Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 25-12-2005, 11:24 PM   #1
awsome4.0
Banned

Default Xmas I Wont Forget

I wish it was because of all the cool stuff i got today but no.
We had all just sat down to eat a big desert feast that my mrs had spent the best part of an hour setting up nice cakes,xmas puddings,made it all look real nice.My little girl started getting Sh###y so i took her in the lounge room chocky cake and all.
I thought she can have a little bit so gave her a tiny peace to see if she liked it .Well not even a second later she started to choke no biggy give her a slap on the on the back that ll do the trick nope maybe a bit harder no oh F###she cant breath.Called out to my sister in law (shes a child care worker) so here we are kid over her lap near on punchen my little girl in between her shoulders. It is now about 45/50 secs since her last breath call a F###### ambo!! dont know who said it or if i just thought this is F###### serious! got on the phone called 000 looked over and seen total panic my mrs screaming out to my daughter(it seemed like it took 10 mins for them to answer the phone it was like slow moition) made the call then bang she started to breath again. As i sit here now writing this i feel like i could burst in to tears i have not had the best end of the year (lost my permenent night shift at work which is $110 bucks a week 5 days before we have uor 2nd baby,car blew up on me 2 weeks ago ,plus heaps of other s*** that i really dont give a F### about right now) now bubs is in bed and doing fine like nothin has happend and now i know what is really importent in my life not work not cars not money none of that S### !! XMAS IS ALL ABOUT BEING AROUND LOVED ONES AND FREINDS now im am not a religous but someone was looken over us today so thank god ican sit here and finish this on a good note.
Goodnight and merry xmas to all
jason hill :

awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #2
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

Damn mate enuff to scare the s$%^
outta me..
Very happy to hear that shes well n safe mate....
Heres to a better year hey..
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 11:48 PM   #3
gtfpv
GT

hope your ok . there may be some after shock and depression to come out of this but . don't panic all is well. how lucky are you . cheers. very sorry too hear your day had a panic scare though .
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 11:48 PM   #4
XLS99 Ute man
Who Loves Mountain Women

man thats gotta be one of the worst situations EVER
glad to hear she is alright.
and what svo347 said, heres to a better year

XLS Falcon Ute
Full Sick 2.5 Inch -> To Double 3 Inch Tips Exhaust Sports System
18 Inch Bling Bling Rims
Altezza Tail Bling Bling Lights
Kenwood Head Deck + Amps + Bling Bling Sub
Bright Orange BLING BLING Fordforums.com Sticker

OOoooohh Yeah! Bling Bling
XLS99 Ute man is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-12-2005, 11:55 PM   #5
awsome4.0
Banned

Thanks guys yeah think i went into shock just after as for depressed i feel very guilty but it was an accident dosent make me feel any better though
Old 26-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #6
WASP
Whipple Induced

Had the same experience a few years ago. Turned out my little girl had an anaphylactic reaction to eggs, which I found out the hard way. She is also allergic to nuts..

Nothing can scare you more than seeing your child not able to breath. I feel for you Jason, but it's good to know she ok now.
Old 26-12-2005, 12:20 AM   #7
LUXO_8
windsor user

woah, man thats lucky as..
glad to hear that things turned out for the best mate!
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 12:25 AM   #8
mantaw
Still Sideways

Talk about your heart falling to floor..... would have been enough to make any parent panic.....
(We lost a child 3 years ago, tomorrow actually... so i can understand the panic..) Glad to hear all is well and she is ok!!. and by the sound of it next year can only get better!!

Just had the cops here forcefully evicting a mate of 15 years coz hes to ****ed and depressed, kicked the front door in scared the outta the kids.. 5 kids in the house someone had to go.....

so as a couple have said already.........

HERES TO A BETTER YEAR!!! :
on that note im off to have another drink.....
Merry xmas everyone....

* NICKY, YOUR NEVER FORGOTTEN!!!!!! :party3: *
mantaw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 08:33 AM   #9
red_hotxr6
Banned

Thumbs up

I could lose anything but not my kids, couldnt handle it so i am glad that it turned out all right for you. Keep your head up it can only get better.
red_hotxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 08:57 AM   #10
mad machs
politically incorrect

Geeez know that feeling, my daughter nearly choked when she was two, can't think of a more scarey few moments than that day, a few well placed pats on the back got it sorted out thank God. Shes 10 on new years eve & is sat beside me right this minute playing with here Christmas prezzies.
You read all the first aid advice & imagine how you'd react in a for real situation but when it actually happens the panic feeling is unbelieveable.

Real glad it had a happy ending for you all Jason
Old 26-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #11
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

crikies mate,im glad it turned out well
and CDAA i know you must get scared regulary with the allergic reaction risk from even a simple cake as eggs are in so many things as are nuts.
i was looking at my first grand daughter yesterday thinking how lucky i am,
hopefully you have no more scares like that.
have a great year everyone
and just think how careful we must all be every second.
cheers Nick
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #12
BlackLS

Jason, sorry to hear about your situation, like everyone else you just wanted to make Christmas what it is. I raise my glass to wish you and everyone else a better year for 2006. Remember things will get better.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #13
chief
FTF Club Moderator

Sorry to hear Jason. My brother stoppped breathing a ew years ago. I can understand how you feel. Hope everything is better now.

Falcon Tickford FPV (FTF) Car Club of NSW

Fords in the Park 2010

I use and recommend Stingray Car Security.
http://www.stingraycar.com.au/
chief is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 09:43 PM   #14
V8falcons
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad machs
Geeez know that feeling, my daughter nearly choked when she was two, can't think of a more scarey few moments than that day, a few well placed pats on the back got it sorted out thank God.
You read all the first aid advice & imagine how you'd react in a for real situation but when it actually happens the panic feeling is unbelieveable.

Real glad it had a happy ending for you all Jason
I agree with you there,but as hard as it is, keep a level head and do what you have to do to make your kid breath,I dread the day IF this ever happens to my daughter.
I hope all's well Jason
V8falcons is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 10:10 PM   #15
max^power
Formerly au^ute

glad she's ok now mate. Hope 06 brings you a better run - it's hard getting knocked down all the time.
max^power is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 10:39 PM   #16
fasty

Found my daughter turning purple on lounge a couple of years ago. Turned out she had meningacocal and near died. We have her still now 4 years later and she is cool as a cucumber. Nothing like that feeling bud. Merry Christmas and thank someone she is still here and you handled it well!!!! Look at it this way this can only get better mate. All the best to you and your family.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2005, 11:40 PM   #17
vino3o2
owning V8=having no $$$

Glad to hear that ya little girl is ok and doing well mate....life can be a sometimes and the only thing to do is grab it by the balls and keep bouncing back! Best of luck in 2006 mate...

The Reality: 13.1 @ 106mph.... The Goal: somehow get into the 12s!!! :sm_headba

www.qldsuperkart.org
vino3o2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2005, 12:07 AM   #18
FordFan86
meow

That is ing news. Glad it turned out ok.
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2005, 12:13 AM   #19
RapidTypLady
RapidTypLady

The Angels were certainly looking down on you.

I am very glad to hear that your girl is doing well.

Now the only way is up for you and your family.

Take care

_2:

MODS SO FAR

Herrod Zorst, Herrod BOV, Herrod Suresix, Herrod Lowered Springs,
BMC Hi-Flow Filter,

Xtreme High flow cat, Xtreme 4"
dump pipe, Xtreme Ceramic Clutch, Bigger Injectors, Xtreme Edit & Tune

300+rwkw :
RapidTypLady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2005, 12:19 AM   #20
awsome4.0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidTypLady
The Angels were certainly looking down on you.

I am very glad to hear that your girl is doing well.

Now the only way is up for you and your family.

Take care

_2:
Yeah someone sure was and if i ever meet em free beer or 12 from me :baby bott
Old 27-12-2005, 12:23 AM   #21
GT-E

It is good news that she is ok, and one VERY scary moment.
I have just completed my Advanced First Aid course and was at my wifes mothers group picknick and a infant started choking. I placed him on my lap head down and gave 2 short sharp palm hits between his shoulder blades and a lolly and some leafs (from a tree) spat out of his mouth. It was just instinct and the mother was a panicking mess when I just took over. Afterwards everyone was thanking me for saving the baby boy, but it did not hit me until later that night that I was the only one there out of 20 adults that had First Aid training. I think that everyone should do it as it can save a life, and it could be a childs. I was required to do the course under Workcover OH&S.
GT-E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #22
awsome4.0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapXR6T
It is good news that she is ok, and one VERY scary moment.
I have just completed my Advanced First Aid course and was at my wifes mothers group picknick and a infant started choking. I placed him on my lap head down and gave 2 short sharp palm hits between his shoulder blades and a lolly and some leafs (from a tree) spat out of his mouth. It was just instinct and the mother was a panicking mess when I just took over. Afterwards everyone was thanking me for saving the baby boy, but it did not hit me until later that night that I was the only one there out of 20 adults that had First Aid training. I think that everyone should do it as it can save a life, and it could be a childs. I was required to do the course under Workcover OH&S.
I did mine about two years ago i got my sister inlaw so i made sure i did it right which im glad i did because i didnt know to place her over my lap or in panic forgot