Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #2881
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Now if could fit a compound turbo cummins into my ML351 well....................
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2021, 08:28 AM   #2882
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
3208 the Throwaway Cat. You want some odd swaps. check out 4BTswaps forum

F100's with 3 71, 4 71, 6V53, DD50's, Cats, Hummin Cummins 4bts, 6bts.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2021, 10:07 AM   #2883
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys View Post
Meanwhile in Western Australia........

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 24-02-2021, 12:20 AM   #2884
.:4:.
Kicking back

Bought my brother a guitar today. I cannot play a guitar, percussion is my thing. And no its not just hitting stuff, I've got a top level certification for hitting stuff from trinity. So even though its my birthday, my brother is one of those people who is good at stuff when he chooses to be good at it. So, his acoustic he got angry and smashed. His other acoustic, he gifted to the daughter of a bloke he works with. So that parts ok, the gifting bit. His electric, for reasons yet unknown, doesnt work. Its a 94 epiphone special.
I bought him, because cheap, my most hated style of guitar ever. A steel string acoustic.
It releives his violence when he has a creative outlet. Its a transfer of energy.
He's a mad guitarist, it just a shame its a steel string acoustic.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2021, 02:38 PM   #2885
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

As to the electric Gita, either the cheap 6,5mm output socket has come off its wires or the selector switch is oxidised.

What made me feel good today? CHOCOLATE!
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2021, 05:52 PM   #2886
Kicking back

I changed the trailer loom in my car today. Reason why just not the socket which was it was a standard 7 pin that didnt turn off the parking sensors. The loom i got was a TAG. Same as my towbar. I disregarded #1 on the comprehensive instructions. I dunno how to remove the rear bumper. However, long nose pliers and small girlish hands worked that part out.
The new loom had the extra plugs to turn off the parking sensors. It took me 40 minutes, and that was without the car jacked up and a hot exhaust. Aided by the fact whilst i didn't remove the rear bumper, it was floppy. Got the wiring stuff done, bent the rear bumper mounts back into place, replaced the missing scrivets. Tested the trailer socket, it works. Lid open, parking sensors are disabled. Rear bumper is back on solid. So cannot complain.
Old 25-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #2887
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Hearing my brother complaining that after five weeks they still can't work out why his VE SS-V won't start.

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2021, 07:34 PM   #2888
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This

Rides (past and present)
Current: 2004 Ford Falcon 5.4L 3v Barra 220, Manual
Past: Mitsubishi Sigma (m), Toyota Seca (m), Toyota Seca SX (m), Toyota Vienta V6 (m), Toyota Soarer 4L v8 (a), BA XR8 ute (m), T3 TE50 (m), BMW Z4 (m)

AFF motto - If contrary views trigger, please use ignore button.
T3rminator is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 25-02-2021, 07:51 PM   #2889
lumen8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

GME

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/GME?p=GME
lumen8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2021, 02:53 PM   #2890
Lunch
Wait, what?

Scoring 75% off at Spotlight.. $930 down to $230
Lunch is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-02-2021, 07:09 PM   #2891
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

The poor crowd at Bathurst today. Last time a sprint race was held at Mount Panorama was in 1996 and Youtube shows there were more people at that race than today.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
Old 28-02-2021, 07:15 PM   #2892
Giant Cranium
PURSUIT 250
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndrome View Post
The poor crowd at Bathurst today. Last time a sprint race was held at Mount Panorama was in 1996 and Youtube shows there were more people at that race than today.

There was no camping. If camping was allowed there would have been heaps more

Also wondering why that made you feel good? Do you hate Supercars that much?
Giant Cranium is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 01-03-2021, 08:06 PM   #2893
Kicking back

Got to visit my grandparents today, that was lovely. First time in ages. Covid was in the way.
I was driving, and my brother wanted another bristle nose catfish for his tank. He takes good care of his tank, its freshwater but he finds it easier to keep the fish from the same region. So amazonian. I got told the criteria, and bought my own fish. So the bristle nose happened, but i bought 5 Columbian tetras. You cannot buy 1 tetra, theyre schooling fish. So i bought 5. My brothers tank, the sides are owned by the bristle noses, the bottom is owned by woody the 7 year old catfish, 1 half of the top is where the other fish live, the other half is the territory of my columbian tetras.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:42 PM   #2894
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Ran out of trimmer line in my brush-cutter at the end of my jobs today. Very well timed.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-03-2021, 08:54 PM   #2895
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Cranium View Post
There was no camping. If camping was allowed there would have been heaps more

Also wondering why that made you feel good? Do you hate Supercars that much?
Because the series has become irrelevant. However as long as it continues to drag in money and media attention other categories will continue to suffer. The sooner it dies the sooner a new chapter can start.

My cars

Current ride

Previous rides
2 users like this post:
Old 02-03-2021, 09:19 PM   #2896
Kicking back

My kid went back to teikwondo today. Its been a while. Before covid stopped everything he had a string of schoolyard stacks and on separate occasions he broke a wrist and both thumbs. Thats all just being unco. But the kids classes in teikwondo are great for the little units. Its not about kicking skulls, its patterns, kicking pads, and in general just excersize. The kids classes my brother runs. Its proper korean style teikwondo. My brothers a second dan black belt. The master is Korean and was bantom weight world champ in 86, has an Olympic gold medal, was the head trainer for the Norwegian Olympic teikwondo team. So knows a thing or 2 about teikwondo. The only reason he settled in Australia is the AOC asked him to train the Australian Olympic team, but he declined as apparently Australians arent good at teikwondo, but he likes the country. He's a sick dude but. And with my brothers relationships with the teikwondo people, were all sort of family.
My kid was pretty worn out after, but its the first session in a long time, but theres no harm in that. Hes already passed his 3rd grading, so blue belt. But, its good because its not about aggression, but its way more of a work out then watching telly.
Old 03-03-2021, 04:26 PM   #2897
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being pulled over by a Police Drug stop while driving my FGX XR8.

A younger policeman came over, did breath test for alcohol, then pulled out a plastic scraper tongue drug tester and said we are checking for cannabis, ice, cocaine and some other stuff I think that I cannot recall.

I said shocked-"jeez cocaine" - as I know all about cocaine as I have been binging lately on Netflix Narcos Mexico - so I am a cocaine expert.

Anyway sat there for a few minutes with engine idling while they did the test, the Policeman came back with a colleague and said "all clear- but more importantly congratulations on your car" and then promptly started talking about the FGX XR8 and fact that the Police service in NSW at end got some.

His colleague then said he drove the Dick Johnson GTF and it went like the clappers.

The initial Policeman then said -good to see you look after it- you need to as its a piece of Australian history, then noticed the shockworks brakes and a discussion about them ensued.

He was a really nice guy and obviously loved cars and when I pulled off said "enjoy your car".

First time I have ever heard that from a member of the Police in context of me and cars.

Anyway- that whole interaction made me feel good, 2 really good friendly guys who had a love of automotive machinery and really liked and respected the Falcon FGX XR8s.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2021, 04:36 PM   #2898
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Got my first tetanus shot in 30yr's and didnt feel a thing
Old 03-03-2021, 04:37 PM   #2899
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Got the results back from my blood test and everything is Tip top and my Bad Colesterol is 3.7 !!

Wooohooo
Old 03-03-2021, 04:38 PM   #2900
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Dropped into Rainbow Nails in Robina and had a massage chair rock me to sleep while the young lass took care of my tootsies for 30min
Old 03-03-2021, 04:39 PM   #2901
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Just life in general

I am blessed.

Have a Great week guy's and ghoul's.. Daz
Old 03-03-2021, 04:40 PM   #2902
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Meanwhile in Western Australia........

Old 03-03-2021, 07:06 PM   #2903
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We had this person in our team who has been underperforming by a lot for years but they are finally gone after jumping before being pushed.

Its good that BS is in the rear view because it has been a long process and has been a massive resource drain.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-03-2021, 07:08 PM   #2904
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Were they from a certain part of the world whose diaspora have overrun LinkedIn with inflated CV?
2 users like this post:
Old 03-03-2021, 07:16 PM   #2905
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Were they from a certain part of the world whose diaspora have overrun LinkedIn with inflated CV?
Nah from here but very delusional about his capabilities. I have never worked with a bigger pain in the **** and believe was only in our team because they shifted the problem from another area.

I understand you shouldn't be able to just give someone the **** for no reason but these HR processes really take the ****.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-03-2021, 09:03 PM   #2906
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Trying to distract/cheer up my father a bit from an evening melancholy spell. Put on a Doctor Feelgood CD and theatrically mimed the guitar playing on a sofa cushion; leaping around, facial expressions and all.

Then he got a bit more animated and was talking about those wooden rattles people used to take to concerts and outdoor events. I don’t have one, so grabbed the noisiest 1/2” ratchet and short extension and said “Like this?” - he told me it wasn’t quite right but was OK.

Boredom set in quickly, so I diverted to pretend tightening of his joints with the ratchet. Ankles, knees, elbows - then mimed tightening a bolt in his neck like Frankenstein’s monster. That was fully understood and he had a good chuckle. With his extremely poor hearing and variable comprehension, I use a lot of physical comedy to entertain and distract.
Old 06-03-2021, 10:03 PM   #2907
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Don't you love it when a small job actually works out like you were expecting it to?

A few weeks back I had screen doors fitted to the new house (not sure how people can stand not having fresh air in the house ). Install all went well, but the young guy doing the measurement and quote noted that the laundry door would impact on the batten holder outside the door. To overcome this temporarily, I just removed the globe. During the week I purchased a 240v downlight and a surface mount socket outlet.

Today, I removed the old batten holder, cut a larger hole in the eave, terminated the supply cable into the socket, and installed the downlight. All done within an hour and no access into the roof required.

Now, I'm not an electrician and I don't condone a non-licensed electrician doing their own work. I know that it is illegal. I did, however, complete my first year of an electrical mechanic apprenticeship, am a degree qualified electrical engineer (you licensed electricians shouldn't hold that against me ) and have completed (although not tested) my pre-electrical inspectors course, so have self-assessed myself as competent to do this small job. Again, I don't condone the action though.

But, I was pleased that it stayed a small job. I hate it when you start what you think will be a small job, only to find that it takes you significantly longer than planned

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #2908
five 7
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Trying to distract/cheer up my father a bit from an evening melancholy spell. Put on a Doctor Feelgood CD and theatrically mimed the guitar playing on a sofa cushion; leaping around, facial expressions and all.

Then he got a bit more animated and was talking about those wooden rattles people used to take to concerts and outdoor events. I don’t have one, so grabbed the noisiest 1/2” ratchet and short extension and said “Like this?” - he told me it wasn’t quite right but was OK.

Boredom set in quickly, so I diverted to pretend tightening of his joints with the ratchet. Ankles, knees, elbows - then mimed tightening a bolt in his neck like Frankenstein’s monster. That was fully understood and he had a good chuckle. With his extremely poor hearing and variable comprehension, I use a lot of physical comedy to entertain and distract.
Reading this CB, your a good man.

Last edited by five 7; 07-03-2021 at 07:37 AM.
five 7 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 01:19 PM   #2909
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Don't you love it when a small job actually works out like you were expecting it to?

A few weeks back I had screen doors fitted to the new house (not sure how people can stand not having fresh air in the house ). Install all went well, but the young guy doing the measurement and quote noted that the laundry door would impact on the batten holder outside the door. To overcome this temporarily, I just removed the globe. During the week I purchased a 240v downlight and a surface mount socket outlet.

Today, I removed the old batten holder, cut a larger hole in the eave, terminated the supply cable into the socket, and installed the downlight. All done within an hour and no access into the roof required.

Now, I'm not an electrician and I don't condone a non-licensed electrician doing their own work. I know that it is illegal. I did, however, complete my first year of an electrical mechanic apprenticeship, am a degree qualified electrical engineer (you licensed electricians shouldn't hold that against me ) and have completed (although not tested) my pre-electrical inspectors course, so have self-assessed myself as competent to do this small job. Again, I don't condone the action though.

But, I was pleased that it stayed a small job. I hate it when you start what you think will be a small job, only to find that it takes you significantly longer than planned
Yes i am an electician, but things like that i see no harm in doing if things are made safe and a bit of know how. The small stuff electicians sting you in labour costs. What i installed for my porch light and in my laundry was clipsal 753r pir's. So 360 degree motion detectors. Theyre good because they have daylight settings. So set right they only detect when its dark. You can also set time and range. So time is how long it stays on from the last motion it senses, and range, thats pretty self explanatory. I still have the light switches as overide off switches. And during the times when its too bright to activate the sensors by motion (that setting can be adjusted) you turn the switch of then on and regardless, the sensor will activate untill its last motion is detected. The door to my laundry is external to my house, so its pretty convenient at night with a washing basket to walk in and have the light turn on, same as coming home at night and the front light turns on to save further fumbling around for keys.
2 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2021, 01:51 PM   #2910
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

After a few years of little interest in the bike have of late been out on it on a regular basis and loving it,today her indoors came with me which was great until it hosed down still enjoyed it,we used to do some big trips on the thing years back.No pic from today but this from the other day,old thing still puts a smile on me dial.