Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > FTF Car Club of NSW > Club Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-10-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default BourneY's XR8

long story short and $19,500 later, I now own a 2005 BF mk1 XR8 with 6 speed semi auto.

Holly cow this is 1 awesome car!!! i test drove it a weekend or so ago, and really enjoyed it, but to slide into the drivers seat, stare over the bulge as i turn the key and listen to the 8 cylinders fire to life was just awesome.

When i picked up the car the first thing to grab my attention was low fuel, poo! the servo i was planning to go to was quite a while away, no biggie, i just thought i'd use this opportunity to test the XR8 as a cruiser.

It did wonderfully! it's amazing how you can just miander(sp) along and you wouldnt even know what the car is capable of, but its such a comfy ride.

anyway, got to the fuel station, put $40 of petrol in, came to the next set of lights, slid it over into sports, shifted down into first... took a deep breath as the light went green, the foot went down...

mother ... of ... god. the roar the torque.. this was heaven!!! had a great night with it last night, i honestly cant believe i even doubted the 8...

anyway ill have tonnes of pictures up soon and maybe a build thread once i actually do something with it...