Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Cougar and Probe

Old 22-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #1
bunter
F.T.F Member

Question Cougar Front Parking Globs

anyone know of a globe thats close to the ones in the front of the gougar, rang around and seems that only ford have the globes and they are $45 each
a rude price for a small clobe it better come with a movie and a dinner at that price.

has anyone found a way around this problem, has anyone done a mod to allow other globes to fit and if so what did you do and what parts did you use.

mine is a 2000 model and its takes the baonet stile parker globe not the wedge style parking globe in the front

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Ebony Black 2000 V6 Ford Cougar
bunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

I replaced my parkers on the Cougar. They weren't 45 bucks each though. 2000 model also. I think i grabbed them from Autobarn!

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
bunter
F.T.F Member

i have tryied supper cheap no go repco and robbos, guildford spares, peps and had no luck

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 22-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

According to my reference material, the Sylvania/Osram 3757A is a direct replacement - it's a double filament amber S-8 Wedge type bulb of 27/7W and in some markets it's actually clear. The base style is a WX2.5x16q.

Been too long since mine went to recall whether they serve double duty as indicators but as they are dual filament one would think so.

I'm fairly sure the Hella equivalent is WPA1227/7.

Cheers
Russ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cougar Park Globe.jpg (17.9 KB, 48 views)

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #5
professorsabre
NECO

Have you taken the globe out because I'm pretty sure the parking light is wedge type globe W5W and the turning light is what Russ's picture is.
Although mine is a 2001 I'm almost certain that the parker light is the same in both models.
If it is W5W they're pretty cheap and readily available.
Cheers.
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #6
bunter
F.T.F Member

photos below of parker globs, showed ford and this are the right ones they say, sorry for the poor quality of the photos cheap web cam lol

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 23-04-2010, 10:27 AM   #7
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Despite the poor picture that looks very much like a Halogen mini globe with a BAX9s base - Hella Part Number W126BL.

Cheers
Russ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg W126BL.jpg (16.6 KB, 47 views)

Observatio Facta Rotae

russellw is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #8
bunter
F.T.F Member

thats the one why do they cost so much what makes them worth so much..

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 23-04-2010, 02:02 PM   #9
bunter
F.T.F Member

just orded them from Peps here in merrylands and the cost is $28 for the pair part # 126B2

Much cheaper than ford at $45 each

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 23-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #10
professorsabre
NECO

Yeah that's it H6W Philips also have them. Was going to post update but Russ beat me to it. Not easy when almost every catalogue lists the incorrect bulb. My 01 has H10 bulbs but it's listed as H3 like yours.
Anyway all fixed now.
Cheers
professorsabre is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #11
REDDYZ

Are these globes really that expensive? I have few of them (philips H6W) and I threw them somewhere in my junk inventry thinking they are only park globes. Well, I should search and store them somewhere safe. I got them from my workshop and didnt cost me a thing.
REDDYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2010, 01:42 PM   #12
Cougar_Cougs

Default Globes = Doome

Get the $45.00 dollar ones. Because I didn't & it ended up costing me thousands of dollars & lots of time on ebay UK to have the whole 2 head lights replaced. Because a very stupid expert auto electrician told me to buy a brand & I did as the expert said, a week later the heat from the bulbs burnt holes in the cowling - the shiny black bit wasn't I P!@#$D OFF. Or just see your friendly auto electrian & ask about replacing wiring & bulb holder so you can use those new cool globs / diodes our what ther called & the above problem won't happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter
anyone know of a globe thats close to the ones in the front of the gougar, rang around and seems that only ford have the globes and they are $45 each
a rude price for a small clobe it better come with a movie and a dinner at that price.

has anyone found a way around this problem, has anyone done a mod to allow other globes to fit and if so what did you do and what parts did you use.

mine is a 2000 model and its takes the baonet stile parker globe not the wedge style parking globe in the front
Cougar_Cougs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #13
REDDYZ

I have been using philips H6W since long time now. Till now no issues. I actually use my headlights all the time no matter what time of the day. And these globes lasts roughly around 7 to 10 months. Till today no dramas. It is true that they get very hot. When you replace the globe make sure that the globe holder goes in easy and clicks. If it doesnt do that, it is not properly in and might be just sitting somewhere inbetween the insert, which is not good when they get hot.
Old 23-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #14
tomo
Starter Motor

Guys, how do you take parking light bulbs out? I need to replace one on my cougar (2000) but can't get it out. I don't have access from the front, tried to pull it from the back but it won't come out. Am I missing something here or is there a trick?

Last edited by tomo; 23-05-2010 at 02:12 PM.
tomo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2010, 09:58 AM   #15
thearrow

You will have to take out the whole headlight assembly, I think it is held in by three screws and then the whole thig just lifts out.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #16
tomo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thearrow
You will have to take out the whole headlight assembly, I think it is held in by three screws and then the whole thig just lifts out.
Hi thearrow, I had the whole thing in my living room. I could pull out all other bulbs but the parking one. Its socket is kind of stuck. I can turn it left/right and that's it, tried to pull pretty hard but didn't want to break it. The socket has little grips like it's meant to be pulled out but... ...only sore fingers.
It looks like easy acess from the front so I tried to take the headlight assembly apart but it seems to be glued together...
Old 24-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #17
bunter
F.T.F Member

the one ur after isnt like the others you dont wtist it you pull it out its like a small plastic cap with 2 wires going into it.

Old Rides
White V8 EB Mont
Old 24-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #18
tomo
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter
the one ur after isnt like the others you dont wtist it you pull it out its like a small plastic cap with 2 wires going into it.
Just pull it? I tried pretty hard but it didn't move a bit...
Old 24-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #19
thearrow

Spray it with some WD40 and see what happens !!!! Then use a pair of pliers probably long nose ones and see how you go.
thearrow is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #20
REDDYZ

I fitted Genuine Philips digital canbus HID kit 6000k on my cougar which gives ultra white light with slight bluish mix in it and replaced fog light globes with the same color (no HID kit for foggies though). Now I couldn't do anything with the parkers. Parkers on my kitty still remains odd amber color. I have been trying a lot to find white or at least blue color park globes for my Cougar and couple of times ended purchasing wrong sizes. (online purchase) Does anyone have any information about these park globes? Is there a choice of color at all?
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Now driving a Lexus RX 450h. Your guess is correct that I am a family man now.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:05 PM   #21
REDDYZ

At last I found LED park globes for Cougars which are H6W. Now my lowbeams, foggies and parkers are in same colour. (White) Here is the link for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_2612wt_1139

They fit perfectly in Cougars headlight assembly. As you know LEDs last ages. No more hassles of changing globes.
Ex Cougar - 00' MTX 2.5L (Limited edition Eibach Cougar); Dark Green Tourmaline; Lowered with Eibach tuned suspension from factory; SVT UIM, LIM & Throttle body; Supercat 2.5" dual exhaust with twin pipe quad outlets; Custom headers; Custom coloured instrument cluster; K&N Apollo CAI kit; Calibre oil catch can.

Old 13-09-2010, 10:10 AM   #22
REDDYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDDYZ
At last I found LED park globes for Cougars which are H6W. Now my lowbeams, foggies and parkers are in same colour. (White) Here is the link for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....ht_2612wt_1139

They fit perfectly in Cougars headlight assembly. As you know LEDs last ages. No more hassles of changing globes.
If anyone considering to buy these LEDs, please hold on for a while. Sorry guys, looks like these LEDs might not work properly. After I fitted them, they worked fine for a while may be until I start the engine and then they started to blink. Could be because of excess wattage. No dramas with number plate LEDs but with parkers H6W uses more wattage and LEDs do have the chips to resist the voltage but I dont know why they aren't working properly. Am trying to figure out the exact problem and update you soon.