Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Laser and Telstar

Old 15-12-2023, 01:27 AM   #1
Malcolm White
Starter Motor

Default 1997 Telstar 2 litre spares

G'day Australia,

Greetings from South Africa. I am hoping that the organised Ford forums in Aus may be able to help me find some spare parts for my terrific 1997 Telstar Mystique. All sources and scrap yards in South Africa have been unable to help.

The most urgent part I am looking for is the switch that works the aircon/fan in the cabin, (see picture attached). If anyone can help but is only willing to sell me the entire heater/aircon unit controls that's fine. I am happy to pay for that but all I really need is the fan speed switch.

I am getting desperate to find this switch now as our climate here is very similar to yours in Aus and summer is well and truly heating up. Driving with windows open to try and stay cool is not recommended here due to our ever-growing violent crime rate!

If anyone can help me with this I would be most grateful if you could email me at malwhite@mweb.co.za or whatsapp to +2783 378 4141.

Cheers,

Malcolm White
Malcolm White is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 07:46 PM   #2
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: 1997 Telstar 2 litre spares

Does your switch have a part number on it anywhere? It should be GJ2161530A?
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-12-2023, 08:54 PM   #3
XR Martin
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 1997 Telstar 2 litre spares

Not many of these left here either.
There was a dumped one in my street a little while ago however, gone now though sorry.
2016 FGX XR8 Sprint, 6speed manual, Kinetic Blue #170

2004 BA wagon RTV project.

1998 EL XR8, Auto, Hot Chilli Red

1993 ED XR6, 5speed, Polynesian Green. 1 of 329. Retired

1968 XT Falcon 500 wagon, 3 on the tree, 3.6L. Patina project.
XR Martin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post