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falc'man
I cant be arsed taking a guess what the final price will be after days of haggling. I want the RRP to at least be in the ball park.
b0son is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #51
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Why would I? I know what the price is, its been clearly advertised on TV and their website. I know what it is going to cost me. Its a runout - these always have significant savings, Im sure once the runout is over the average transaction prices will be closer to the actual RRP than Ford ever will be.

According to Ford a base Falcon ute will set me back almost 37 grand. No specials, no links to deals...thats it. Fair enough if thats what its worth.

What will something cost me? Thats what people ask. A grossly inflated RRP answers that question, but is that the answer you want to give customers.
OK then, the run out price for a falcon Xr6 is below 35K.. That has CLEARLY been advertised, so why did you bother looking at the Ford website calculator?? You can’t have it both ways!! You didn’t look at the Nissan calculate because it was clearly advertised, but so is the Ford product!! Some people just want to throw stones for no reason!!
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #52
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
It is somewhat ironic that the people who are complaining about the price of Australian made cars seem to be the same ones who complain when the subject of moving manufacture offshore to reduce costs as the labour in Australia is much more expensive.

You want high wages then somebody has to pay for it.......
Add to that the people that run it down will never buy a new one, I'd never have considered another falcon but I like this one.
Well done FoA
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #53
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0son
I cant be arsed taking a guess what the final price will be after days of haggling. I want the RRP to at least be in the ball park.
Do you want the trade in price to be the actual wholesale price?

e.g. BA XR6 $4-5k etc.?

What do you want?

FG XR6 $45k less trade of BA XR6 $15k change over $30k financed
FG XR6 $35k less trade of BA XR6 $5k change over $30k financed
FG XR6 $45k less no trade $35k cash and your current car is your problem
FG XR6 $45k less no trade but financed through the dealer $30k

In each one of these options will cost you about the same but you feel a lot better getting $15k instead of $5k as a trade or getting a huge discount for no trade don't you.....
Old 01-11-2011, 04:39 PM   #54
MrsLow006

I hope they fixed all the warranty issues they have had with series I

XB - ENVY

XB WAGON - Dark Angel
MrsLow006 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #55
No.6

Just give me the touchscreen so i can put it in my FG!
No.6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #56
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Carsales list RRP for brand new cars.

This isnt the 70s anymore, where dads spend all month driving from Ford dealer to Ford dealer looking for the best possible deal.

People read online reviews, look at the price calculators and go from there.

Sure some people think they can do better than RRP, but amazingly some people actually think that the RRP is a rough guide to what the price actually is. Foolish them, they should of known some car makers want to scare them off.
Car sales
Price Guide Total$42,990*
+ On Road Cost$1,780
+ Dealer Delivery Price$1,895
Drive Away Price^ $46,665
Enquire and Save

http://www.carsales.com.au/new-cars/...d=12F3B4A11E8D
for the out going model.
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #57
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.6
Just give me the touchscreen so i can put it in my FG!
It may need major changes to the rest of the car to make it work. You will need to either talk to someone who is building them of chack through all the part numbers.

e.g. Fitting a genuine satnav to a B series is not as simple as plugging it in.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:00 PM   #58
hopk88
Formally KezDaMuss

are they seriously askin 50k for a standard xr?

They look hot yes but why not pay a lil bit extra and upgrade to FPV?
Reverse Parking Sensors, Full XR6 Body Kit, 18" XR8 Mag's, BMC Air Filter, F6 Typhoon Airbox with F6 Lower Intake & XR6 Turbo Upper Intake Snorkel, XR6 Turbo Exhaust, DBA Street Series Standard Front & Rear Rotors, Bendix GCT Front & Rear Pads
hopk88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #59
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Actually that’s exactly how I purchased my current FG and the BF2 before that ... a simple internet search has yielded the best deals for me by far …

Going to the dealers to bargain 15K of the RRP price is pointless as they just laugh you out of the door … so some dealers simply advertise the “real” price of these cars .. and for a base XR6 that’s about 33 – 35 K no more … 50K Ford LOL you are dreaming …

Quote:
Just wondering......

The last new car you bought, did you just look at the internet and then decide or did you go to the actual dealers and look at them in real life?

How about the one before that?

And all these new cars, did you pay RRP or close to that or did you strike a good deal where you got a good price for your low km couple of year old trade?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #60
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Actually that’s exactly how I purchased my current FG and the BF2 before that ... a simple internet search has yielded the best deals for me by far …

Going to the dealers to bargain 15K of the RRP price is pointless as they just laugh you out of the door … so some dealers simply advertise the “real” price of these cars .. and for a base XR6 that’s about 33 – 35 K no more … 50K Ford LOL you are dreaming …
Actually come to think of it I do know someone like you, he rang all over Australia to buy his F6 eventually from Sydney and Canberra for his BMW (bike). He saved $500 on the car and about $1000 on the bike. Of course he had to sell his trades privately with took ages and cost him rego and quite a bit in roadworthies and it seemed whenever he went in for warrant or a service all the courtesy cars were unavailable.

But you are a rarity (and I regularly work with quite a number of dealers) as the majority of people who actually buy cars choose the car on features first, price second so maybe they are aiming their advertising at the general public.

It is also of note if you use any of the same internet sites they tend to give the same results for any marque as in RRP vs RRP or discounted vs discounted but not a mix.