Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Site Sponsor Forums - In Alphabetical Order > Race Brakes Sydney

Race Brakes Sydney Street and race performance pad / rotor combinations as well as brake upgrades and Exedy clutch kits. Website Link

Old 21-09-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
nordost

Default QFM HP-X Brake Pad Squeal

Got QFM HP-X Brake Pads put on my G6ET and had factory discs machined. Have been getting some shocking brake squeal on prolonged light application of the brake pedal.

The only way I can seem to get rid of it is to lay down a bit on the material on the disc with a few consecutive hard braking events. Comes back again after a while.

Not sure if my mechanic used caliper grease?

Is squealing normal for these pads? Anything I should ask my mechanic to do to get rid of the squeal?

Pads will have to go if I can't resolve the squealing - its shocking.

Old 22-09-2011, 10:27 AM   #2
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Default Re: QFM HP-X Brake Pad Squeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordost
Got QFM HP-X Brake Pads put on my G6ET and had factory discs machined. Have been getting some shocking brake squeal on prolonged light application of the brake pedal.

The only way I can seem to get rid of it is to lay down a bit on the material on the disc with a few consecutive hard braking events. Comes back again after a while.

Not sure if my mechanic used caliper grease?

Is squealing normal for these pads? Anything I should ask my mechanic to do to get rid of the squeal?

Pads will have to go if I can't resolve the squealing - its shocking.

Pads squeal with these pads is not common and we sell more of these pads for Fords than any other car on the road. These brake pads have no shim on the backing plate and when fitting them we use a ceramic or copper mix paste on the back of the brake pad where the pistons would touch to help avoiding any brake noises also the caliper slides should be checked. Bendix now have satchells of the ceramic paste available that could be purchased and also did the brake pads get bedded in correctly? Sorry for asking but did we supply the pads to you and if so can you PM me the invoice number please so i can sort something out to help you.

Street to track is what we expertise in

Phone 02 9609 1101

sales@racebrakessydney.com.au

www.racebrakessydney.com.au
FLOORED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-09-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
nordost

Hello,

Thank you for your most helpful advice. My mechanic purchased the pads, but not sure where. To bed them in I followed the procedure here;

http://qfm.com.au/page/12

Do you sell the Bendix ceramic paste?

Thanks for your help.
Old 24-09-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for your most helpful advice. My mechanic purchased the pads, but not sure where. To bed them in I followed the procedure here;

http://qfm.com.au/page/12

Do you sell the Bendix ceramic paste?

Thanks for your help.
Try the bedding in procedure again but leave the distance to only 150 to 200mtrs between braking.I can get it but your local spare parts shop would also be able to get it as well if you are to far away from me.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 06-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
phil545
Hot Hatch!

Hi Guys

Mine also squeal pretty bad when coming to a stop. Can be booting down a hill and get on the brakes and no squeak at all just very nice stopping power, however pulling up to my driveway and slowing down the last 20km/h gives a massive squeal. I sourced these myself and my mech fitted them but yeah not too impressed with the squeal. Check my thread for some pics,

On a side note Matt - lovin the steel braided brake lines - thanks again

New Build Thread! http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11396029

Old BF Falcon Build Thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11317452
phil545 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #6
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil545
Hi Guys

Mine also squeal pretty bad when coming to a stop. Can be booting down a hill and get on the brakes and no squeak at all just very nice stopping power, however pulling up to my driveway and slowing down the last 20km/h gives a massive squeal. I sourced these myself and my mech fitted them but yeah not too impressed with the squeal. Check my thread for some pics,

On a side note Matt - lovin the steel braided brake lines - thanks again
The pad squeal is something that occurs perodically with these pads in which i mean we can sell 10 sets and have no problems and then sell another 10 sets and have a couple of noise issues. Light braking is the most common time a pad will squeal because the pad is not fully pushed hard against the rotor which allows for harmonic issues but pad squeak is common in many brands of brake pads.
If the noise is unbearable just bring them back and we will sort something out for you on another brand of brake pad.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 09-01-2012, 02:56 PM   #7
phil545
Hot Hatch!

Thanks Matt, i sourced these myself so all good. You are right, it is on light braking and periodically. Its funny my normal ford pads i had for ages (i think they were never replaced and lated 120km) never squealed at all, didnt stop to well either so i guess its all a trade off haha

New Build Thread! http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11396029

Old BF Falcon Build Thread - http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11317452
phil545 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #8
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil545
Thanks Matt, i sourced these myself so all good. You are right, it is on light braking and periodically. Its funny my normal ford pads i had for ages (i think they were never replaced and lated 120km) never squealed at all, didnt stop to well either so i guess its all a trade off haha
Your right sometimes it is a trade off but try to put a chamfer on the pads and rebed then in as this sometimes works.

Phone 02 9609 1101

Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 AM   #9
nordost

Just a follow up thanks to Matt - brake squeal was resolved my mechanic spoke to Matt over the phone and they sorted out the squeal. Ended up using this;

http://www.crcindustries.com.au/disc-brake-quiet
Old 12-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #10
05_ENFORCER

Not trying to blow wind up his backside but Matt is "the man" when it comes to brakes and helpfull advice above and beyond the normal call of duty.

Well done Matt, keep up the good work

Old 12-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #11
FLOORED
Race Brakes Sydney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_ENFORCER
Not trying to blow wind up his backside but Matt is "the man" when it comes to brakes and helpfull advice above and beyond the normal call of duty.

Well done Matt, keep up the good work

Cheques in the mail

Quote:
Just a follow up thanks to Matt - brake squeal was resolved my mechanic spoke to Matt over the phone and they sorted out the squeal. Ended up using this;

http://www.crcindustries.com.au/disc-brake-quiet
Thankyou i am glad it worked out

Phone 02 9609 1101