Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-03-2024, 04:45 PM   #5701
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger1960 View Post
There are some seriously disturbed people in this world, and speaking of woman's shoes............

Here in Adelaide, in the 1980's, a friend of my cousin was called up for jury duty. The court case involved this guy, who would stand naked by his open lounge window, that faced the fromt of the house. He held a woman's shoe in one hand, and his dick in the other hand, and would masturbate in to the shoe when people walked past on the footpath. Needless to say, somebody called the cops, and he ended up in front of the judge.

I don't care how people get their rocks off, but please shut the curtains, nobody wants to see stuff like that, least of all kids.
Wot sort of shoe was it?

Asking for a friend.
Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2024, 06:00 PM   #5702
Roger1960

Smile Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Wot sort of shoe was it?

Asking for a friend.
Asking for a friend eh ? A likely story Cav.
2 users like this post:
Old 22-03-2024, 06:05 PM   #5703
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
Vans crossflow exhaust leak from yesterday getting worse.

Unfortunately can not determine if its the head to manifold gasket leaking or just at the exhaust pipe flange.

Fortunately the local Burson's had both gaskets on the shelf.

Unfortunately I don't have all the tools I need to fix it while away. EGR pipe etc.

Wondering if the unleaded cat XF's have a exhaust engine pipe flange gasket as I was told they don't, parts books shows they do.

Now not sure I want to fix it while away due to the possibility of snapping an exhaust manifold stud.

Bummer, hopefully it won't get to loud until after Easter Tuesday.
6cyl falcons had steel flange rings as originals.The aftermarket ones are fibre,but they are useless.Probably looking worth around and see if Ford still have the steels.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-03-2024, 06:54 PM   #5704
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

VENTING...............

In a lot of cases, being in customer service can be extremely rewarding, especially younger customers new to gardening that appreciate the assistance and knowledge I provide. I also enjoy the contented older customers who know you by name and are easy going. However, some days in customer service are like fingernails down a black board. And I say "days" because it's almost like all the F/Wits come out of the woodwork together.

And so, when I looked up from pruning roses, I noticed a regular pest. Now, I know that interaction with this particular lady never leads to much other than wasting 45 minutes and the sale of a single punnet of seedlings. And so, I tend to leave her to it or find others to serve who will reward my effort with a decent sale.

And so, as I was advising a couple on some quite expensive potential purchases, this woman followed me around, then butted in and dragged me away to answer a trivial question on a $8 punnet of seedlings. And then the phone comes out to show me something pointless, then asked questions that only she could decide. I then waved a colleague to attend to the customers who I had been serving. In the end, I managed to get away from her while she went to get her money from the car.

While we don't get commissioned for sales, I was very annoyed at loosing what would have been a more lucrative and more productive use of my time to the boss.

Throw in a grumpy woman who always asks questions but never listens to the answer because she is queuing up the next question, then complains about the price. Or the boisterous guy who appeared drunk and accompanied by a lady who wanted to look at something particular..........but acknowledged she had no intention to buy it. Or random phone calls from people wanting to talk to an expert and not someone who doesn't know anything.

It's lucky it went somewhat quiet after 3.30, I would have gone postal if I had to deal with any more...................
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 10:13 AM   #5705
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
VENTING...............

In a lot of cases, being in customer service can be extremely rewarding, especially younger customers new to gardening that appreciate the assistance and knowledge I provide. I also enjoy the contented older customers who know you by name and are easy going. However, some days in customer service are like fingernails down a black board. And I say "days" because it's almost like all the F/Wits come out of the woodwork together.

And so, when I looked up from pruning roses, I noticed a regular pest. Now, I know that interaction with this particular lady never leads to much other than wasting 45 minutes and the sale of a single punnet of seedlings. And so, I tend to leave her to it or find others to serve who will reward my effort with a decent sale.

And so, as I was advising a couple on some quite expensive potential purchases, this woman followed me around, then butted in and dragged me away to answer a trivial question on a $8 punnet of seedlings. And then the phone comes out to show me something pointless, then asked questions that only she could decide. I then waved a colleague to attend to the customers who I had been serving. In the end, I managed to get away from her while she went to get her money from the car.

While we don't get commissioned for sales, I was very annoyed at loosing what would have been a more lucrative and more productive use of my time to the boss.

Throw in a grumpy woman who always asks questions but never listens to the answer because she is queuing up the next question, then complains about the price. Or the boisterous guy who appeared drunk and accompanied by a lady who wanted to look at something particular..........but acknowledged she had no intention to buy it. Or random phone calls from people wanting to talk to an expert and not someone who doesn't know anything.

It's lucky it went somewhat quiet after 3.30, I would have gone postal if I had to deal with any more...................
Book a holiday, sounds like you need one. By the way all jobs have their negative moments, believe me I have my moments at work where I feel like just walking away and never come back, just a sad reality.
Cheers
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 12:08 PM   #5706
randel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
VENTING...............

The joys of retail and dealing with the public - I am sure there was a full moon last week with the amount of shit I had to deal with!!

Toys - 351 XY Falcon and FG GT
randel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 12:12 PM   #5707
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by randel View Post
The joys of retail and dealing with the public - I am sure there was a full moon last week with the amount of shit I had to deal with!!
Tonight, so you better beware.

Last edited by roKWiz; 24-03-2024 at 12:40 PM.
roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 12:23 PM   #5708
.:4:.
Kicking back

I used to love the callouts from office managers for no lights in an area. They would walk you to said area and when i would flick the light switch on theyd remark "i could have done that". My response would be "well, you didnt, sign here please".
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 04:00 PM   #5709
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
I used to love the callouts from office managers for no lights in an area. They would walk you to said area and when i would flick the light switch on theyd remark "i could have done that". My response would be "well, you didnt, sign here please".
Where I currently work, we have a few light towers that will do the odd C/B trip out, by our company safety policy we are not allowed to reset breakers, must get the sparky, go figure.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2024, 04:28 PM   #5710
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Where I currently work, we have a few light towers that will do the odd C/B trip out, by our company safety policy we are not allowed to reset breakers, must get the sparky, go figure.
Only reason that is is because liability. The reason for that is a tripped circuit has to be diagnosed before reset. So that has to be by a sparky. Then the liabilty is on them if they stuff up, as in reset something that is not safe, then job not done properly, duty of care not fulfilled and all that business. Its all about the big L word. The L word is a business owners biggest fear.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2024, 07:15 PM   #5711
lra
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cav View Post
Wot sort of shoe was it?
Type of shoe doesn't matter.
As this is a car forum, was he LHD or RHD, and did he celebrate with a 'shoey' for coming first.

I'm not asking for a friend ......... I don't have any friends.
lra is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post: