Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 27-12-2023, 07:45 PM   #5431
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Stepped in chewing gum today. If thats not infuriating enough, they were new shoes i bought yesterday.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 28-12-2023, 12:05 PM   #5432
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Lettuces did the same thing in our local woolies:

Prior to the week before xmas: $2.
Week leading up to xmas: $4
Xmas eve: $3.50.

Haven't been near the shops since, so don't know what the current price is.
And back to $2.90 each today.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2023, 05:41 PM   #5433
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Specially set up demo saw rig, hired today. Was going hard at it, all happening as planned.

Refuelled half a hour ago and the pull start stopped retracting. Forty minutes of cutting remains, and I’ll either now be back on it tomorrow or working past 5PM. Grr!
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 28-12-2023, 06:05 PM   #5434
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Specially set up demo saw rig, hired today. Was going hard at it, all happening as planned.

Refuelled half a hour ago and the pull start stopped retracting. Forty minutes of cutting remains, and I’ll either now be back on it tomorrow or working past 5PM. Grr!
You'll be popular working after hours with one.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-12-2023, 06:48 PM   #5435
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Ten minutes was all I did, that got me far enough for an afternoon.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-12-2023, 11:25 PM   #5436
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

We are in Grampians.
Visiting Halls Gap is like driving amongst blind people.
Total morons that should not be driving.
Can't stay to the left.
One guy today was stopped at a T-junction we pulled up to....he didnt want to turn, he was parked on a 100Km limit road...tried to wave me thru but he was in the way so he reversed as 2 4x4s joined the fun at speed. Carnage avoided but jesus.
Way too many idiots around here, no idea at all, scary level
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2023, 08:04 AM   #5437
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71V8 View Post
We are in Grampians.
Can't stay to the left.
One guy today was stopped at a T-junction we pulled up to....he didnt want to turn, he was parked on a 100Km limit road...tried to wave me thru but he was in the way so he reversed as 2 4x4s joined the fun at speed. Carnage avoided but jesus.
Welcome to Christmas holiday season driving.

2 users like this post:
Old 30-12-2023, 09:25 AM   #5438
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
We are in Grampians.
Can't stay to the left.
Wait till you get the bike riders & walkers up there, Halls Gap Fool's Paradise.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2023, 12:25 AM   #5439
yanknbank
Very regular

Quote:
We are in Grampians.
Can't stay to the left.
Sounds a lot like The Great Ocean Road on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
Old 31-12-2023, 12:05 PM   #5440
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanknbank View Post
Sounds a lot like The Great Ocean Road on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
We went via Geelong and Lorne.
Turns out half the country visits Lorne for Xmas.
Less chance of being run into by idiots though, everyone was stationary for most of the drive through.
3 users like this post:
Old 31-12-2023, 12:08 PM   #5441
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh and I went for the obligatory photo of Ford against FoMoCo backdrop and the big Ford sign was no longer there.
Was hoping it was still up...but no so no photo
Old 31-12-2023, 12:14 PM   #5442
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Oh and I went for the obligatory photo of Ford against FoMoCo backdrop and the big Ford sign was no longer there.
Bummer.

Old 31-12-2023, 04:24 PM   #5443
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Really was.
Didnt even bother paying attention to the development signage other than it was there instead of the Ford ones.
Old 31-12-2023, 04:38 PM   #5444
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:

been gone awhile now.
mad2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-12-2023, 10:23 PM   #5445
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yep, should have expected it in hindsight
Old 03-01-2024, 10:57 PM   #5446
.:4:.
Kicking back

Bought a new computer today. My old craptop was just like me, not too old but a bit slow.
Anyhows, changing phones is easy. Computers, stupid. Dementia test to the max. Logins, passwords, all the crap that you set and forget you have to remember again.
Im sure someone with computer knowledge will have the simple way of doing it, but not my point.
.:4:. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2024, 07:45 PM   #5447
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

My Dad decided he wanted a smart TV with Netflix capabilities, so he went and bought a new Sony on Boxing Day.

I arrived to see the thing left in the box, with the expectation I would set it up for him. I managed to get it hooked up with minimum of stress. But.......................

No one knows how the work the thing but me. Instead of defaulting to what the TV was on when it was turned off, each time it turned on you have to select the output, which for two 70 years olds, that's just all too hard for them, even after I put paint pen on the two, yes two, buttons they had to push.

I have the same problems with phone for them. All they want is the thing to be a phone, and yet it's made so deliberately overcomplicated for people like that. Next time they get new phones, its NO MORE APPLE products for them! Great for those who use the thing all day, but needlessly complicated and difficult for people who didn't grow up with this stuff. Not everyone can process that sort of thing, and because they can't, they keep pressing buttons until something bad happens. Ask me how I know this.

And so, I have the same complaint about the bloody TV, why can't it just be a TV? Oh, and now I'm paying for a Netflix account that I have no need for, and my Dad won't ever figure out to use it himself!

Oh, and I have no idea how much that new TV cost, but considering the size of the thing, I would imagine it wasn't cheap. What is cheap though is the sound output from the TV itself. Clearly Sony know what they are doing, I'm sure they are more than happy to sell you a sound bar to go with the TV. As it stands, the sound is so tinny and thin that even the 15-year-old TV it replaced sounded better. I'm going to donate my old sound bar once my new system arrives.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2024, 08:40 PM   #5448
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

buy them a new sound bar you tight ****
Old 05-01-2024, 08:53 PM   #5449
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
buy them a new sound bar you tight ****
Well, considering I just spent considerable money on a new sound system for myself, I don't think I'm being a tight ar.e by doing that or giving them my old sound bar.
Mustang GT

5 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2024, 09:25 PM   #5450
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
My Dad decided he wanted a smart TV with Netflix capabilities, so he went and bought a new Sony on Boxing Day.

I arrived to see the thing left in the box, with the expectation I would set it up for him. I managed to get it hooked up with minimum of stress. But.......................

No one knows how the work the thing but me. Instead of defaulting to what the TV was on when it was turned off, each time it turned on you have to select the output, which for two 70 years olds, that's just all too hard for them, even after I put paint pen on the two, yes two, buttons they had to push.

I have the same problems with phone for them. All they want is the thing to be a phone, and yet it's made so deliberately overcomplicated for people like that. Next time they get new phones, its NO MORE APPLE products for them! Great for those who use the thing all day, but needlessly complicated and difficult for people who didn't grow up with this stuff. Not everyone can process that sort of thing, and because they can't, they keep pressing buttons until something bad happens. Ask me how I know this.

And so, I have the same complaint about the bloody TV, why can't it just be a TV? Oh, and now I'm paying for a Netflix account that I have no need for, and my Dad won't ever figure out to use it himself!

Oh, and I have no idea how much that new TV cost, but considering the size of the thing, I would imagine it wasn't cheap. What is cheap though is the sound output from the TV itself. Clearly Sony know what they are doing, I'm sure they are more than happy to sell you a sound bar to go with the TV. As it stands, the sound is so tinny and thin that even the 15-year-old TV it replaced sounded better. I'm going to donate my old sound bar once my new system arrives.
Take it easy on your olds, you lose your patience at times when you get old, I know I certainly do at times and I'm Tech savvy.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2024, 09:44 PM   #5451
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last day of 3 weeks leave. It sucks as I was crook the first week so more like 2 and had to make up time on my to do list

I will see how things are looking next week and may tack a few days onto Australia Day long weekend or early Feb.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2024, 11:24 PM   #5452
Cav
HUGH JARSE
Donating Member2

Cav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2024, 11:30 PM   #5453
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:

Your lucky to still have your parents, cherish what time you have, you will miss the good and the bad times when they are gone.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
7 users like this post:
Old 05-01-2024, 11:40 PM   #5454
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Your lucky to still have your parents, cherish what time you have, you will miss the good and the bad times when they are gone.
Absolutely.

My post probably came across the wrong way, I guess I was more so being annoyed at over complicated tech being a hindrance and frustration rather than a benefit.
Mustang GT

Old 06-01-2024, 09:44 AM   #5455
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Absolutely.

My post probably came across the wrong way, I guess I was more so being annoyed at over complicated tech being a hindrance and frustration rather than a benefit.

Too funny actually DFB - didn’t come across wrongly to me but that I totally get it with a smile.
We have been dealing with 93/90yr old parents that we are very lucky still having them around as mentioned and the tech challenges are a hoot and nightmare into one.
It no matter what brand product it is they just can’t grasp it and never will and completely understand that.
I’ve directed the help towards the grand kids more nowadays lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2024, 11:36 AM   #5456
tbro4123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
Last day of 3 weeks leave. It sucks as I was crook the first week so more like 2 and had to make up time on my to do list

I will see how things are looking next week and may tack a few days onto Australia Day long weekend or early Feb.

Claiming sick leave?
tbro4123 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2024, 12:08 PM   #5457
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Watching the cricket and quickly duck outside to hang a few things on the line, come back and two more wickets gone.

So far this innings I've missed all but the first wicket.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2024, 12:21 PM   #5458
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbro4123 View Post
Claiming sick leave?
Nah have no med cert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351
Watching the cricket and quickly duck outside to hang a few things on the line, come back and two more wickets gone.

So far this innings I've missed all but the first wicket.
Haha wickets were dropping so fast yesterday and it always happened when I was doing something else
Old 06-01-2024, 12:29 PM   #5459
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

****en hell just happened again and Khawaja gone
Old 06-01-2024, 08:15 PM   #5460
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Absolutely.

Sorry didn't mean it to sound like I was having a go at you, I know elderly parents can be as trying as toddlers at times, as they get older they rely on you more which can test your patience at times, you will look back at these times and smile when they are no longer with you, I know I do.
prktkljokr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post: