Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 23-02-2024, 09:41 AM   #5641
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

The new apps and recent phones have a feature enabling you to find the car.
I have never used it but in multi story shop centre car parks embed in my brain the level number and which end the car is at.
kevino is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 23-02-2024, 09:54 AM   #5642
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

In my cars with hands-free, the phone can find “Parked Car”. Otherwise - if one remembers in the first place - the photo works well for me.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2024, 10:21 AM   #5643
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

used a app while we were touring Europe, just logged where I parked then when I wanted the car it brought up a map and guided me like google maps
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 23-02-2024, 10:23 AM   #5644
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Another option would be to use 'what three words' as that allows you to locate something to a 3m by 3m grid. Snap your three words, then put it back in to get directions. Wouldn't work in a multi story where you don't have gps signal, tho.

How do the apps work? GPS signal? That has limitations, as per above.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-02-2024, 12:02 PM   #5645
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

The app was just called find my parked car, logo was a upside down teardrop with a car in it, I think it had provision to add what floor you parked in, but never used it, we used street parking as it was easy to find.

Was great when we parked up and went sight seeing, you lose track of which way you have walked and there would be no way of finding your way back
Old 23-02-2024, 02:25 PM   #5646
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We drove in, rounded one bend and parked in the end spot against the rail.
Was so easy and simple I never even bothered to look at Levels or numbers.
Dumb move.
Would have been fine if we had re-entered from same direction.
Will chalk it up to needing exercise anyway
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-03-2024, 05:30 PM   #5647
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Battery time for the iPhail. Five years has been a good run but it’s getting too hot when charging, and depleting fast.

I jumped onto Maps, looking for the phone number of the same provider as my last repair - permanently closed just two months ago! I hate that!

(Aside, if anyone has a good Greater Sydney recommendation outside of the Apple shopfronts, happy to hear it.)
Old 04-03-2024, 05:52 PM   #5648
Tassie f100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
We drove in, rounded one bend and parked in the end spot against the rail.
Was so easy and simple I never even bothered to look at Levels or numbers.
Dumb move.
Would have been fine if we had re-entered from same direction.
Will chalk it up to needing exercise anyway
Had the problem in Melb few years ago parked in multi level park off one street.counted the number of levels as we were walking down.Wandered around the city and went into the same carpark from the opposite side,counted the levels on the way up.Get up there and no car,panic then think,maybe mis count so went up or down one level and there it was.
Tassie f100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 01:05 PM   #5649
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Battery time for the iPhail. Five years has been a good run but it’s getting too hot when charging, and depleting fast.

I jumped onto Maps, looking for the phone number of the same provider as my last repair - permanently closed just two months ago! I hate that!

(Aside, if anyone has a good Greater Sydney recommendation outside of the Apple shopfronts, happy to hear it.)
Thought you were going to say that you jumped onto maps....and the battery died!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 05-03-2024, 01:33 PM   #5650
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Fair go. I only lose one car at a time.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:38 PM   #5651
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:

quite a few around Chatswoo CB as you may well know.
I've used one or two sometime ago just can't recall which but they are all similar.....

I've never had iphail prob tbh have used them since came to market, mind you I update every 2yrs lol......
Also having had a daughter just finish school last year had to get a mac long ago, felt dealing with apple incl taking insurance for peace of mind.
They have been brilliant over the years and the insurance paid for itself twice over the way kids don't look after em.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2024, 01:45 PM   #5652
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I squeeze 4-5 years out of a phone, then new battery, replace screen protector and gift to younger brother - who’s not a phone person. He gets upgraded with my every cast-off. Was looking at the place in Mosman, but have to check - they might place a surcharge on official rates.
Old 05-03-2024, 01:49 PM   #5653
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

as you know you'll pay more there.....
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-03-2024, 06:12 PM   #5654
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Our local council had a brainwave to change the weekly general waste collection to fortnightly. In the process, green waste changed to weekly instead of fortnightly, and we were supposed to get another glass-only recycling bin. The theory being that the extra recycling bin, and fortnightly collection of a smaller general waste bin would encourage residents to be more mindful of recycling. Good.................in theory.

Except, council instigated these changes before having the new glass recycling bins in stock and delivered to residents................... 8 months later and we still don't have them.

With the smaller 80-liter general waste bin, this household fills it within a week. So, of course, council are happy to charge you extra for a larger bin, which was requested more than six weeks ago. The instruction was to leave the bin out front and it would be swapped after collection day.

I phoned them today with a please explain, only to be told that a visit was made and determined we already had the 240-liter waste bin. Sorry darling, but that is completely incorrect, either your operator is completely stupid, or blind, and I've been leaving the bin out in the street for weeks waiting. I was then told my request would be refreshed, but the 240-liter waste bins are out of stock.

They have one bloody job. I have a hard time paying for incompetence.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 07:16 PM   #5655
Charliewool
Bolt Nerd
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Our local council had a brainwave to change the weekly general waste collection to fortnightly. In the process, green waste changed to weekly instead of fortnightly, and we were supposed to get another glass-only recycling bin. The theory being that the extra recycling bin, and fortnightly collection of a smaller general waste bin would encourage residents to be more mindful of recycling. Good.................in theory.

Except, council instigated these changes before having the new glass recycling bins in stock and delivered to residents................... 8 months later and we still don't have them.

With the smaller 80-liter general waste bin, this household fills it within a week. So, of course, council are happy to charge you extra for a larger bin, which was requested more than six weeks ago. The instruction was to leave the bin out front and it would be swapped after collection day.

I phoned them today with a please explain, only to be told that a visit was made and determined we already had the 240-liter waste bin. Sorry darling, but that is completely incorrect, either your operator is completely stupid, or blind, and I've been leaving the bin out in the street for weeks waiting. I was then told my request would be refreshed, but the 240-liter waste bins are out of stock.

They have one bloody job. I have a hard time paying for incompetence.
Too busy getting involved in World Affairs!
2 wheels.. 2015 103ci HD Wideglide.. SOLD
SOLD THE LOT, Voted with our feet and relocated to COSTA RICA for some Pura Vida!
(Ex Blood Orange #023 FPV Pursuit owner : )
Charliewool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 07:21 PM   #5656
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Too busing funding and building pointless projects that no one really wants. Too busy having meetings and throwing childish pot shots at one another. Too busy chasing "events" to bring tourists to town at the expensive of the people who actually live here. Too busy justifying their jobs to anyone that will listen.
Mustang GT

7 users like this post:
Old 05-03-2024, 10:26 PM   #5657
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliewool View Post
Indeed. A prospective resident would rightfully (scoff, snort) inquire of them, what is Council’s position on Israel? Or do they support subsidised veterinary care for children and adolescents who identify as animals? What about a tailored welcome pack for new residents who are POC?
4 users like this post:
Old 07-03-2024, 10:52 PM   #5658
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
I lost my car for most of an hour this afternoon. Couldn’t remember where I’d parked it in Chatswood - just the general area. Walked several kilometres of the street grid until it appeared. Perfectly stabled under a “No Parking” sign.
My form is good. Spent 90 minutes shopping tonight, discovered on return I’d left the back door swinging open.

Earlier today had filled the ute tank ($120) without the Visa card to hand - whoops. And thereafter driven a 200km round trip to sort a misfire but discovered it wasn’t what I thought it was - and I’d not packed any tools for other possibilities than that which I’d fixed upon. Or my diagnostic gear!

4 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2024, 02:23 PM   #5659
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

I'm really struggling with the current trend of thin led-based indicators on some newer cars. They are so thin they have a very narrow operating range, both horizontally and vertically.

Definitely a case of form over function, for me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2024, 02:25 PM   #5660
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I'm really struggling with the current trend of thin led-based indicators on some newer cars. They are so thin they have a very narrow operating range, both horizontally and vertically.

Definitely a case of form over function, for me.
Thank you non compliant ADR imports everyone wants.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2024, 05:57 PM   #5661
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

What is it with Gumtree/Ebay/Marketplace???

- I'll list an item that is more than fairly priced (less than half what anyone else would be asking) and the first offer will be for some ridiculous low ball that isn't even rational.
- Seeing items listed that are worth $5 listed for thousands.

Are these platforms indicative of the state of humanity???
fatgas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2024, 06:17 PM   #5662
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgas View Post

- I'll list an item that is more than fairly priced (less than half what anyone else would be asking) and the first offer will be for some ridiculous low ball that isn't even rational.

Yes!

I've dabbled in selling unwanted items on Marketplace, but it's an exercise in frustration. Sometimes it's just easier and less time consuming to just throw the item away than putting up with antics some like to play.

"What's your best price?"..............um, the price its listed for, you either want it or you don't.
Mustang GT

2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2024, 07:15 PM   #5663
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

whenever Iam planning a trip to Adelaide I'll always search FB Marketplace for things I may want, if the seller is prepared to hold for 7 -2 days I'll always offer what they were asking. Now that gets some strange comments.
Old 10-03-2024, 07:58 PM   #5664
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

With each item I place for sale with FB Marketplace I add the line
"Low Ballers will be blocked" works for me and if I happen to get the odd Fkwit which happens at times, well they get blocked, and that is one less fkwit to contend with future for sale posts.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2024, 08:04 PM   #5665
fatgas
Purveyor of fine filth

I can understand if I have listed a half eaten sandwich for $1250, but when I'm listing previous generation PC bits and pieces for half their worth... GAGF.
fatgas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2024, 08:20 PM   #5666
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

I finally bought new blades for the Bunny’s mower; as he’s still nowhere to be found I figured it was convenient to keep using it…

Pulled the blade carrier down and discovered the blade bolts’ wave washers were half broken and the other two pretty sad-looking.

That will teach me to decline the saleswoman’s suggestion of new fixings when buying the blades; another 10km round trip to sort.
2 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2024, 08:45 PM   #5667
Rallye Sport
RS The Faster Fords

Quote:

I find it to be great sport dealing with the feeble of mind on gumtree.
I had some bricks up for free, old mate asks whats the lowest I'll take, I say $20, he comes back with $10, we settle on $15. Sure enough he turned up with the money and took them

Lowballers are fair game too, I've got a few 'bits' I use like;
Sure I'll take you're offer, I'm a bit pushed for time right now but I could meet you at the cemetery around midnight, carpark 13, just mutter I summon thee three times and I shall appear.
Please bring the correct money though as I don't have any change pockets in my virgin sacrificing outfit. See you there!

Haven't had a single lowballer turn up yet
FG XR50 Daily.
Rallye Sport is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 10-03-2024, 08:50 PM   #5668
.:4:.
Kicking back

Ive had some good experiences with using physical cash on purchase from online adds. Price tends to go down quite quickly when its physical cash not bank transfers. Dunno the how or why as who uses cash these days, but it for for whatever reason works.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2024, 09:05 PM   #5669
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Yes!

I've dabbled in selling unwanted items on Marketplace, but it's an exercise in frustration. Sometimes it's just easier and less time consuming to just throw the item away than putting up with antics some like to play.

"What's your best price?"..............um, the price its listed for, you either want it or you don't.

that's why i made a low ball offer on the terri when i was there .... too many times stuffed around. person before me was - be around in the morning once i get a lift [or words to that effect].. then never turned up!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgas
I can understand if I have listed a half eaten sandwich for $1250, but when I'm listing previous generation PC bits and pieces for half their worth... GAGF.

what windows?.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-03-2024, 09:35 PM   #5670
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallye Sport View Post
I find it to be great sport dealing with the feeble of mind on gumtree.
I had some bricks up for free, old mate asks whats the lowest I'll take, I say $20, he comes back with $10, we settle on $15. Sure enough he turned up with the money and took them
LoL advertising for free and still getting paid is a pearler.

I had one a few months back similar, for a Hyundai Getz door glass, he asked how much for the glass, I said "$30", he asked if I could fit it, I agreed and said "ok the glass all up fitted will be $50", so he comes back with "that will be $80 then", I said "no $50 all up", he said "ok Im happy with $80 when can you do it", I just agreed and took the $80 ?
4 users like this post: