Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-03-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
gtfpv
GT

Default Vodafone ?????

Simply arent getting any better . when we changed over from 3 to vodafone in dec last year , there was all this info , on how thier spending a billion dollars upgrading . it is simply as bad today as it was then .
we have 3 phones with them on plans , 2 iphone 4s's and 1 galaxy sII . ALL of them drop out all the time , have an echo , and go silent ,
i hate it . its costing me $130 p/mth for this .

gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
buggerlugs
If it ain't broke........
Donating Member1

Default Re: Vodafone ?????

Can you change providers or are you locked in ?
Old 22-03-2012, 04:51 PM   #3
ch33z1l
Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
Simply arent getting any better . when we changed over from 3 to vodafone in dec last year , there was all this info , on how thier spending a billion dollars upgrading .
It was simply upgrading to better compete with Optus and Telstra, no way did they have a chance of surpassing their rivals.
ch33z1l is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
cs123
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Can't think of anyone more deserving. Russ Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For all the technical support behind the scenes. Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical submission 

Open a help desk call with them. There is a process to follow and if you can prove you have issues it should get you out of your contract.

If they acknowledge issues and won't release you from your contract you can go to the TIO and escalate.
Old 22-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Wait until Telstra cuts the 2100mhz service they currently provide Vodafone.
Old 22-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
gtfpv
GT

i'm locked in . its that bad . its not right
Old 22-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #7
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
i'm locked in . its that bad . its not right
There may be ways out if it, as already stated above. I got out of a mobile broadband contract due to poor service with them.

They have been shocking. Several times over the last few days the phone just goes silent mid conversation and hangs up... full reception both ends.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #8
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
There may be ways out if it, as already stated above. I got out of a mobile broadband contract due to poor service with them.

They have been shocking. Several times over the last few days the phone just goes silent mid conversation and hangs up... full reception both ends.
exactly . i find myself yelling into the phone , so the other person can hear me . and all you get is 1/2 words and intermittant converasation .
i'm surprised they are allowed to provide such a service !!! almost always the converation is cut short .
Old 22-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #9
Reaper8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

was with vodaphone, only went there for their sponsership of 888 when with ford, **** survice, lie to you on the phone. lodged a complaint with the ombudsman and they released me, went straight to telstra. you pay a little more but have coverage all the time internet have only had it off twice and cable is fast as.
Reaper8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #10
fairmont1998
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can get out of it. I and many of my friends have got out of 3 and vodafone contracts. Ring their customer support and explain you want out of your contract because of the trouble you're having.
If they do not help you out, call the TIO. You have to try with vodafail first before contacting the TIO. They will ask you if you've tried resolving it with them first.
Write down names of people you talk to at voda and get reference numbers too.

2012 KK Jeep Cherokee Limited CRD - Still going strong
2019 MG ZS Essence
1988 RD Mitsubishi Colt GL - 59kW of Fury
2022 Kia Stinger GT
fairmont1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #11
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GTFPV,

Call them up tell them you have spoken with the communication ombudsmans office and have been advised to seek a release from your contract due to poor coverage. If you dont have any success with vodafone at that point go back to the ombudsman and log a formal complaint, they will give you a case number and Vodafone will be obliged to call you to resolve the situation. Depending on how long your contract has to run you may or may not have to give the handsets back.
Given your situation you will get a release from your contract and be able to port your numbers to Telstra or Optus without penalty. Send me a PM if you want more detail.

Heres some more news on Vodafone http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1226300898803
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
bob^
LPS

We had two handsets with 3 that we got out of after about 8 months. Had the same problems you mentioned, and very poor coverage.
They opened up a case, said they would do various tests, and then I had a smart *** on the phone ring me to say there was no problem found and that if I wanted to get out of my contract that I would have to pay. I asked to speak to his supervisor to which he replied that the supervisor cannot do any differently to what he did.
It was then that I started yelling at him. I don't like to yell at people on the phone, or anywhere really as I find it doesn't get you anywhere with regards to customer service.
He ended up transferring me to his supervisor only because I was angry and he felt he could not deal with me.
Supervisor cancelled both contracts with only having to pay the remainder of the handset value out.
Now with Telstra (Optus has no reception in my street) and haven't looked back!
bob^ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 06:18 PM   #13
gtfpv
GT

thanks everyone . i will take note and start doing something about this . life being so busy , lately i havent had time to do something about it . but all my phone contacts tell me constantly to hang up and text them , or call on a landline . time to get out . i will have to ring them and complain about it 1st , cant see how they can solve my problem though .
Old 22-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #14
gtfpv
GT

next question . my 2 iphone 4S phones are on $49 each /mth inc . for $550 calla and 1.5 gig data . the galaxy SII $29/MTH Inc $350/cals and 250MB data .all up $127/mth . ( not much point if you cant make phone calls)
what comparison rates can i get with these phones ???? i'm with TELSTRA for broad band and home phone already . does my phones and plans sound cheap in pricing ????
Old 22-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #15
GhiaEB
2004 TX Territory

I'm with vodacrap too, I rang up about the lack of service in general and got 3 months free service. Kept me happy for awhile but the moment my contract is up I'm changing providers!

Now a AWD TX Territory Daily
P6 Silver Monarch Weekender

And on 2 Wheels,
ZZR 250

Can do mixer shaft replacement on BA-BF Falcon and SX-SY, fix your heater Today. PM For more details

For sale: Heaps of Territory bits and bobs including front brembo doglegs, NOS I-design territory body kit painted offshore, also FPV 290 engine bits. FS thread here http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11397826 Pm for more details.
GhiaEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 06:27 PM   #16
gtfpv
GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTPete
GTFPV,

Call them up tell them you have spoken with the communication ombudsmans office and have been advised to seek a release from your contract due to poor coverage. If you dont have any success with vodafone at that point go back to the ombudsman and log a formal complaint, they will give you a case number and Vodafone will be obliged to call you to resolve the situation. Depending on how long your contract has to run you may or may not have to give the handsets back.
Given your situation you will get a release from your contract and be able to port your numbers to Telstra or Optus without penalty. Send me a PM if you want more detail.

Heres some more news on Vodafone http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...-1226300898803

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ says it all really . there going down down down , just as 3 did before them , but 3 had much better service ,coverage and reception .
Old 22-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #17
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

I bailed from my Vodafail a cpl months ago over to Telstra (4G), and its been fantastic up until a cpl days ago they are having some issues dunno whats going on.
But even their worst service is 10 fold better the voda
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #18
cheek
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got switched over from 3 earlier this year, on 3 I could only send texts from my house, had to go outside to ring anyone. Now on vodafone I get full 3g pretty much everywhere I go and thats on an iphone 3gs. Couldn't be happier
cheek is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 07:09 PM   #19
FGII-XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

AKA vodafail. you get what you pay for. they are cheap yes but they have a cheap and nasty product to match the price

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Start a new career as a bus driver

Rides:
FG2 XR6 stock at this stage but a very nice ride

xc 4 DOOR X CHASER 5.8 UNDER RESTO
FGII-XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #20
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

In before anyone else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306OsChFw0A

Now, there have been a lot of people easily getting out of contracts with Vodafail over the last year due to crappy service.

I'll start the bidding for Vodafone at a packet of red snakes, a 600ml bottle of coke and $5.

Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 22-03-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #21
Dave3911

Very easy to get out of Vodafone contracts, you just can't be unreasonable with the handset. If your not long into the contracts, be prepared to pay something reasonable for it's cost or to return it to Vodafone.
Dave3911 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #22
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Its not just vodafone. its the whole system in Australia. I was with vodafone for many years and when I moved I changed to telstra due to vodafones lack of coverage where I am and telstra were the only one who said they had coverage out here and wouldnt you know it, its worse even using one of there blue tick phones.

I am now at the point where coverage isnt a concern anymore. Its now coming down to what I can get for the best price and knowing that I will have dead spots but really I would rather get the most from my phone when it can be used instead of paying a premium for services that I cant get

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 09:30 PM   #23
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

We got out of our Vodafone contracts using the crap coverage argument, only had to pay for the phones.

gtfpv, just make sure if you go to Telstra that your phones are 850mhz (NextG) compatible otherwise you'll be up for more spend per month. Their $49/month BYO cap gives the same benefits per month.
Old 22-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

+1 here...it is a freakin joke.

Worst still I switched from 3 and my wife is still with 3..guess who gets more coverage.

If I could switch out I would.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
Polyal is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 10:45 PM   #25
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
In before anyone else:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=306OsChFw0A

Now, there have been a lot of people easily getting out of contracts with Vodafail over the last year due to crappy service.

I'll start the bidding for Vodafone at a packet of red snakes, a 600ml bottle of coke and $5.
As soon as they started backing those commodores they started down a slippery slope. Maybe Govco should step in and prop Vodafone up as well.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-03-2012, 10:59 PM   #26
creative
I am Batman

Have to bend the trend here, but I'm with vodafone and have had zero issues. Excellent coverage since they have rolled out the upgrade..

One company I won't touch is Optus. We are with them for work and the signal is the worst I have ever seen!
creative is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #27
Dave_Obsession
Resident AFF detailer

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Helpful and detailed posts on car care. 

I'm with Vodafone for my mobile...only issue I get sometimes is my phone doesn't tell me when people leave voicemails...then I get a message saying I have 4 new messages etc...grrr

Also switched over from 3 to Vodafone for wireless internet...this has definitely been an improvement as it runs on the new 850 network.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #28
blk6t

I threatened to leave Vodafone a while back, the last straw was I couldn't download a single song over their crappy 3G network in the middle of Sydney.

I rang and blasted the poor lady who I couldn't understand. She got her manager and he pleaded with me to stay, offered me a new Iphone for free if I would stay on with Vodafone. I said "forget it, doesn't matter what phone I have, I simply CAN'T use it!!!", he got the picture. I stuck with the contract until my penalty fee for early termination of the contract was minimal which is usually after the half way mark.

Now with Telstra, more expensive but far superior, I can download a movie if I want anywhere in Sydney.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #29
Miss_XR6

Why would you even bother going with vodafone get out people go to optus or telstra
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-03-2012, 02:34 PM   #30
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

I'm with Optus, rang them to ask why I have very bad service at my house and they said it's because of the distance to the closest twoer being quite far. They sent, free of charge, a signal booster which hooks on to my modem at home and now I have full 3G all the time at home. Happy with that customer service I must say.
PridenJoy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post