Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 27-06-2007, 04:14 PM   #31
burnz
VFII SS UTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev28K

There have been a few 7.0 litre V8 conversions in to VZ, what gearbox did they use? Hollinger?
"yes" a sequentual one
burnz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #32
Rodp
Regular Schmuck

Build to order, screw the limited edition!
Rodp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 04:37 PM   #33
fou_bleu
Get EcoBoosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRated
Give the kid a break, he's only 12 or something!!

HSV knows how to market in every way possible, this is just going to cement their status as the number one Aussie V8 sedan maker. Good on them. If you've got it; flaunt it :P
14 btw, and with 20's stock, they aint gonna find a) sticky enough rubber and b) brakes good enough! C'mon, we're talkin' bout GM here!
fou_bleu is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #34
WAR40T
EL GHIA LIFE

i dont believe GM will release this car by october, read wheels mag this morning. its just a matter of time before ford releases the GT spec engine in a falcon, maybe a special edition GTHO will be available in orion mk2. Ford fans are crying out for the re-release of the GTHO, they are just waiting for the perfect time, and make a vehicle that will live up to the name.
WAR40T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 04:52 PM   #35
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArulz
What motors do FORD have???
The only real choice is the American Ford GT supercharged engine!!!
What motors do Ford have? They have a turbocharged 4.0 litre that'll rip any HSV apart... without blinkin' an eyelid!
Old 27-06-2007, 04:57 PM   #36
Mr. CVE
If it aint Blown it Sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
I'll beleive it when i see it. But if true - giddyup.
The rumor for this car is definately true. As I have done work on it.
However October this year , may be pushing it a bit.

Would be nice for Ford to have a counter claim, but I seriously doubt it.
FPV are of the opinion that thier 290 kw v8 is all they need, pity, however it keeps the aftermarket people in business!
320 rwkw, 810 nm torque, 280rwkw @3000 rpm !! :thebirds:
Now for sale
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11296772

Thanks to Snort Performance, Headsex and CVE
Street car DeTomaso Pantera
Drag car 1995 Mustang, Haleys Comet ( It's back !)
Power by CVE
Melbourne's first SNIPER Tuner :
Now tuning E series
Mr. CVE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #37
DougM

I don't see how this is a viable solution for Holden as GMC is looking at a supercharged 427 to replace the Corvette one Holden are looking at due to very expensive production costs......The S/C 427 will be a mass produced item with the blower to get similar power(not 650kw!!!) as the current engine......If GMC are looking for a cheaper option for their flagship car why wouldn't Holden who have lost almost $300mil in the last 2 years.
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #38
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8capri
The rumor for this car is definately true. As I have done work on it.
However October this year , may be pushing it a bit.

Would be nice for Ford to have a counter claim, but I seriously doubt it.
FPV are of the opinion that thier 290 kw v8 is all they need, pity, however it keeps the aftermarket people in business!

They do have a counter claim.
Ford will be the ones backing the lobby group to cry to the govt, to start the super car scare all over again.

They will then haphazardly bolt together a "proposed" contender to the threat and whinge about the fact that the Govt put an end to it..........

I for one would love to see this MONSTER GTS on the road. And for the record, how many of the whingers here would actually back / buy a FORD product if it sold for 120 or 150K ???????

Its no good "wanting" to see a FORD GTHO type car if no one backs it up with volume purchases. Seems most FORD buyers are too busy spending the cash on older classics...............LOL
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #39
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Went to a Q & A sesssion with Tom Gorman during the FPV Open Day weekend and the topic of power figures came up. Gorman made the point (and I have to agree to an extent) that at which point do you say enough is enough? He put forward that realistically, how much power and what sort of speeds does a car really need in a country where most of us are limited to 110km/h? I know we're talking about performance cars here, but how much is enough - 300kw? 350? 400? More?

Probably better off working on improving ride, handling, driveline etc rather than just increasing the power.
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #40
Bent8
Long live the GT !

7 Litres and only 385kW/620Nm??...

That's pathetic HSV...AMG makes that kind of power from just 6.2 Litres!!

Imagine what you'd get if Ford sold a car for $150k, they could call it the GTHO

5.4L with Lysholm Supercharger (410kW/675Nm Ford GT Spec)
6 Speed ZF Auto with Launch control
6-Piston Ceramic brakes all-round
Adjustable Suspension
19inch Magnesium wheels (245F/285R)
Racing stripes
Full Leather/Sunroof

Should be good for low 12 ET's.

"Whatya think of me car, XR Falcon, 351 Blown Cleveland running Motec injection and runnin' on methanol... goes pretty hard too, got heaps of torque for chucking burnouts, IT'S UNREAL !!" - Poida
Bent8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #41
DougM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTXR
Went to a Q & A sesssion with Tom Gorman during the FPV Open Day weekend and the topic of power figures came up. Gorman made the point (and I have to agree to an extent) that at which point do you say enough is enough? He put forward that realistically, how much power and what sort of speeds does a car really need in a country where most of us are limited to 110km/h? I know we're talking about performance cars here, but how much is enough - 300kw? 350? 400? More?

Probably better off working on improving ride, handling, driveline etc rather than just increasing the power.
As much as we all love to see MORE POWER it is a valid point......

If you want a race car, don't start with a 1800kg car!!!!

I personally wouldn't pay 150k for an Australian car......Aussie cars are great value for money up to a certain price point but you just cannot compare the quality to euro cars...

A 150k HSV still comes down the same line as an Omega.....

We've had an M3 beemer in the family and even though my XR6T is quicker in a straight line, the overall handling,comfort,quality of the beemer are miles ahead of ANY Aussie car....

If I wanted to spend 150k on an aussie car then it would be some classic muscle......
DougM is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #42
DGROMS

Quote:

What a load of crap, if that was his/Ford's real opinion why haven't they made any improvements in the driveline since 2002. How many people have broken there drivelines with nearly stock machines, I have killed 3 diffs. And it has taken just as long to actually release an upgraded suspension setup which doesn't appear to be that much better anyway.
DGROMS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:50 PM   #43
FASTXR
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGROMS
What a load of crap, if that was his/Ford's real opinion why haven't they made any improvements in the driveline since 2002.
I wouldn't say that the ZF 6-speed auto wasn't a driveline improvement!
I know there were some diff issues (particularly in the BAs), but I was under the impression that they'd been mostly rectified?
Besides, the point was that Gorman/Ford felt that basing a car on power figures alone was not what they wanted to do. There's a heap of people who are more than happy with the standard Boss 290 engine - its just things like handling and excess weight that bring the car down. These are the areas where Ford needs to be working.
FASTXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:53 PM   #44
Nikked
Oo\===/oO

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Long time member, loves Fords, sensible contributor and does some good and interesting posts. 

Quote:

thats just ford telling us want we want, like with the FTE's they went for the ride and handleing and sucked...people bying the GTS/r will no doubt be people with serious track ambitions.

now...waht crate motors will the boss cylinder heads fit...

Check out my Photo-chop page

T...I...C...K...F...O...R...D
\≡≡T≡≡/
Nikked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 05:58 PM   #45
KBBossedXR
GetBlown or GetBlown Away

I read a article some where the other day that was saying that the HSV range will be coming out with more power due to alot of concerns that the SS had the same power as the HSV's with alot less price. this decision was made with the input from HSV owners.
If Ford/FPV dont come out with something to match no beat Holden they will be in trouble, specifications and race track victories sell cars, so lets have more kw, torque, quicker 1/4mile.
KBBossedXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:00 PM   #46
ef_classic
Banned

A mate of mine who has contacts at Ford, says that the new 08 Falcon xr6T models will be twice as powerful as they are now.

Good chance he is being fooled though.
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #47
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i just wish FPV vehicles power could compare to HSV's...

cmon FPV, please go all out.
Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:05 PM   #48
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My feelings are Ford or FPV wont give 2 hoots about competing with a super low production number $150K ish price tag "ultimate bogan mobile" special... Pub or school yard bragging rights has never been a high priority... History has proven this.

Old 27-06-2007, 06:12 PM   #49
jarridtheruler
I wish I was offshore....

If this thing actually comes into production, it will be awesome! But i can't see it happening, it sounds like the 427 monaro all over again
jarridtheruler is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:20 PM   #50
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAR54L
i dont believe GM will release this car by october, read wheels mag this morning. its just a matter of time before ford releases the GT spec engine in a falcon, maybe a special edition GTHO will be available in orion mk2. Ford fans are crying out for the re-release of the GTHO, they are just waiting for the perfect time, and make a vehicle that will live up to the name.
Ford fans maybe crying out for a GTHO, but how many of said teary fans will part with $150K for a hot Falcon... My guess is not many hence why FPV havent or wont do one.
Like i said, Ford want to sell cars for a profit, not help people win "bench races" in the pub or school yard.

Old 27-06-2007, 06:21 PM   #51
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

I will say in again, Twin screw supercharger. It is the easiest way to do it, the current 290 Boss for XR8, The same 290 Boss with 6psi for the GT and a Range topper 290 with 10psi for a $95000 GT HP. Would make 390kw with very very conservative tune and Add 20 inch wheels 370mm Brakes and 6 piston brembos. They would only need to change the rods and pistons in the supercharged models which they use locally made now anyway. The rest of the motor could remain unchanged except for the Oil pump. I dont think the GT HO name should be used as it should remain from the seventies as it really does not need to be prostituted and would ruin the image. We all know what a HO is so lets leave it the respect it deserves. but GT HP as in High Performance would suit.
Old 27-06-2007, 06:22 PM   #52
Rev28K
re

Location: Victoria - where being slow & incompetent is considered being "safe"

It’d make for a very nice tow car
Scuderia Rev: Otto the tow pig - 2007 3.0 litre Coupé, vernünftig schnelle aber kein peilstab, Bathurst 2007 und 2010 zwölf Stunde Gewinner Jaffa the angry ant - mid 70's Honda 市民の, 73 と立方インチ LSD Elle "the body" shell - early 70's Datsun フェアレディ coupe. いい体は彼女の内側、内側と土台を待つ
Rev28K is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #53
jdg
Aussie cars rule!

Ride and handling count just as much in a performance car as power and torque figures do. Methinks that's where the big improve will (should) be...

jdg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:26 PM   #54
FlipXW
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo
I will say in again, Twin screw supercharger. It is the easiest way to do it, the current 290 Boss for XR8, The same 290 Boss with 6psi for the GT and a Range topper 290 with 10psi for a $95000 GT HP. Would make 390kw with very very conservative tune and Add 20 inch wheels 370mm Brakes and 6 piston brembos. They would only need to change the rods and pistons in the supercharged models which they use locally made now anyway. The rest of the motor could remain unchanged except for the Oil pump. I dont think the GT HO name should be used as it should remain from the seventies as it really does not need to be prostituted and would ruin the image. We all know what a HO is so lets leave it the respect it deserves. but GT HP as in High Performance would suit.
That all sounds pretty good
FlipXW is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #55
Des
V8 Rock'n'Roll....

Location: You got me Rootin' like a Hog, Barkin' like a Dog, Climbing trees and Jumping logs....

FPV need to call BPR/ACE. Wack an intercooled Kenne Bell blower on some GT's, more focused suspension and brakes and "wallah". 350rwkw odd and fun for all the fans....
Blown 329 cui smoking n/a 427 cui? I'd like to see that....

208.8 rwkw stock, update soon

20x8.5 fr 20x10 rr
Rumble thanks to:
Sureflo Exhaust - Stainless Cat's & 3.5in single catback system

"Tell 'em the guy with the Blue Mohawk sent Ya"
Des is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #56
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

The HSV IS ONLY GOING TO BE $125 000 not $150 000 and an FPV would need to be around the $95000. You ask who will pay $125 000 for a ford, where have you all been people are paying $600 000+ FOR GT HO's without any concern and $250 000 for BMW's and Mercs so $100 000 for a Falcon would be no problems. How many people out there have spent $100000 on the B series Falcons with buy price plus mods.
Old 27-06-2007, 06:30 PM   #57
ClevlndStemer
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

wow if this does happen it would be awesome. I hope they can put all that power to the ground and make it handle too.
ClevlndStemer is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-06-2007, 06:33 PM   #58
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdg
Ride and handling count just as much in a performance car as power and torque figures do. Methinks that's where the big improve will (should) be...
I tend to agree, more-so now than ever before "political correctness" will be a key selling point and with the focus on safety, excessive speeding and irresponsible driving as "flavour of the month" in the media i wonder if HSV would cop a mauling if they released such a vehicle...

Old 27-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #59
4Vman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaturbo
The HSV IS ONLY GOING TO BE $125 000 not $150 000 and an FPV would need to be around the $95000. You ask who will pay $125 000 for a ford, where have you all been people are paying $600 000+ FOR GT HO's without any concern and $250 000 for BMW's and Mercs so $100 000 for a Falcon would be no problems. How many people out there have spent $100000 on the B series Falcons with buy price plus mods.
Dont EVER confuse those people spending 600+K on a rare collectable classic like a Phase 3 with the mainstream "Performance sedan" population...
I dont know anyone who's invested 100K in a B series either.

Old 27-06-2007, 06:37 PM   #60
Eaturbo
BUILT FORD TUFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Vman
I tend to agree, more-so now than ever before "political correctness" will be a key selling point and with the focus on safety, excessive speeding and irresponsible driving as "flavour of the month" in the media i wonder if HSV would cop a mauling if they released such a vehicle...
I dont think so, if they do this they would have to stop every Farrari, Lambo,Audi, BMW,Merc,Maserati, Porshe and more that is sold in Australia, and its not a normal everyday model.