Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 20-02-2022, 02:44 AM   #31
Envi_XR8

Default Re: MY 22 Focus ST - X

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlr8 View Post
How long are the dealers quoting for delivery of the MY22 ST/STX?
I’ve been told around late may early June at this stage but will have a more accurate ETA around April
SY Mk II TTG ,2017 LZ Focus Sport ,BA G220 MkII in Blaze ,98 EL Futura ,BA MkII XR8 ,EL II XR8 185kw, 98 EL Fairmont Ghia and SY Territory Turbo
Envi_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-03-2022, 08:16 PM   #32
Envi_XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintee View Post
Well its all done. Just bit the bullet deposit paid on a STX now the wait till it comes
With the unfortunate events happening over in Ukrainian the wait will be a bit longer.
Apparently a company in Ukrainian supply the 13 inch screen in the MK4.5 focus
SY Mk II TTG ,2017 LZ Focus Sport ,BA G220 MkII in Blaze ,98 EL Futura ,BA MkII XR8 ,EL II XR8 185kw, 98 EL Fairmont Ghia and SY Territory Turbo
Old 18-03-2022, 10:48 AM   #33
exlr8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envi_XR8 View Post
With the unfortunate events happening over in Ukrainian the wait will be a bit longer.
I recall reading a European article in the past week where they indicated the initial facelift models will come with the older smaller screen due to this supply issue. It didn't really say if it was a local (Europe) market decision or not.
Old 18-03-2022, 12:26 PM   #34
Envi_XR8

Quote:
I recall reading a European article in the past week where they indicated the initial facelift models will come with the older smaller screen due to this supply issue. It didn't really say if it was a local (Europe) market decision or not.
I’m wondering then if they will be running sync 3 not 4 on the 8” screens
Old 18-03-2022, 03:50 PM   #35
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...due-to-ukraine

And these it is.... fml – I guess, not getting a big screen is nothing in comparison to what Ukraine is going through, but I guess We'll have to see the impact this has on Australian orders, although, I dont think i'd be happy with a Sync 3 Screen and the loss of features and speed.
Mintee is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-03-2022, 06:18 PM   #36
Envi_XR8

Quote:
https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-new...due-to-ukraine

And these it is.... fml – I guess, not getting a big screen is nothing in comparison to what Ukraine is going through, but I guess We'll have to see the impact this has on Australian orders, although, I dont think i'd be happy with a Sync 3 Screen and the loss of features and speed.
I agree not getting a big screen in comparison to what’s going on over there but I will be cancelling my order , I plan to only keep it for 3 years (like my current and previous Focus)if in the future ford decide to sell the ST’s here with the a 13 inch screen resale value won’t be good and I’m not to keen spending 50K+ on a car where the interior will now look basically look like the current focus I have apart from the redesigned headlights and grill.
Fingers crossed maybe FORD Australia will sell the ST’s with the 8” inch screen at a reduced MSRP and reserve the 13” for the ST-X
Old 18-03-2022, 06:22 PM   #37
Envi_XR8

A Ford dealer in the UK is asking $7000 pounds more above retail for the one that they have in stock (with the 13” screen)
https://youtu.be/LWFs6VcAQz8
Old 18-03-2022, 06:50 PM   #38
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
A Ford dealer in the UK is asking $7000 pounds more above retail for the one that they have in stock (with the 13” screen)
https://youtu.be/LWFs6VcAQz8
I did see that. Im in a similar boat. Its a daily so i want it up there with tech. Theres just not many other options in the segment...

Will they put the hvac controls in an 8" screen? Its gonna be very cluttered.

Im actually happy to wait for a 13" sync 4, if it becomes a my23 then thats fine? I just dont want to cancel cuz other then an i30( which i dont want) theres not much out there
Old 18-03-2022, 07:23 PM   #39
Envi_XR8

Quote:
I did see that. Im in a similar boat. Its a daily so i want it up there with tech. Theres just not many other options in the segment...

Will they put the hvac controls in an 8" screen? Its gonna be very cluttered.

Im actually happy to wait for a 13" sync 4, if it becomes a my23 then thats fine? I just dont want to cancel cuz other then an i30( which i dont want) theres not much out there
I’m guessing they will have to as the new dash has no physical HV AC controls (unless they fit the old dash)my current focus is a lease which ends in A few months,and with the wait on new cars at the moment I’m hoping to get some concrete info soon on this so I can start ordering something else if needed
Thinking Audi A1 40 TFSI
Old 18-03-2022, 07:26 PM   #40
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
I’m guessing they will have to as the new dash has no physical HV AC controls (unless they fit the old dash)my current focus is a lease which ends in A few months,and with the wait on new cars at the moment I’m hoping to get some concrete info soon on this so I can start ordering something else if needed
Thinking Audi A1 40 TFSI
After having 3 vw products with issues id advise you to run. Thats a very different size to a focus.
This user likes this post:
Old 19-03-2022, 09:15 AM   #41
exlr8

There are still some new/almost new MY21.75 auto models in dealers if that looks like a better option. Really happy with my MY21.75.

https://www.mackaycityford.com.au/ne...y21.75/1937106

https://gatewayford.com.au/stock/det...ford-focus-new
Old 19-03-2022, 10:01 AM   #42
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
There are still some new/almost new MY21.75 auto models in dealers if that looks like a better option. Really happy with my MY21.75.

https://www.mackaycityford.com.au/ne...y21.75/1937106

https://gatewayford.com.au/stock/det...ford-focus-new
For what they're asking tho im happy to pay more for new. B&o, pixel leds, sync 4 etc etc
Old 21-03-2022, 01:23 PM   #43
Envi_XR8

https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/20...tem-at-launch/

Well bugger, looks like we as a market get the scraps, with a possibility of not getting the larger screen until 2023. Be interesting to see if the price comes down on the ST
Old 21-03-2022, 01:33 PM   #44
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
https://fordauthority.com/2022/03/20...tem-at-launch/

Well bugger, looks like we as a market get the scraps, with a possibility of not getting the larger screen until 2023. Be interesting to see if the price comes down on the ST
I dont think the media know the details yet. I havent been contacted by the dealer yet. Autocar reports 'Ford has confirmed that it's in the process of looking for a new parts supplier. ' . If this means a 2-3m additional wait, ill be happy just to wait.

I dont have enough understanding on how ford manufacturing works, do they priorities other markets over Australia? Id assume at a market level they would at least priorities customer sold cars over dealer stock.
Old 21-03-2022, 03:55 PM   #45
Envi_XR8

Quote:
I dont think the media know the details yet. I havent been contacted by the dealer yet. Autocar reports 'Ford has confirmed that it's in the process of looking for a new parts supplier. ' . If this means a 2-3m additional wait, ill be happy just to wait.

I dont have enough understanding on how ford manufacturing works, do they priorities other markets over Australia? Id assume at a market level they would at least priorities customer sold cars over dealer stock.
Considering They are supposed to be in the showrooms next month and Autocar reports “that the Australian 2022 Focus won’t come equipped with the aforementioned optional infotainment system at launch” and does also report that
These problems aren’t expected to be rectified for at least six months and possibly through 2023. I am waiting for confirmation from my dealer so I can look at other options and I really hope they can source the screen from a different supplier and have them in showrooms in three months but I can’t see that happening
Old 21-03-2022, 04:37 PM   #46
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Considering They are supposed to be in the showrooms next month and Autocar reports “that the Australian 2022 Focus won’t come equipped with the aforementioned optional infotainment system at launch” and does also report that
These problems aren’t expected to be rectified for at least six months and possibly through 2023. I am waiting for confirmation from my dealer so I can look at other options and I really hope they can source the screen from a different supplier and have them in showrooms in three months but I can’t see that happening
But i cant find that info from autocar. They say its reported but where
Old 16-05-2022, 10:02 PM   #47
Envi_XR8

Quote:
I’ve been told around late may early June at this stage but will have a more accurate ETA around April
Got a update from dealer and been told ETA is September
Old 17-05-2022, 08:33 AM   #48
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Got a update from dealer and been told ETA is September
Yay! Its exciting. Finally getting closer. Im expecting an update soon too. Id much prefer an update and has a vin so i can at least track it 😂

Considering theyre now june builds. I wonder what impact it has on the model year. Will it be a my22 or 22.5? Are there any changes hmmm
Old 01-06-2022, 08:19 AM   #49
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've just placed an order for a MY22.5 Focus ST-X, Agate Black.

I believe a smaller screen was not viable.

Production should commence in September and, if that holds, delivery should be around Dec/Jan.
Old 05-07-2022, 12:00 PM   #50
Mintee
Starter Motor

Just heard a rumor that builds have pushed out again to Aug/Sept.... awaiting more info TBC
Old 05-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #51
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

I also heard a rumor that Focus is dead in Australia.

If you haven't got a car on order you wont get one....

It was only a matter of time, Fiesta will have the same fate no doubt.
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2022, 08:23 PM   #52
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Correct, Smoke Pursuit. Focus nameplate will be no longer post-2025.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-07-2022, 09:22 PM   #53
GTP534
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Just heard a rumor that builds have pushed out again to Aug/Sept.... awaiting more info TBC
That is the current "fact", not a rumour.

Looks like we will have a rare little beast!
Old 08-07-2022, 11:57 AM   #54
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
Correct, Smoke Pursuit. Focus nameplate will be no longer post-2025.

What I was getting at was sooner then 2025 for Aus.

I believe the next batch this year will be the end for us?
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2022, 11:27 PM   #55
Top_Ghia
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has been consistently providing good technical advice etc. to AFF members, by having the vast technical knowledge he has with the various Ford products. A valuable AFF member 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Pursuit View Post
What I was getting at was sooner then 2025 for Aus.

I believe the next batch this year will be the end for us?

I think this may be correct. From what I have seen is there is zero production beyond June or July for Australia. Zero. I think it’s done.
Top_Ghia is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-07-2022, 10:00 AM   #56
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top_Ghia View Post
I think this may be correct. From what I have seen is there is zero production beyond June or July for Australia. Zero. I think it’s done.
Kinda in the lurch with my order.... havent heard anything from anyone... No updates from the dealer, tried to call Ford AU for an update. They said speak to a dealer....

Really disappointed with the communication from ford, dont know if its a industry thing, covid thing, or ford thing... just gettin a little anxiety now with no updates for 5+ months. I got my last update from my secret source, even now, getting nothing from them :(
Old 19-07-2022, 12:26 PM   #57
Envi_XR8

Quote:
Kinda in the lurch with my order.... havent heard anything from anyone... No updates from the dealer, tried to call Ford AU for an update. They said speak to a dealer....

Really disappointed with the communication from ford, dont know if its a industry thing, covid thing, or ford thing... just gettin a little anxiety now with no updates for 5+ months. I got my last update from my secret source, even now, getting nothing from them :(
I’ve chased this up last week to see how mine was going and have been told it’s been pushed back now till the end of September 🫤
Old 19-07-2022, 12:30 PM   #58
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
I’ve chased this up last week to see how mine was going and have been told it’s been pushed back now till the end of September 🫤
Yikes... so its looks more like a Christmas present at this stage....
Old 20-07-2022, 01:28 PM   #59
exlr8

Not taking anything away from the new model but I'm glad I grabbed my MY21.75 otherwise I think I would have been going insane waiting. :-)
Old 20-07-2022, 01:30 PM   #60
Mintee
Starter Motor

Quote:
Not taking anything away from the new model but I'm glad I grabbed my MY21.75 otherwise I think I would have been going insane waiting. :-)
Someone on Whirlpool said they say a mean green st on the road. But i didn't think any had arrived yet.