Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 29-01-2021, 11:27 PM   #2821
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: What made you feel good today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MITCHAY View Post
I went back to work today and though I can sense a **** storm brewing, today was pretty easy and even worked longer than normal without noticing
Yep it has exploded. Only been back two days but it is like I never left. So many dickheads who do **** all but cause all the problems, but it is Friday so it is a Monday problem now

Tinnies and tunes is all I care about right now
MITCHAY is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 29-01-2021, 11:30 PM   #2822
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Yep it has exploded. Only been back two days but it is like I never left. So many dickheads who do **** all but cause all the problems, but it is Friday so it is a Monday problem now

Tinnies and tunes is all I care about
So what made you feel good today is the weekend ?
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2021, 03:08 AM   #2823
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
So what made you feel good today is the weekend ?
Yep but I have to get up to run a SQL script to put a change in.

All the dickheads act like it is so complicated but all I need to know is a couple of numbers which we could do in business hours.

I'm going to get OT for doing something I could have done in normal work hours

So to be true to the thread I'm going to make way more money vs the effort I put in. Over $200 on top on my salary for less than 5 mins work

Last edited by MITCHAY; 30-01-2021 at 03:20 AM.
This user likes this post:
Old 30-01-2021, 10:57 AM   #2824
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I feel heaps better now my change is done. My WA colleague is feeling a bit rough though since it is a bit early there. They could of scheduled it for 12pm ACT time at least
Old 30-01-2021, 11:40 AM   #2825
.:4:.
Kicking back

After spending a few hours over the past couple of days cleaning the interior of my car, and i also front brakes which were well overdue for attention. Took it for a drive this morning, and its almost like a different car. Yeah the interior shows its age, so its never going to be perfect, but it still comes up on the better side of presentable. It was the main family car for years and my brother used it as a work car for years after that doing 1000km per week. But, giving it some attention more then the odd vac here or there, im happy with how its coming up. The steering wheel was my concern, i thought the right side leather was badly worn, but it was a thick layer of human slime. So its not too bad.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2021, 02:48 PM   #2826
Trendseeker

Quote:
So to be true to the thread I'm going to make way more money vs the effort I put in. Over $200 on top on my salary for less than 5 mins work
I hear you.
The bureaucracy and overhead on IT changes is enormous, frustrating, inefficient and expensive, as you know.
And to be true to the thread, reflecting on my current role that doesn’t require any direct involvement in regular IT change requests makes me feel good today.
Old 30-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #2827
Sonny_Jim

Seeing the sausage sizzle back at Bunnings made me feel good today.
Sonny_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 30-01-2021, 06:59 PM   #2828
Syndrome
Ford screwed the Falcon

Binky painted!

My cars

Current ride
2016 FG X XR6 - 6 speed manual

Previous rides
2009 FG XR6 - 6 speed auto
2006 BF MkII XT ESP - 6 speed auto
2003 BA XT V8 - 5 speed manual
1999 AU Forte - 5 speed manual
1997 EL Fairmont - 4 speed auto
1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - 4 speed auto
Syndrome is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2021, 10:30 PM   #2829
George V
Donating Member
Donating Member3

It stopped raining for a while today, so finally decided to service my 20 year old lawn mower. Always starts on first pull anyway.

Finished changing plug, filters, oil, blades and some side skirt plastic bits which I purchased more than five years ago.
Got is started to check everything, all good and then .. rainstorm ...

Not a bad afternoon anyway.

Regards,
George V
George V is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 01-02-2021, 11:56 AM   #2830
Kicking back

Pretty happy with Australia post. Thats not a statement typically made. But for the past few interweb orders ive made, theyve come in atleast 2 days before the original estimate on the tracking number. And thats snail mail from interstate. Of the 2 thing's ive received today, one was supposed to be wednesday, the other friday. And i got a text to say a 3rd is on its way for today.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:55 PM   #2831
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Finally got the evap cooler person back out after the water damage it caused last Monday. It took him a bit to find the problem but it was a small tube that split so was an easy fix.

Now I have to get onto body corp about getting the damage looked at.

So my cooler is working again and they didn't charge me anything
2 users like this post:
Old 02-02-2021, 09:45 PM   #2832
Kicking back

My kid was mad keen on the new school bag i bought him. He is in year 6, so everything's a popularity contest. So i was in year 6 once, and my parent's, anyhow.
So i let him open the postage bag. Interweb shopping, the reason i hate it is because you cant see it in person before you buy it. It wasnt off shebay, it was from a reputable shop, but still.
My boy, happy as larry. I hovered over him because stanley knifes you cut away from yourself. But he got to open it. Its a quicksilver, so cool enough. And i incidentally bought a double up of hats for myself, so instead of the pain of interweb returns, i gifted the other to the boy too. Its a nice hat too. I only rock blanks. And this ones a blank grey flexi.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:12 PM   #2833
Mr_G6ET
Ford G6ET FG MkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:4:. View Post
My kid was mad keen on the new school bag i bought him. He is in year 6, so everything's a popularity contest. So i was in year 6 once, and my parent's, anyhow.
So i let him open the postage bag. Interweb shopping, the reason i hate it is because you cant see it in person before you buy it. It wasnt off shebay, it was from a reputable shop, but still.
My boy, happy as larry. I hovered over him because stanley knifes you cut away from yourself. But he got to open it. Its a quicksilver, so cool enough. And i incidentally bought a double up of hats for myself, so instead of the pain of interweb returns, i gifted the other to the boy too. Its a nice hat too. I only rock blanks. And this ones a blank grey flexi.
Cool, they grow up fast, enjoy it while you can. Record as much as you can (pics/vid) so its a good recall later... good tip for younger ones not recognising how fast time changes
Mr_G6ET is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2021, 06:15 AM   #2834
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR-351 View Post
Well **** you Murphy's law, guess where my opposite number was coming from?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-...virus/13089832

.......will have to wait another 10 days after the 28th
It gets better , we had 3 West Aussies join the ship on the 29th Jan so now when we get back to Darwin on the 6th we have to get COVID tested and sit at anchor for 3 days waiting for the results, meanwhile my Kiwi relief arrives on the 5th and gets to kick back at the Darwin Airport Resort until i get the all clear then if all good, i get to go home

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
DJR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2021, 01:01 PM   #2835
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_G6ET View Post
Cool, they grow up fast, enjoy it while you can. Record as much as you can (pics/vid) so its a good recall later... good tip for younger ones not recognising how fast time changes
Mate, they grow up in a flash. I think the best part about having a kid when you're young (i was 22) is you can keep up with them and you're not too old to keep up with their trends. Yeah, they're to a degree expensive so it helps having a decent job, but nobody plans to have kids, they just happen. But its fun getting them stuff my parents wouldnt for me. Im the youngest of 3, so not like my only child. But stuff like when my boy asked if i could teach him how to ride a skateboard. Now, he would have been happy with a pre fab skateboard from rebel sport or wherever. No no no no no. That was my main form of transport as a kid. So we went to the skate shop. Bought all the good bits. Only compromise was trucks. Ive snapped enough light weight ones in my time, but got him light ones. Hes a kid so light weight gear is better, he wont be snapping them anytime soon. He got so excited picking the hardware. He went with purple. I used to always go green, but purple looks pretty cool. And with advice/supervision he built it. He thought he was the biggest man in the universe when i took him to the back of the ute i had at the time, and he reffered to it as man ute as in his eyes he thought it had every tool in the universe to fix anything. So i gave him free reign on tools. So taught him stuff like how to mark where to trim grip tape and stuff with a screwdriver. And other things like using the trimmings to sand down spots of the grip tape to not kill your shoes as bad. He was so proud of himself. And even after a few unco stacks learning to ride it, you just couldnt wipe the smile off his face. Same scenario when he wanted an rc car. That again was my teenage hobby. So i wont let him change the motor. The monster truck i bought him does 60km out of the box. It has modded bits on it, just stock motor and speed controller. Im in about a grand for the thing plus mods, extra batteries etc. But its pretty sick. My kid just babies it a bit too much. Which in a sense is good, but, its proper, so wang a gutter and snap a suspension arm, you can easily get a new one.
But i have a heap of fun with my kid doing boy stuff. Im a pretty on it parent when it comes to being out of line. Stuff like swearing is a no go. And in the same token, i do not swear around him. My attitude is bad habits start early, so if you dont start them, they dont happen.
Then there's the other boy stuff. Last year my kid was wanting a dual screen setup for his computator. So i did that for him. His mum got up me a bit about what does he need that for? He loves it. Same thing come Christmas, i sensed a gaming controller for said computater would be an appropriate gift. Kid loves it, but again i got interrogated. But, boy stuff with my boy, its awesome. And hes pretty funny. Yesterday hes telling me i should do extractors and a cat delete on my car to make it faster. It already has an exhaust. But the answer is no. Cat deletes are illegal. Extractors maybe, but if i can already exceed the speed limit easy enough, no need to go faster.
2 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #2836
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Finally under 100kg !!!!!

This made me fell pretty darn good today

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2021, 06:44 PM   #2837
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Oh... and this as well

3 users like this post:
Old 03-02-2021, 07:55 PM   #2838
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I got more OT for the weekend then I thought I was going to get and it made the current pay too.
3 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2021, 12:57 PM   #2839
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Two weeks past the “absolute final date” where the copper telephone lines in my area were supposed to cease, and they’re still working just fine.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2021, 10:02 PM   #2840
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Noticed a Jaguar F-Type SVR in the car park at work today. Well, I actually heard it arrive before I spotted it.

About half an hour later, I was way down the back when I heard it roar onto the highway, LOUD and CLEAR. Absolute music to my ears. Made my day. I don't get to see many F-Types around here, let alone the flagship SVR.

It's amazing how most Jag's have abysmal resale, yet the F-Type is the exception. I wan't one so BADLY.

The orange car at the end is what it sounded like from where I was, complete with the wicked snap/crackle/pop on over-run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RTVxtQNaqk
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-02-2021, 10:12 PM   #2841
Kicking back

So i put dba t2's on my car last week, but standard issue bendix pads. It stopped as a car should stop. Put on bendix ultimate pads today. Still bedding them in, so being careful. It stops better. Well, less pedal to slow down. Its no race car, but it stops reasonably ok.
Old 04-02-2021, 10:28 PM   #2842
ghezzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
Two weeks past the “absolute final date” where the copper telephone lines in my area were supposed to cease, and they’re still working just fine.
Lucky you!
My ADSL got cut off 2 months ago coz NBN was available.
NO IT AINT!

Using Optus mobile internet temporarily, but what made me feel good today?

RUM!
Old 05-02-2021, 06:18 PM   #2843
TrVrPhiLpsiNdstrys

Found this randomly on Youtube.. made me feel good.

3 users like this post:
Old 05-02-2021, 06:53 PM   #2844
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Happy this week is done though plenty more waiting for me next week. But that is a future Mitch problem for the next couple of days
Old 06-02-2021, 06:20 PM   #2845
Kicking back

On Thursday, my idiot brother was telling me about the minor renovations he wanted to make. So i ordered him 2 sheets of gyprock. He only really needs 1, but neither of us are gyprock experts, so theres going to be a bit of measure once cut twice action. So yesterday, he got the delivery. So today, made the first start to fixes. We still need plaster, but todays main goal was getting plastered, tools wize, i have the gear. Gyprocking, its not too difficult, but there is a reason people get paid to do it. They're better at it. But anyhow, any progress is a step forward.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:47 PM   #2846
Kicking back

Im genuinely surprised. My brother is very hard to motorvate. Hes like flogging a dead horse most the time. But he calls me today. So there is quite a number of patches that need to be made a his place. Ive given him a gyprock sword and new blades for his mate stanly, lent my electric sander. Ordered most of whats needed plastering wise. So removed 90% of excuses. So i said to him, assuming it would go in 1 ear and out the other, measure and cut 1 patch a day, we have no time constraints. Hes proud of himself, he already has 2 patches good to go today. He doesnt have an impact driver, im not lending him mine, and i dont love him enough to buy him one. But i will help out with screwing thing's in. His biggest reservation was mess. But i showed him the trick. Drop sheet down, and use painters tape to stick it to the skirting board so all gyprock dust ends up on the drop sheet. Saves a lot of time vacuuming. I worked as a sparky for 14 years, and we typically have a reputation for leaving behind a mess. Thats not how you get repeat business. And plus, cleaning takes time which in turn costs more for labour, so for 90c drop sheets and a roll of tape to reduce cleaning time. Thats when you get positive feedback. So with a few points in the right direction, my brothers way more confident to attack this job. The painter he used last time left quite a mess, so that's why he was hesitant for diy. Im no gyprocker, but im not a ****bag tradie either. But we have the time to make mistakes and work out how to fix them. And i think my brothers happy to be doing something where you can visually see a result and say 'i did that'. I also reckon he's happy that so far it hasnt cost him a cent. Thats not the part im happy about, ive been paying for motorvation...
Old 12-02-2021, 03:10 PM   #2847
peaterj
Donating Member

One week ago today my first Grandson was born although he was 8 weeks early due to the mother having health issues from having a double kidney & pancreas transplant a few years ago.

He weighed in at a whopping 1.5kg and 42cm , long way to go yet but first milestone today being moved out of the nicu.

peaterj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2021, 03:19 PM   #2848
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

That’s good progress, it must have been a very stressful time. Good on you for being there, too.
Citroënbender is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-02-2021, 03:25 PM   #2849
peaterj
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
That’s good progress, it must have been a very stressful time. Good on you for being there, too.
That's proud Dad's hand not mine ,we're still not allowed to visit him yet.
peaterj is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 12-02-2021, 04:02 PM   #2850
98TLS
Donating Member
Donating Member3

This the other day,didnt have the heart to move him so went back in pub and had another pint.