Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 07-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #1
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

Default Work Incentives

G'day all.

I work at Victoria's biggest cement manufactoring plant in Geelong. Thought I'll share the latest. Just picked up my prestent from work. We get these "No Lost Time Injury" awards. This year it was a choice of a Ipod, Stereo, Camping chairs and tables, Surround sound system, and another thing a cant remember.

I got the stezza.

We also just recently recieved a 2000 dollar bonus for contributing our time through a really long shutdown of the plant. Working up to 14 hours a day for close to 3 months would justify this. 5 times I worked close to 90 hours a week. The rest I averaged 65 hours a week.

My question is, have any of you guys/gals recieved cash or other incentives for slaving your ar$e off at work?

Gubas

Old 07-12-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Used to get a bonus, then the rules changed (and we got paid a little more), then I became redundant

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
guym

$40 gift voucher on a book shop. This is from a company that has made record revenues and record profits for the last 10 years.

Well that was last year and don't even think I used it. This years is due next week wonder what it will be.

The year before was a $40 voucher on the ABC shop.
guym is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:27 PM   #4
MYVYSS
Back where I belong

we once got an all expense paid trip to QLD including Game Fishing trips and the like....was amazing...oh an other times we got a couple of movie tickets...

Craig
MYVYSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:39 PM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

My company doesn't provided end of year bonuses, however they do put on a night of drinks and food and they consider this out bonus, without sounding ungrateful I'd rather the cash!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:41 PM   #6
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I used to work for a major auto parts retailer in Alice Springs. We were offered a carton of crownies toward our christmas party for every month we made our budget. We made it 10 out of the 12 and got squat. Even though ther had record profits, the company didn't even allow money for meat for a bbq. Therefore we had it at the bosses house, he bought meat and we supplied ****. Needless to say, I don't work there anymore.

https://****boxrally2015.everydayher.../martini-rally

Ford Courier XLT Crew Cab, 160rwkW+ AUII Forte Family Sedan is now the Race Car!!!
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:43 PM   #7
jcxr
Tribal Elder

$40k last year thank you very much!
jcxr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #8
Gubas
- BOOYEH -

Every year, my company, (and probably most others) have to spend a certain amount of dollars on safety. Whether it be safety upgrades, training etc. Im sure my company has found a way to claim these safety awards to the capital used for safety. I cant believe they do this out of the kindness of thier own heart!

As for the cash incentive, we fought for that one!

Bummer to all those who get squat for their hard work. I will be in the same boat next year, as im leaving my company to go elsewhere!

Gubas
Old 07-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #9
awsome4.0
Banned

I get a $535.00 wine allowance every 12 months i hate the S!#T myself but its good for xmas pressies
awsome4.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:54 PM   #10
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Never got anything in 20 years of working.

We even have to put in every month to the work xmas party committee. They havent had a party for the last three years- we dont get the money back.

OH last Xmas our MD sent around a Xmas Eve email!
Basically it said,
"please rest up this holidays, because you are all going to have to work much harder in the new year."
Nice of him eh?

This year we got told no pay rises (for the 4th year in a row), and allowances and reimbursments were being reviewed (including halving travel cost re-imbursements per KM), as our share price had fallen by about 50%, so we need to cut all costs and expenses.

They have also just told us there will be further retrenchments after xmas this year, but havent said who or what depts.
Which makes for a happy holiday for all those who NEED this job!

At the AGM it was voted to give Executives a $100,000 to $500,000 increase in salary.

Its OK, Im giving my notice in after xmas anyway, I would LOVE a redundacncy package as i walk out the door!

Last edited by bathurst77; 07-12-2005 at 03:00 PM.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:57 PM   #11
Mack 6
SUMP PLUG

I feel bad for whinging. That's just plain stupid. Hopefully some of the exec's follow you out in a few months time......... without redundancy cos the company got no money
Mack 6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #12
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If you ever work for a publicly listed company that gives you bonuses or other incentives, one by one you can rest assured they will be taken away and given to the shareholders.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #13
gtfpv
GT

i once saved over $250 000 on an engineers misdiagnosis, a coupling alignment probblem . the engineer was going to redesign the floor stucture . claiming harmonic resonance due to uncentered twin motors and unstable floor structure . found a worn coupling rubber . fixed in 8 hours. i got a letter for going to the IR MARCH IN TOWN THE OTHER DAY . saying i've compromised employment and will be dismissed if i attend such rallies again . thats what i got for my good work.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #14
Nevermind
Goodbye XR8

I usually get a cap or a coffee mug.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #15
eb2fairmont
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Work for Shell/Coles Express as one of thier console dweebs. You get nothing for any hard work you do. But you always have the area manager breathing down your neck if you don't ask every customer if they would like choccies with their fuel.

It's funny, but even if you don't meet thier percentage target, they still give you even if you have asked every customer. Anyway I digress.

Being Christmas, the loading on the pay rate is five bucks an hour ($27). If you wanted the time off, you had to apply in August. Bonus, well the best one is a letter congratulating you on all the hard work done, and all the profit they have made.

Well I used to be such a nice person before starting work there.
eb2fairmont is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #16
Psycho Chicken
Banned

We get the easiest bonuses ever. They do a different type of bonus over 3 months. This year we've had;

Attendence bonus. Sweetest bonus ever. No sickies, no annual leave with less than 2 weeks notice and you got $150 a month. Do it for the 3 months straight and you got $300 on top of the $450. Cleaned that one up.

Productivity and efficency bonuses. Alright in theory, you get stuffed up when we run out of work and get clocked onto unproductive clockings (cleaning (talking)).

Hoist report bonus. Another easy one! Fill out out hoist safety check reports for the month and land an easy $100. I didn't have a hoist of my own at the time and still got it!

Currently running a hybrid productivity/attendence bonus. $100 if we rock up every day for the month, another $100 if we meet productivity standards.

Too bloody easy.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #17
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

My work has a bonus scheme with performance plans etc etc which say you can get anything from 0% to 15% based on your efforts.

As i effectively work for the government, the reality is that everyone gets a 5% bonus, lol. After it goes through PAYE with your salary you dont really see any of it until tax time.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #18
eb_5litre
It'll Buff Out.

We organise and pay for our own staff party plus have to use our Rec. Leave while the place is shut down over christmas. Oh and yes I do work for a Gov. Dept.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #19
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

No bonus at all, but we take all the free merchandise that are meant to be for customers when they purchase beer, wine, spirits. Got some decent stuff. Also we take the fuel vouchers that people that dont want.
vztrt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 06:52 PM   #20
rapidxr6
AS IT SAYS.....

We "used' to have really big end of year booze ups, 2-3 kegs of draught, top shelf, wine and softdrink and some mean bbq but now we are usa owned and they got a bit of a fright at the first one they attended. There was a few fights as per normal and a bloke pranged his car drink driving home:( dikhed!) Now all the workers get given is a Xmass hamper with either a leg of ham or a huge vac sealed beef roast.
We do get safety incentives for 12 mths L.T.I free things like a multi tool one year, 5kg fire extinguishers, also fold up chairs< good ones too! also we always get a bbq if one of the machines breaks a standing cut record. We don't have cash bonuses they were bargained out of our work place agreement about 6 years ago!
If we come up with an idea or a change a process to make things run better, faster, efficient and it WORKS then maybe you will get a free dinner for yourself and the wife with a bar tab.
rapidxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #21
conordec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Staff retention, i have 135 chefs, 3 left this year.... so get $ for that...
Profit %, increased over last year by 14% so get $ for that....
Governmental hygiene inspection, 100% so get $ for that....
Divisional annual leave balance, -47 days AL, so get $ for that......
Performance monitor review, above last year so get $ for that....

PLUS, this year looking at 3 months bonus, plus january pay.....

All this while paying 14% tax.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, next gt?

lol
conordec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 07:51 PM   #22
SWOOP
XRSVO

Best work incentive I ever got was all expense paid 5 day trip to snow ,and then same year 1500 cash for xmas!
worked just as hard next year and got no trip and a xmas card ,
I didnt return haha
SWOOP is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 08:03 PM   #23
Valknutr

we got a sticker.... no joke 1000+ days LTI free and we got a sticker, after they made $500 million profit....
Old 07-12-2005, 10:56 PM   #24
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack 6
I used to work for a major auto parts retailer in Alice Springs. We were offered a carton of crownies toward our christmas party for every month we made our budget. We made it 10 out of the 12 and got squat. Even though ther had record profits, the company didn't even allow money for meat for a bbq. Therefore we had it at the bosses house, he bought meat and we supplied ****. Needless to say, I don't work there anymore.

Do i know you and was it repco? lived in the Alice for ten years.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 10:58 PM   #25
camc88
ba xr6 mk1

MY old job had an incentive scheme. Work your "a" off or you fired. Guess which option i took. See ya.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
camc88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 07:49 PM   #26
PULLY6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Haha we used to be on a sweet bonus system, now we get squat!

I'm || this close to saying FKY you and getting out of there.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:43 AM   #27
XR666T

Just think how bad it will be when/if Mr Howard passes his new laws :
XR666T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2005, 04:07 AM   #28
JADED6
V8 Ghia & BF2 XR6 + Wagon

Got $50 cash twice. sweet.
$100 westfield voucher.
$500 worth or bartercard dollars... WTF? who knows what i was supposed to do with them.

Few decent christmas parties.

Best of all was a redundancy package after 8+ years which obviously included NOT having to work there anymore.
Old 20-12-2005, 04:24 PM   #29
snortycorty

Grr I'm so jealous! Where I work there is no such thing as bonus' or anything alike, unless we meet our ridiculously set budget for the month which i would'nt doubt it if it's never been met.

Incentives at my work goes like this: we work our butts off so the manager get $500 or a trip to wherever, its not fair!
Had a tool box promo once and if we sold the most or something like that the manager won a trip somewhere, we worked our butts off at the start, then lost interest cos there was nothing in it 4 us. On the very last day apparently we were close to winning and the manager offered us $20 4 every tool box we sold that day. Big deal. Guess its better than nothin though.

Last years xmas party was out 4 tea, but had to buy our own drinks. Everyone had left by 8.30 - 9.00.
This year was a bbq at a workmates house, with drinks supplied, was a bit better. But thats it, my work is stingy!
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-12-2005, 05:04 PM   #30
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

We get $2 McDonalds vouchers where I work ... hee hee.
Crap
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post