Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2024, 02:33 AM   #1
randel
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Small car to "Get Back in Love With"

Following on from "Ford CEO - Americans need to “get back in love” with small cars"

What are peoples thoughts for a small car to replace the daughters Getz? Was written off in a car accident tonight. She is OK - car not so much!

She loved the little Getz - small and reliable.

She is not a car person - doesnt care for brands etc - budget - up to around $25k? Could go a little higher if needed. Must be Auto and Air cond and similar size to the Getz - small Hatch.

Doesnt need to be brand new - but probably worth getting something newer than the Getz.

We happened to be driving home after picking her up and saw a Suzuki Swift - nice looking little car - quick search and 1 speed CVT puts me off. Any feedback on these?

I would love to find something in the Ford range - but anything small Ford in Auto gives me DCT shivers. Had a look at Fords Australian Website - categories are Trucks & Vans/SUVs/Performance/Electric/Future Vehicles. Yet they tell us we need to fall in love with small cars

I want to steer away from Euro ($$$ to maintain) & China. Leads me to Japanese or Korean.

Had a Picanto loaner for her a while back - not really impressed with that - although may just be bad memories because it stunk like fish inside

Hyundai i20/i30? (What is the difference between I30 and Accent?)
Kia Cerato?
Toyota Yaris?
Mazda 2?

Any of the above 4 with known issues to steer clear of?

What would you recommend for your kids? Penny for ya thoughts!

Toys - 351 XY Falcon and FG GT

Last edited by randel; 11-07-2024 at 02:42 AM.
randel is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post