Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #211
samos

Default Re: Major Ford announcement

30% model increase means (compared to the current 10-models ford sells) we'll have 13 models to choose from?

lets keep an eye for volumes of THOSE when they come...
This user likes this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #212
2011G6E
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
We all knew it was coming..now the coupe de grace has been delivered. Lets hope the FH goes out on a major bang....
Sinead said "Increasing our portfolio by 30 %" does this translate as Taurus, Mustang, Fusion, Explorer ????
That's why I took away from his statement. He said that a couple of times about increasing the model range by 30%, so it's pretty obvious we'll see new stuff from the USA, and not before time.

The Falcon wouldn't last five minutes as an export item to the USA...old tech heavy engines, lack of standard features, etc. A G6E with all the fruit would be the absolute minimum an American buyer would expect to get served up to them, and even then it's missing a lot of stuff...go to the Yank Ford site and look at the standard equipment they are used to in cars...some of it doesn't even exist in our Falcons.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #213
DJL351
XR & FPV Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-spec15 View Post
You would be in the minority.

It was a stupid product that delayed their foray into fuel efficient technologies.

You might say producing the F6X demonstrated that Ford's business model and direction was doomed to fail.
FPV made the F6X you muppet! - NOT FORD!

FFS if you want to stick the boot in - fine - but aim it correctly next time.
2005 BF GT (6sp manual - Build #183)
2015 SZ MkII Territory Titanium
2016.75 LZ Focus Sport

Quote:
probably the stupidist post on aff - congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
There was once a time when every young man in this country was familiar with firearms and many owned them privately along with a stock of ammo and some bush gear.

Now the best we can hope for is to unfriend them on facebook then SMS their commanders with !!!1!!!!!!11!1!! and then finally plank a tank.......
Old 23-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #214
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
Will we get a performance replacement when the Iconic Falcon GT is no longer being manufactured?
GT500 Mustang
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #215
lucas2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Let's hope all the falcons get cranked up and go out with a bang
XR6T - 310
F6 - 350
GT - 400
XR8 - 370

One can only dream - terrible news.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #216
Fordman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_nick View Post
You know it's coming, you expect it, but it still hits you like a ton of bricks.
Yeh. Im still a Fordman, and still a Falcon man, just means I wont be able to buy a new one anymore.

In the long run this is something that had to be done you cannot sustain such loss and run an effective business.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #217
FG XR
Custom FG XR6!

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always keen to get on board and help others along the way 

I blame Ford's stupid marketing department! Nothing good or inspiring has come out of them. E.g flying hand ad. Territory ad that talks about facebook friends, festiva ad that talks about a bloody shoe compartment! And the eco boost whistling ad.

such a shame.
6 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:43 PM   #218
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
TRY HARDER!!!

You have lost me as a customer for EVER!!
My ******* god, mate. Honestly, why are you here? This is a sad time for everyone. Even people who aren't fans of the Falcon. I have been talking to alot of my friends over this subject this morning with the vast majority of them being Holden fans and have never missed a moment to rag on the Falcon as a whole. They are all shattered to hear this news. Why is it that Holden fans are as equally heartbroken over this news yet yourself, a self proclaimed Ford Fan, taking every opportunity you can take to throw fuel on the fire?

Whilst the number 1 car that most of us here love to see, hear and drive is going to become a huge part of our automotive history, most of us will see a future with Ford, myself including who will not see himself in a focus/fiesta/mondeo. I am honestly looking forward to what they can do after the Falcon and Territory is gone. Maybe after then I will see a mustang in my drive way? An affordable V8 that many of us have been asking for might just as well be a possibility here in Australia. Look at the bright side of things instead of sticking your middle finger up at Ford and rubbing salt in some very fresh wounds here on this website.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #219
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJG351 View Post
The new models will go ahead anounced by Bob! but it looks as though the falcon name will end in 2016 :( FPR will need to plan on racing Mustangs by then, "YES"... sorry but at least it is something to look forward to
They will need 2 more doors first, or a rule change
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #220
SE Ute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinead Phipps View Post
While we can’t provide you with too much detail, we also wanted to share with you, that we’ll be introducing several exciting new nameplates by 2016, increasing our portfolio by 30%.
By my calc's they've got 8 name plates now - Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Falcon, Territory, Kuga, Ranger & Transit. 8 x 30% = 2.4 new name plates.

What do you guys reckon will be the new name plates?
Old 23-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #221
Polyal
Virtuous Bogan (TM)
Donating Member2

Guys there is not much gained by shooting the messenger. Your frustration is better focussed in contacting Ford NA, who wont give a toss to be honest, Sinead is in a position that I for one would not want to be in and she didnt have to post here.

I hope Ford flips the bill or assist those working in upskill or finding another job.
  • 1999 Lexus IS200 - 1G-FE Turbo 6MT
  • 1973 ZF Ford Fairlane
8 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #222
Warrenk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeman View Post
2017 Commodore VJ confirmed .....do you believe that?
When GM introduced the SS they said it will manufactured in the US in 2016/17. Holden this year earlier said the Commodore nameplate will continue after the VF and I think it was also stated that it will be a front wheel drive. All this information I read from news links on the Ford Forums.

With Ford closing it manufacturing plants might have a silver lining, we might get some models in Australia that we would not get if they were manufacturing cars still. FPV Mustang?

Warren
Old 23-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #223
blackf6
R51 Pathy, 91 Jayco Swan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG XR View Post
I blame Ford's stupid marketing department! Nothing good or inspiring has come out of them. E.g flying hand ad. Territory ad that talks about facebook friends, festiva ad that talks about a bloody shoe compartment! And the eco boost whistling ad.

such a shame.
What's wrong with the whistling add? What do you expect? Whistle sound and twist finger around ear.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #224
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

If they release the entire Mustang range here it will alleviate some of the pain of losing the Falcon.
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #225
Trump
bitch lasagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas2 View Post
Let's hope all the falcons get cranked up and go out with a bang
XR6T - 310
F6 - 350
GT - 400
XR8 - 370

One can only dream - terrible news.
Only if they rename the GS as an XR8, as for the others, all they would have to do is slap the appropriate badge on the boot
Old 23-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #226
mcnamg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJG351 View Post
The new models will go ahead anounced by Bob! but it looks as though the falcon name will end in 2016 :( FPR will need to plan on racing Mustangs by then, "YES"... sorry but at least it is something to look forward to
If Ford stays in the V8 Supercommodoore series it will be racing either a Mondeo or Taurus or whatever other large 4 door sedan Ford has. It wont be mustang as it doesnt have 4 doors. Most likely to be Mondeo to match the NASCAR Fusions in the US
Old 23-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #227
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE Ute View Post
By my calc's they've got 8 name plates now - Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Falcon, Territory, Kuga, Ranger & Transit. 8 x 30% = 2.4 new name plates.

What do you guys reckon will be the new name plates?
Mustang, Taurus and Edge

Old 23-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #228
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kable72 View Post
My ******* god, mate. Honestly, why are you here? This is a sad time for everyone. Even people who aren't fans of the Falcon. I have been talking to alot of my friends over this subject this morning with the vast majority of them being Holden fans and have never missed a moment to rag on the Falcon as a whole. They are all shattered to hear this news. Why is it that Holden fans are as equally heartbroken over this news yet yourself, a self proclaimed Ford Fan, taking every opportunity you can take to throw fuel on the fire?

Whilst the number 1 car that most of us here love to see, hear and drive is going to become a huge part of our automotive history, most of us will see a future with Ford, myself including who will not see himself in a focus/fiesta/mondeo. I am honestly looking forward to what they can do after the Falcon and Territory is gone. Maybe after then I will see a mustang in my drive way? An affordable V8 that many of us have been asking for might just as well be a possibility here in Australia. Look at the bright side of things instead of sticking your middle finger up at Ford and rubbing salt in some very fresh wounds here on this website.
Who's throwing fuel??

I'm a Falcon fan, not a Ford one. I'm also an Australian, seeing a company walking away from Australian workers as well. Ford is now nothing more than an US import company. Why should I support them, they have jack for me now!!
4 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #229
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Some are expecting the AUD to crash in the next 12 months - maybe that will change things. Plants to be closed have been saved before.
3 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #230
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Does anyone know what the effects will be for local parts suppliers?
Can suppliers who supply all three survive without one? Are there many local parts suppliers who only provide for Ford?
Will Commodore and Camry have more imported content in them as a result? No doubt effecting the rrp or their bottom line.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #231
stevz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by I6DOHC View Post
Truly one of the darkest days for Australia I've seen in my time.

We live in a country full of patriots, that show that patriotism by buying imports and supporting other countries skills/manufacturing in doing so.

This has been happening across many industries over many years, all with Government assistance. My belief was that while the big 3 auto makers remained local, manufacturing here, there was still hope. Unfortunately, not to be.

It's now fast tracked the end for the local manufacturing industry. I hope all Australians take great pleasure in investing in every country other than their own. The next generation I'm sure will be ever thankful.
Mate I couldn't have put it better myself.... this is 100% spot on.
People's attitudes towards the local product and their insistence on purchasing imported vehicles sickens me to the core.
Australia has become nothing but a great big sell-out. Somebody build me a time machine so I can go back and live in the 1980's.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #232
Road_Warrior
Pity the fool

Absolutely gutted. Storied nameplates, gone. Workers jobs, gone. Ford Australia's heart and soul, gone.

And all you self righteous ********* who have been willing and wishing this to happen for years can go and punch yourself in the face.

1970 XW Falcon GT replica | 1970 XW Falcon | 1971 XY Fairmont | 1973 ZG Fairlane | 1986 XF Falcon panel van | 1987 XFII Falcon S-Pack | 1988 XF Falcon GLS ute | 1993 EBII Fairmont V8 | 1996 XG Falcon ute | 2000 AU Falcon wagon | 2004 BA Falcon XT | 2012 SZ Territory Titanium AWD

Proud to buy Australian and support Ford Australia through thick and thin
Old 23-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #233
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
If the update goes ahead, then never say never?

Look at the I6 plant that was set to close down and later the decision was reversed. This could just be the catalyst needed to get government support. Labor or Liberal could claim they are the hero that saved manufacturing.

I hope the close date is 2016 not 2013, that gives plenty of time to overturn especially with a vastly improved model next year.
This!!!
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
Old 23-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #234
GT-spec15

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS View Post
Happy to be in the minority and not be a sheep, anyway its was FPV's decision, not Fords back then, had nothing to do with Ford not doing a more efficient Terry
Ford played NO role in paving the way for the F6X?

Please, tell me more.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #235
Kable72
Parts Interpreter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe5619 View Post
Who's throwing fuel??

I'm a Falcon fan, not a Ford one. I'm also an Australian, seeing a company walking away from Australian worker as well. Ford is now nothing more than an US import company. Why should I support them, they have jack for me now!!
I myself am a Falcon Fan but by extension a Ford fan. I love the blue oval and have respected nearly every vehicle that they have released in the last 10 years. Every car they have on the market now is going to be supporting australians through subletting accessory parts, manufacturing spare parts, sales staff, advertising staff and keeping at least half of the workers at Ford australia. You are throwing fuel on the fire by making it quite painfully clear that ford are nothing but a piece of trash for keeping a dying model alive as long as possible. I don't like what has happened anymore than you do but you are phishing for a reaction which you have caught me hook, line and sinker. If you have nothing good to say on this particular thread then don't comment here because you're going to be doing nothing but irritating and hurting many people on this forum, myself included.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #236
PridenJoy
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For his contributions to the forum, especially showcased with his highly detailed AU build threads. He is a fountain of AU knowledge. 

Do people really think if Ford bring the Mustang here it will be reasonably priced? Have people forgotten how much premium Aussies pay for their cars compared to most other countries in the world? Love to be proven wrong but doubt anyone would get much change out of $60k for Mustang, and that's the BASE model.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #237
XRFutura
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel quite numb after hearing about this.

I also feel for all the workers at the broadmeadows and geelong plants.

Like people have said, you know its coming, but its still a huge shock as there was always that slim hope that things might change for the good. But yeah......

Past Vehicles:
2015 Ford Territory TS MKII - diesel burner
2016 Ford FM Mustang GT - The Dream Car
2007 FPV BF MKII GT - popping the V8 cherry
1997 Ford EL Falcon Futura - 6 cylinders of fury
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #238
GT-spec15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Some are expecting the AUD to crash in the next 12 months - maybe that will change things. Plants to be closed have been saved before.
Mate the ship has sailed.

Almost NOBODY is buying Falcon today. You aren't going to get a massive swing back to Falcon simply because the dollar softens over the next 12 months. And that's IF it softens.
Old 23-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #239
Nathan Detailme
Starter Motor

One of my favourite earliest memories is watching dick johnson racing through the dipper on my old mans shoulders

What happens to v8 supercars now?

A Bathurst 1000 without a ford falcon.... That is a world i do not want to live in
2 users like this post:
Old 23-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #240
Mighty Reds
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is probably a dumb question but is the Corolla made in Aus?.
Closed Thread