Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 13-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #31
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 
Default Re: 2013 Mondeo - Actual Street Date

Just log your calls and who you spoke to, what was said and how it was rectified. This is information that the ombudsman will need to help sort the matter out as diplomatically as possible yet, promptly. Don't threaten, don't get personal. Just note it all down and write it all out in a word document that you can email or cut/paste to the ombudsman when needed.

At the end of the day, the ombudsman will be billing the insurance agency for the time they have had to spend to intervene on your behalf, thats an added cost that manager will have to explain to the department heads. Not your problem anyway.

Keep calm bloke, jot down all you can, then approach the ombudsman and let them handle it.

2022 Mazda CX5 GTSP Turbo

2018 Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2021 Subaru Outback Sport
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 AU2 75th Anniversary Futura
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1984 Datsun Bluebird Wagon
1975 Honda Civic
blueoval is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #32
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

We actually saw a new Mondeo on the road (well, parked at a 7-11) yesterday evening. The curious thing was it wasnt badged as a Mondeo, it was badged as a Ford Fusion.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #33
Mad_Pom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
We actually saw a new Mondeo on the road (well, parked at a 7-11) yesterday evening. The curious thing was it wasnt badged as a Mondeo, it was badged as a Ford Fusion.
Probably a Ford LHD engineering unit
Mad_Pom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #34
Casper
FF.Com.Au Hardcore
Contributing Member

Possibly. I thought it was odd as it was clearly a Mondeo but went home and googled the 2013 Ford Fusion and, hey presto, same car. Looks like the US spec Fusion is a thing of the past.

Must admit I didnt take notice of if it was LHD or RHD.

Now in Euro-Trash. VW Coupe V6 4motion.
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #35
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

I'm trying to remain calm, I really am.

Called them at 2pm as promised, and the lady I spoke to (I've spoken to her a few times actually so she understands what my frustration is) instantly looked it up and said that they were STILL waiting on the second quote - and asked me if it was ok to call me back as she wanted to follow up with the repairer plus her team leader.

I then got a call back, they're now assessing it on the one quote they've received (instead of waiting on the second) and yeah, so hopefully now that wheel is in motion I SHOULD actually get my answer tomorrow.

Think I've gone off spending big on a car now though if its written off. Trying to save for a house so will probably just get a $10k - $15k loan for something like an older Nissan Patrol so I can really have fun when I go out bush.
Originally Posted by Nikked
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day-mow
pretty much what has happened here is i trolled you. and it was fun.
Riksta is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #36
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

So they got a $15,000 repair bill on a car insured for $26,000 and they're going for the repair option.

They better hope they do the job properly, because if its not, it will just keep getting taken back until it is.

On the downside, I'm now going to have a Mondeo valued at sweet fa for tradein due to the repair work required.
Riksta likes VN's so much, he has the ashes of a VN in a jar on the mantle piece, a vile of VN engine oil hanging from his neck and a BT1 build plate locked up in a safe, buried under 6ft of concrete.
Quote:
Old 14-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #37
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Well thought out and constructive posts.  A real credit to this forum. 

well at least a decision was made Rik and is now up to you to work out whether you want to keep it or sell it. Put it this way, if the workmanship is not satisfactory, most insurance agencies have a lifetime warranty on the work performed, take it back and get them to rectify it as well as supply a rental car.

Let us know what the outcome is mate

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 14-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #38
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

There won't be any choice Shav, it will be keep it and deal with it, due to the fact I won't get back what I owe on it - especially now its worth nothing after pretty much a full front end body rebuild. Will be lucky to get five bucks selling it privately now.
Quote:
Old 14-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #39
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Not only that but you've used the safety stuff engineered into the body of the car, it won't ever hold up as good as it did when you first totalled it after the repairs.

One to think about, especially if you've had a serious crash like me.
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-03-2013, 02:29 PM   #40
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

That's another thing I'm worried about Damo.

On one hand, its great I'll be getting it back because it pretty well is the perfect car for me and I'll never pick one up as much as a bargain as what this was.

On the other, I'm worried about how it will drive after pretty major repairs, and how safe it will actually be after those repairs. I guess the insurance company don't care about anything like that though, its all about the dollars to them.
Quote:
Old 15-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #41
blueoval
Critical Thinker

I think if you read your PDS, it should give you a period of time they cover all repairs. When I was with AAMI, the repairs were covered for the lifetime of the vehicle while I was owner.

With all this information in mind Rik, I reckon keep the car and drive it into the ground to get some benefit from it back. If it drives ok, then no harm done, selling it now will just lessen the value even more.

Like you said, you got this for a bargain, just keep it for as long as you can, run it into the ground and then trade it in when there are second hand versions of the 2013-14 Mondy's on the market.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
2 users like this post:
Old 15-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #42
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Will probably do that Shav. Will also try and get the amount owing on it down so that if/when I do decide to sell it I'm not stuck with negative equity - that's the main reason I refuse to sell right now anyway.

And yeah I got lifetime warranty on the repairs, so they wanna be done properly because if they're not its going to spend a long time back at the repairer.

Apparently won't be ready for me until 5th April though :(
Quote:
Old 16-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #43
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

Any repairs will have to be done in accordance with manufacturers build standards.
A sub-standard repair will make the vehicle a liability for the insurance company, and , apart from 'redos' to fix 'issues', they will not want a future liability out of this.

* Make use of your lifetime repair warranty.
* Have some faith in the repair industry - whilst your car may not be ex-factory, the repairers are sleceted by the insurance companies to represent their interests in these matters.
* Get your hire car out of them as you are already paying for this via your premium.
* Keep meticulous records of any issues and contacts - a bummer but necessary 'in case....' .
* Do you have to go with the insurer-selected repairer? If you can, choose a reputable repairer - may not be the one initially suggested. Ask for options, visit the workshops, and talk to the people there.
*** And lastly, try to keep smilin'......

Know exactly how you feel
- stolen Prelude found bent.... eventually, then written off
- BMW bike assessment process delays, local dealer then declined to fix it under insurance.

These things are sent to try us !!
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #44
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Thanks Allan.

I guess I'm in a little bit of worry still, aren't things like seatbelts meant to be replaced after an accident of this magnitude?

The repairer did a minor job on a panel I dented (replaced the panel) on it once before, I requested them again as they were really good - treated me like a person instead of a number, called me on any delays, kept really good communication and stuff, so its going back to them. Its not the job they do I'm worried about, its what insurance may have left out of the authorisation to keep the cost down. I'm going to either go down and have a chat or give them a call on Monday as they're not too far from mine, and just run over everything with them, I'm sure I'll get more luck talking to the repairer direct than the insurance company.

As for getting the hire car, mum is letting me use her near new Mazda 3 (over a year old but less than 7,000km on the clock) to run around in, which is a TON more comfortable than the Corolla insurance provided last time. Just such a nicer car to drive (for anyone in the market for a small car I would recommend Mazda 3 over Corolla any day of the week!). I want to get the hire car to have it but yeah I dunno. Maybe I will, and then still do an Easter road trip in it, I'm sure they'll love an extra 1,000 or so kms on the clock of a hire car ;)

Either way, if I get the Mondeo back or if I have to get something else, if I keep my current number plate I got some great stickers at Comic Con today to stick under the hood...

Quote:
This user likes this post:
Old 24-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #45
nevetsg

I can just imagine this going through your head as you were crashing:

Zoe: "Planet's coming up a mite fast."
Wash: "That's just cause I'm going down too quick. Likely crash and kill us all."
Mal: "Well, that happens, let me know."

RIP: Mondeo 2008 MA TDCi. Colorado Red, Leather, Bluetooth, sunroof, Tow pack. C.R. Tech tuning box
nevetsg is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2013, 04:59 PM   #46
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

The quote given will be just that....a quote.
They won't know the true cost until they start pulling things apart. However, the industry standard quotation assessment systems they use are pretty comprehensive so there shouldn't be too many extra surprises. I expect there wiould have been some contigency figure applied as well.
But all this is the insurance company and panel beaters business.

Your problem is just getting your car back in tip top shape...... and soon.

TIP - When you collect the car, park in a nice open area in bright sunshine and have a real good look at panel gaps, paint colour, finish etc. Don't sign it off until you have done this. Some things are only evident from 10 paces back and certain light angles.

I had one local panel beater suggest to me that I could reset the gaps on the grille of my Camry (after fixing minor front end shunt). Er...excuse me, that's what you guys are being paid to do. I rode off on my motorbike and picked up the Camry next day with grille now correctly aligned.
Old 25-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #47
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetsg View Post
I can just imagine this going through your head as you were crashing:

Zoe: "Planet's coming up a mite fast."
Wash: "That's just cause I'm going down too quick. Likely crash and kill us all."
Mal: "Well, that happens, let me know."
I love when there's someone else who gets the entire reference behind the reason for my numberplates. Browncoats rock.

I wish I could use the quote "My ship don't crash. If she crashes, you crashed her" but we all know that's not true unfortunately. But soon she'll be shiny again.

Will definitely be looking at it in direct sunlight and the like to check panel gaps and stuff. The repairer replaced a front guard previously after a carpark scrape and they did an awesome job at everything including colour match so I'm hoping for not too many problems.

Had a phone call from him the other day re my DRLs, apparently one is damaged, I told him previously that if he needed a replacement I'd got them from eBay. Apparently they ARE damaged this time, I told him that yes, they were eBay aftermarket specials, however Ford also do genuine ones for the next model up (Titanium), so he's going to look into it. Otherwise I might have to fork out of own pocket for a set of DRLs and do another install as I didn't have them listed on my policy, guess we'll see how things go though.

As a bonus, he stated that he had a copy of the genuine Ford repair manual for the car to go through it to make sure everything was done to Ford specs, and to ensure anything requiring replacement will be replaced. Increases my confidence a little considering I've had a good run with these guys before.
Quote:
Old 25-03-2013, 07:36 PM   #48
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

All sounds positive with the repairer. IMHO you'll be paying for the DRLs as "non-standard, not on policy". But minimal $$ compared to full bill - think of them as Sales Tax on a replacement car.

Keep us posted, and good luck.
Old 26-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #49
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Worst case with the DRLs, I'll tell them not to bother. New bumper will be Zetec spec with the blanking plates, I can then order new ones off eBay and do another install. Will be a pretty quick install now that I know how its all done ;)
Quote:
Old 27-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #50
coombesplo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Riksta who was insurer - name and shame I say
coombesplo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-05-2013, 12:11 AM   #51
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Would rather not sling crap on a big company on a public forum sorry, you just never know who's reading it... one of their lawyers perhaps? I might name & shame once its all said & done.

Which come to think of it... is tomorrow!

After nearly two months (accident was 4th March) the car is ready for collection, I'm picking it up tomorrow. Here's a quick run down on some of what I dealt with - but before going into it I wanna say the repairer has been FANTASTIC to me, giving me calls and updates as often as possible, and being apologetic on any delays, and I can understand delays its just not having answers that does my head in.

- Over a week for insurance to decide what they were doing with my car
- Crash repairer couldn't get authorisation for new DRLs.
- Ordered new DRLs at my cost from eBay, took to repairer, repairer wired them in no charge as he had the front of the car pulled apart anyway
- Body work was all done & ready, was meant to have it by the end of the week a couple of weeks back... but they needed to reset codes in the car's computer at a Ford dealer
- Got a call on the Thursday of the week I was meant to have it back by, couldn't get it into a Ford dealer until following Tuesday to reset codes
- Got a call the Wednesday afternoon following it going to Ford... problem with computer, needs a new computer, insurance being approached to pay for a new computer
- Next call is on the Friday, all clear to order new computer, but they need my spare key at the Ford dealer to be able to program it, could I run it down there please (no problem as the dealer is only 10mins from my place anyways). Tell them I'll drop it on Monday, my RDO.
- Last Monday I drop the key off at the Ford dealer in the morning, guy there says they can't get the car running, new computer should be in and done by end of tomorrow (meaning Tuesday last week). I know on top of this the repairer needed the car back to regas aircon & detail the thing
- Last Wednesday - phone call that new computer is in, but slight issues with the way its running, narrowed down to throttle body, they'll get a new one on order, plus a new "main wiring loom" for good measure as well. ETA unknown, need to contact insurance etc to get the "all clear" to go and buy it.
- At this stage I figure I have been receiving decent updates, basically I know that as soon as the repairer knows any updates he'll let me know, until then its basically wait and see (unlike insurance who kept promising an answer "tomorrow" then not calling).
- Phone call approx 10am this morning: "Your car will be ready for pickup from 3pm today".

Happy with the repairer's service, they've done right, still haven't heard from the insurance company to let me know the car is ready yet. Will probably come tomorrow, I'll look forward to saying "Fancy that, its sitting in my work carpark now, how do I know that? Because I DROVE IT HERE."

Couldn't pick it up this arvo but tomorrow morning bright & early I'll go collect and get reacquanted on my way to work I'm looking forward to it in a lot of ways... just really hoping that everyone involved in the repair got everything right, hoping there's no electric/electronic gremlins, hoping it drives straight, hoping the paint matches perfectly and all that kind of stuff.
Quote:
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #52
blueoval
Critical Thinker

Hope its as good as new Rik. What an ordeal. Makes you want to drive even safer just realizing the grief you can go thru getting insurance to sort out the mess.

1967 XR FALCON 500

Cars previously owned:
2018 Subaru XV-S
2012 Subaru Forester X
2007 Subaru Liberty GT
2001 Subaru GX wagon
1991 EB XR8
1977 XC Fairmont
1990 EA S Pak
1984 XE S Pak
1982 ZJ Fairlane
1983 XE Fairmont
1989 EA Falcon
1975 Honda Civic
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 AM   #53
Riksta
Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Started a new thread now I've got it back...

http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?p=4719200

In short, not quite as good as new. Not yet anyway. Will hopefully be soon ;)
Quote: