Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 02-01-2012, 02:31 AM   #1
bryan88
Starter Motor

Default removing alarm system

So the Telstar TX5 is still parked. The distributor guys retested the distributor and said it was fine. They say that the Autowatch alarm/immobiliser systems give a lot of trouble when they get old. Does anyone know how to remove it? Thanks.

bryan88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 
Default Re: removing alarm system

I just did a bit of a Google search on the Autowatch alarm and it appears to be fairly complex and will probably need to be removed by an auto electrician. I guess for obvious reasons if it was easy to remove it wouldn't be much of an alarm system
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #3
bryan88
Starter Motor

Yeah, there's a guy locally that does them, guess I shouldn't be a cheap-skate. Thanks man, I'll keep you posted.
bryan88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #4
Russ
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Contributor: For members who make a contribution worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Very helpful and gracious with photoshop work to help others.. 

No worries, hope you get it sorted
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post