Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 06-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #1
rowan194
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Still trying to figure out the problem. How do my sparks look?

It gets stranger...

I put my old sparks (would have been from 2005 or earlier) back in after I started this thread to see if there was any noticeable difference in engine note. Kept them in for a few days.

Fixed the exhaust leak and the chugging stopped. So did this unusual buzzing noise at a certain point on my afternoon route, sounds a bit like the hum of a whiney little 4 cylinder engine in a pulsar or corolla, not the sort of thing you would expect from a big 6. This noise started maybe 6-8 weeks ago.

I've since changed back to the newer sparks, and I noticed today the buzz is BACK.

I don't know if it's coincidence... guess I'll leave it a couple more days then swap sparks again, to see if the noise disappears...

One other thing I've noticed is that there's no longer a hot brake kind of smell when I've been driving a while. The exhaust leak must have been cooking something nearby...
rowan194 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post